Videla - convicted of stealing left wing babies

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by butchersapron, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Casually Red

Casually Red tomorrow belongs to me

d u e l

twat

2. Casually Red

the hero of the entire conflict was, in my view, an Irish-argentine officer by the name of Patricio Dowling. Hes worth googling.
    Such was his inherited animosity towards the little colonisers even the junta sent him home early . I reckon if theyd kept him there theyd have won

this was top of the irish charts during that period in 1982

3. Casually Red

he/she's having a go at me, as is his/her wont

4. Casually Red

stalins chaps did a pretty good line at in the ukraine as well

5. Fedayn

Fedayn Well-Known Member

A Military man, intimately involved with and supported the Argentine military junta, a junta that slaughtered the most active layers of the Argenitne working-class, that tortured men women and children, a man who supported this shite is/was a hero? Sweet fucking jesus.....

6. Casually Red

and yet Fidel Castro offered the support of the cuban military to the anti imperialist struggle in the south atlantic in 82 nontheless, despite it already being heavily committed to the anti colonial struggle in angola at the time. A great pity the argentines never realised the importance of that until it was too late, only after the struggle establishing diplomatic contacts . Seasoned cuban fighters would most definitely have tipped the balance towards the anti imperialist side . On the upside though even the mere offer of military assistance to argentina transformed cuban relations with the entire latin american continent, apart from with britains openly fascist ally in the conflict , Pinochets Chile.

7. Fedayn

Fedayn Well-Known Member

Somehow Castro is infallible? Fidel says so ergo it's correct..... I hope you enjoyed your dance on the grave of tens of thousands of murdered and tortured Argentine worker militants.....

Can you walk and chew gum at the same time? I doubt it frankly.

You point to Thatcher s pal Pinochet and yet you, the eminent anti-fascist, are getting a jolly with a brutal anti-working class dictator. You're a clown.

MellySingsDoom and frogwoman like this.
  8. Casually Red

And you support fucking colonialism in the south atlantic in the 21 st century . Watch you dont squirt somebody in theye with that fake flower, while your running about in your oversize shoes honking a horn . Captain Mainwaring.

9. Fedayn

Fedayn Well-Known Member

Where did I say I supported colonialism, the British Forces, the current status of the Falklands/Malvinas or anything close to that? You however directly defend and supported those who butchered the working class in Argentina. A stance laughable from anyone, even moreso from someone who claims some kind of left-wing mantle.... Ok Mr O'Duffy.....

MellySingsDoom likes this.
  10. Casually Red

no , i dont . I simply support the anti imperialist struggle in Latin America. as Fidel castro did as well . Are you actually accusing marxist-leninist 1982 cuba of being a fascist state now ? Fucks sake ..seriously ?

11. Casually Red

if you actually had politically supported the Latin american left wingers youd support their political position at the time, and since, and now, which was that the only fucking good thing the junta actually did during its cursed existence was assert latin american sovereignty over Las Malvinas .

12. Fedayn

Fedayn Well-Known Member

Yes you do, you supported the junta, openly and clearly, it's in this thread in black and white.

I didn't call Castro anything, I simply asked if he's infallible, it's up there in black and white.

The O'Duffy jibe was a simple retort to your Captain Mainwaring jibe. Or was that a bit complicated for you?

MellySingsDoom likes this.
  13. chilango

chilango Cold, frankly incensed and...meh

What anti-imperialist struggle?

Two pretty nastily governed states scrapping over over a bunch of islands in order to extend their territorial claims in the antarctic and subantarctic.

I don't see what there is to support here.

14. Citizen66

Citizen66 splash the cistern

Not defending rape this week then?

15. Casually Red

the one in latin america, against your imperialist country

16. Casually Red

in fairness its only sunday

Citizen66 likes this.
  17. copliker

copliker ...

The "anti-imperialism" pose is even more pathetic when the rather obvious point is made about how the US and the Reagan admin in particular supported Latin/South American dictatorships and stymied international efforts to investigate murders and disappearances. But Dowling was a bit Irish, sure aren't we great lads.

likesfish likes this.
  18. chilango

My imperialist country? En serio?

19. Casually Red

the US and reagan overwhelmingly supported Britian and its imperialist struggle in the south atlantic, aided and abetted by Pinochets fascist Chile . Who's direct military support meant the difference between defeat and victory to the imperialist cause. favour repaid years later when the fascist leader was evading extradition with the connivance of a British labour government

20. Casually Red

rule brittania, wot wot

21. copliker

copliker ...

Do you have anything to say about the thread topic, other than pointing out that one of the junta's top military coppers is a hero of yours, or are you going to carry on posting shit videos and banging on about those shitty islands.

22. chilango

Perhaps you should read about the conquisto del desierto and the Mapuche?

likesfish likes this.
  23. chilango

Equally how on earth are the Falklands part of Latin America?

24. Casually Red

i said i looked forward to an end to imperialism in the south atlantic . Im getting a lot of shit for that point of view, for some reason .

25. Casually Red

Las Malvinas.. right enough..theyre just beside Guernsey..oh hold on.

26. chilango

You know the difference between Latin America and South America right?

It is relevant in this discussion...

27. chilango

When you've finished reading about the Mapuche perhaps have a look at Esperanza base, more recent, more benign, but more pertinent perhaps...

28. Casually Red

perhaps you should read the "Reflections of Fidel"

, in one of his Reflections, Fidel described the "criminal dispossession signified by stripping Argentina of a little piece of its territory in the extreme south of the continent. There, the British deployed their decadent military apparatus to murder rookie Argentine recruits wearing summer clothing in the middle of winter. The United States, and its ally Augusto Pinochet, shamelessly supported them."....

29. chilango

I'm not supporting Britain.

Just questioning why you're supporting a colonialist power.

30. Casually Red

a false question , because im not . Britian is the colonialist power in the south atlantic . Las Malvinas are thousands of miles away from brixton . Like seriously, a really long way . Even further than Iraq