Venue hire in Brixton – full listing of spaces for private parties, events, birthdays etc

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Jan 2, 2014.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

We've had quite a few threads on this theme in the past, but I thought it might be an idea to put together a useful listing.

I've posted up a fairly comprehensive listing here - Venue hire in Brixton – listing of spaces for private parties, events, birthdays etc - but given the fact that it's only the day after NYE, I know I must have missed out some obvious ones.

So, I'd appreciate folks here adding in some of the ones I've missed, if possible. Ta!

Winot likes this.
  2. Winot

Winot I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint

Smick likes this.
  3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

4. Winot

Winot I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint

Oops!

editor likes this.
  5. Smick

Smick Strictly Second Class

My daughter went to a 5 year old's birthday party at Studio B on Brixton Hill. I have to say, it is a good setup for kids' parties.

6. OvalhouseDB

OvalhouseDB Well-Known Member

C.A.F.E under the arches on Coldharbour Lane just before Loughborough Junction does event hire, and can do carnival arts children's parties, I think. https://www.facebook.com/sunshineiarts
    Whirled Cinema does children's party hire.

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Cheers for the update but I think I need some sort of info page before I can give it a full listing. I'll add this thread to the piece though.

8. RayCAFE

RayCAFE New Member

Hi, more info to come soon on our space at Loughborough Junction , C.A.F.E
    We are now re working our webpage
    Workshops page, meeting room, rehearsal rooms , parties and dinners

9. RayCAFE

RayCAFE New Member

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

11. steeeve

steeeve Well-Known Member

You can reserve the back room at Elm Park Tavern for a minimum spend of £200

12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Cheers for the updates - I'm adding them to the page.

13. RayCAFE

RayCAFE New Member

Yes I remember you , pop in for a coffee on you way to an event,our space offer low cost to community from £10 an Hr or £55 a day , our launch of this year events from the 26 Feb ...Ray :)

14. shygirl

shygirl Well-Known Member

The Karibou Centre (used to be called Abeng) on Gresham Road, next to the Mosque. Parties, weddings, funerals, meetings, workshops, etc.

15. dtb

dtb > On A Trip Jam

any new venues opened up suitable for an underground club night?

16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

No chance. Brixton is turning into a West End-style sanitised chain club experience.

17. Rushy

Rushy AKA some / certain posters

Sounds odd I know but have a look at the basement beneath the vegan restaurant in Tulse Hill parade. They have gigs in there

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  18. sparkybird

sparkybird ask the bird...

The only problem is that when I went to look at it for a party was that you have to walk through the restaurant to get to the downstairs bit and it really ponged of deep fried food. But not in a good way
    The downstairs space was pretty cute though

19. Rushy

Horrible food.

20. discobastard

discobastard _____Ϯ_____

Friend of mine used to run a monthly Friday club night in the room under Courtesan. It's quite a decent space but doesn't get much use. Good for dark clubby stuff but no idea whether still available.

21. sparkybird

sparkybird ask the bird...

When it first opened the food was amazing, I used to go alot. Not sure what happened :(

22. Maharani

Maharani Just like Heaven

It's now some hipster pop up I believe. Didn't know about the down below though.

23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It's OK downstairs but it closes early.

24. Rushy

The last time we went you couldn't even get a decent salad! All pretend burgers, mock chicken wings, etc.. Was a while ago, mind you.

25. Blueturtle

Blueturtle New Member

Hi!

Adrian from Blue Turtle Oasis in Loughborough Junction here, we are doing hire for parties and more and stuff - check out Laughborough Lights 9th Feb 9pm-3am - here is the info link, let me know if you have any questions:

Whole Venue | Events | Laughborough Lights

Thanks

bimble likes this.
  26. Blueturtle

Blueturtle New Member

(That's the info link for the venue as a whole, not the part next week)