Urgent Advice needed: Possible eviction from non legitimate dwelling

Discussion in 'benefits and housing' started by DaRealSpoon, Jan 4, 2018.

1. existentialist

existentialist It could always be worse.

That's always nice, if possible.

2. keithy

keithy or queefy

It's not just nice, it is a good way to deal with aggro people as often they don't want to really be doing it but feel like no easy way to back dow

Almor and Poot like this.
  3. existentialist

existentialist It could always be worse.

That's exactly what I mean by "nice". But when you're being given shit by someone who's in a position of considerable power over you, and/or they're not interested in having civilised conversations, it can become something of an ideal-to-be-aspired to rather than something it's necessarily possible to achieve. I don't think the OP should be encouraged to feel that he's somehow failed in his task if he isn't able to get his landlord into a nice, reasonable, face-saving non-confrontational encounter.

4. keithy

keithy or queefy

The OP has already been taking this stance to the landlord's face so I was encouraging them to continue that if possible.

5. DaRealSpoon

DaRealSpoon Do not try and bend the spoon...

Ola Urbs,

So its been a bit hectic for us last few weeks.. We have begun a huge search for somewhere else to live, which hasn't been very successful thus far but we have a few promising leads.

As predicted we've had complete radio silence from landlord until a few days ago (a week before our supposed notice was up). He is obviously getting twitchy as we have made no efforts to leave that he can see.

Anywho, spoke to our lovely caseworker from the council today and she said its time to tell him his notice is completely invalid (but not what he needs to do to make it valid, haha). She has even given me her direct number so that if he disputes anything, I'm to call her and have her speak to him direct!

The council have been, frankly, brilliant throughout this process... Without them, and the support and advice of you lot, I would have snapped long ago and probably got myself into alot of trouble. We still have a mammoth task of finding somewhere... and moving... whilst working full time... and having a 6 month old whirlwind of human activity, but there is light in the tunnel and we have time, most importantly.

I'll be sending the message to him this eve so I'll let you know his response in due course.

6. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

Good luck!

DaRealSpoon likes this.
  7. beesonthewhatnow

beesonthewhatnow going deaf for a living

All the best mate, hope you can find somewhere soon :)

DaRealSpoon likes this.