1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Venues in London with 2 rooms!?

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by planetfun, Sep 10, 2017.

1. planetfun

planetfun New Member

Hey,

I'm looking to a put on a night of hardcore / makina / donk / general daft ravey stuff in London with another promoter in the Urban75 community.

Therefore does anybody have any recommendations of venues with two rooms!? Obviously the cheaper the better but as costs will be split we can afford to fork out some money for a venue. Capacity still doesn't need to be massive in either.

Originally I thought of Shelter Club, i'm still going to email them however think they may not like the idea of the harder variety of music we'll be playing, as I seem to think their preference is house/techno, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

bar 512 have 2 room. tbh I doubt any venue will be willing to give 2 rooms to an untested prospect though, as it is a pretty massive risk for them. they would be more likely to give you 1 small room then see how it goes after the first few nights.

3. planetfun

planetfun New Member

Do you mean the room where the bar is as you walk in? Or is there another one that I haven't seen!?

Also, I know where you're coming from; me and the other promoter are both currently trying to start up our own individual nights however collaboration is in mind as our styles would work well together. I know it's a big ask in London to try and get something like this early on but we're both new to the game and just trying to get our feelers out on logistics.

Thanks for your reply!

4. T-Chances in Tottenham.

5. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

there's also a smaller basement room in bar 512.

6. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

If you use both rooms that has got to be like 7-800 capacity.

7. Really? I thought the bigger room was about 300 capacity and not sure about the smaller one but I've seen bigger pubs.

8. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

I'm probably slightly over estimating, but it's still waaaay too big for what they need (I suspect)

9. The big room is perhaps, the other one is tiny though. Anyway, it's reasonable rates as it's a community thing.

10. sealion

sealion If you can't dance just nod your head

Jamm bar Brixton
    Bussey buildng Peckham

DJWrongspeed likes this.
  11. drachir

drachir Well-Known Member

Avoid Shelter like the plague. The guy who runs the booking there is some mental Italian guy who's always coked off his face and about to kick off.

12. planetfun

planetfun New Member

Got a ladies number from Shelter Club. Still need to call her. Have you had bad experience?

13. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

New River Studios have a main room for about 100 people and a bar where you can have a dj... they might do it.

14. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

Stick to 1 room for your 1st night, it's not the 90s anymore.