Videla - convicted of stealing left wing babies

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by butchersapron, Jul 6, 2012.

1. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

(I apologise for the crap title, nothing else would fit -happy to change to something better)

Jorge Rafael Videla convicted of baby thefts

There are posters on here directly effected by this, i've oked it with them posting it and mentioning them.

Anti-imperialism, fuck you.

dennisr likes this.
  2. copliker

copliker ...

BBC - Argentine 'Dirty War' baby back with biological family.
    Makes a change from the usual stomach churning stuff about this whole case.

idumea, muscovyduck and stuff_it like this.
  3. Voley

Voley Knees Up Mother Earth

Fucking hell.

4. Firky

Firky The first of the gang Banned

Almost the opposite of Nicolae Ceausesceu (sp?), well not really but I can't think of how to put it.

5. DrRingDing

DrRingDing 'anti-human wanker'

I dated an Argentinian girl whose activist parents escaped Argentina after they had her due to this shit.

Then I found out she experiments on animals. Shame.

6. dylanredefined

dylanredefined Not a house elf a tiger

What has imperialism got to do with this? Wasn't this the army and the military of Argentina fucking over it own citizens or am I missing something? Tbh I'm surprised they didn't beat the babies to death for being commies it seemed the slightest excuse could get you disappeared.:mad: Horrible times.

7. purenarcotic

purenarcotic Conveniently Pocket Sized

Fucking hell, awful. :(

8. butchersapron

What did my post say?

9. Belushi

Belushi 01 811 8055 R.I.P.

So what's the vermin looking at? Not torture, rape and then getting kicked out of a helicopter over the ocean I suspect.

10. butchersapron

50 years. Which will probably be spent as a tip-notch military hospital.

11. dylanredefined

Unfortunately not as a guinea pig.

Still don't understand the ''Anti imperalism fuck you'' has got to do with anything.Not having a go generally puzzled.

12. Fuchs66

Fuchs66 Ring a ding

Almost as bad as under-cover cops stealing left wing babes. ;)

13. butchersapron

My point there - and i was angry and probably shouldn't have included it - was to tell the idiots who wanted a Junta victory in the falklands war on the basis of anti-imperialism that this is what they were objectively supporting - and by extension criticising some of the same arguments being put forward today on here as regards other situations.

14. dylanredefined

Ah right. Should have realized that. One of the officers wanted for crimes during the dirty war did become a POW ,but,after discussions we didn't hand him over to sweden due to Geneva convention.

15. Casually Red

Casually Red tomorrow belongs to me

by that inane kind of logic we should be lamenting the fact Stalins troops overcame the Finns, Italians and Romanians which were esconced on Russian territory . Otherwise one plainly supports Gulags, mass executions, Katyn forest etc.

An awful pile of oul bollocks your after coming out with there. Nobody with a brain in their head would accuse you, by extension, of objectively supporting Thatcherite policies and all the rest simply because you supported the Brits in their war with Argentina. The irony of you flinging the idiot accusation about in the middle of all that rubbish makes me want to do a theatrical swoon.

LiamO likes this.
  16. butchersapron

What do you mean by my logic? Explicitly and exactly please.

Can you, with your big-boy brain on, think of a political position that didn't involve supporting either thatcher or the junta? I can. Now, we know that your support the junta logic involves - however critically - supporting the stuff in the OP - it has to. Mine doesn't.

Support this for evermore is in fact, your logic. Rancid nationalism , rancid vicarious nationalism at other babies expense.

17. Casually Red

[quote="butchersapron, post: 11433328, member:
    My point there - and i was angry and probably shouldn't have included it - was to tell the idiots who wanted a Junta victory in the falklands war on the basis of anti-imperialism that this is what they were objectively supporting -

That logic. Your fucking logic.
    Have you fucking alzheimers now as well ?

ah, a wee ideological tantrum . Grow the fuck up .

18. butchersapron

I said tell me exactly - not don't tell me at all.

Have another crack killer.

19. Casually Red

jump through your own fucking hoops

20. butchersapron

You sound like someone who can't defend your politics with words never mind some sort of weapon.

21. discokermit

discokermit Well-Known Member

22. Casually Red

no im just someone whos knows from experience my exchanges with yourself are without fail predictable , boring and always end up exactly the same. With you calling me a murderer , spouting some inane anarchist ideological position while being repeatedly cryptic because you think it makes you sound clever . And me just getting more pissed off while it descends into all that handbags bollocks.

Ive already stated your point was a load of bollocks and why it is. You disagree...well ...so what.

23. butchersapron

You haven't done the why it is bit - well, you tried to, but you managed to reply to a position that wasn't mine. Because that's the only postion your dim-witted anti-imperialism knows how to reply to.

I challenge you to a dual by pointy clock.

dennisr likes this.
  24. copliker

copliker ...

Alfredo Astiz. Responsible for Swedish 17 year old Dagmar Hagelin's murder amongst (many many) other things.

According to Iain Guest's book, he sent a telegram congratulating Thatcher on the 1979 election.

25. ayatollah

ayatollah Well-Known Member

I remember having a bit of a heated "debate" with SWP and ex SWP comrades at the time of the Falklands/Malvinas "war" (I was in prison at the time so the "debate" was a bit difficult to carry on by letter , using euphemistic lingo to fool the prison letter reading screws). I was actually perfectly happy for the Brits to get involved in a barny with a fascist junta - on the basis that I'd always support a Bourgeois Democratic Capitalist Regime against a Military Fascist Capitalist Junta which was actively murdering thousands of Lefties and trades unionists every year (chucking lots of em alive out of planes, with concrete blocks chained to their legs, into the Atlantic ... ), and the conflict might lead to the fall of the regime. My Leftie , "anti Imperialist" chums all assured me that it was "Fucking Fatcher" that was the "Real Fascist " !. Hmmmm I don't fink so comrades.

Nicking babies from Left Wingers has always been a big thing in fascist (usually Catholic) regimes. It went on big time for 50 years in Francoist Spain, and in Chile under Pinochet. And of course the Nazis pinched many a blonde "Aryan" looking Polish baby , during WWII. Nasty stuff.

muscovyduck likes this.
  26. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie On a bit of break...

I wish I hadn't misread the title as Vileda - convicted of stealing left wing babies. They make mops, don't they?

27. copliker

copliker ...

Largest trial of 'Dirty War' crimes starts in Argentina

28. dylanredefined

I just can not get my head round what these people did.I know people are capable of horror ,but,these were their own citizens so its not like they could blame the reason they had to die on religion or race.:mad::(

29. likesfish

likesfish officaly hardest and most tooled up urbanite:)

There was some resistance "terrorism" against the junta .
    Imagine if the shankhill butchers had been given uniforms and a salary and let loose on anyone who was a communist.
    Definition of a communist.
    Trade unionist,not a raving tory goodbye the wets,teachers, local councillors, lawyers, journos, good looking women near torture centres anyone asking questions where there relative went etc etc :(

30. likesfish

likesfish officaly hardest and most tooled up urbanite:)

alfredo astiz shot and paralysed a 17 year old girl who had swedish citizenary by mistake she got dumped in the atlantic to cover up his mistake.
    attempted to persuade british helicopters to land in a minefield after having surrendered which is a bit naughty.

but the he was probably confused confronted with with an enemy who could shoot back.