Urban quoted on twitter

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by 1927, Mar 26, 2018.

1. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Just seen Urban quoted on twitter in reply to a photographers question over rights to photograph Cardiff building.

2. Pickman's model

Pickman's model One star in sight

3. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

U75 gets quoted a lot of places, and it's rarely the forums!

I did a search once on Reddit for Urban and found a load of links to urban...drugs info, protests rights etc. All sorts. One forum mention was funny, actually - someone complaining about anarchist forums and why he's never accepted in them. Apaprently all anarchists are wankers and he listed all the places he's either been ignored or shunned, and one was here. He didn't get a great reception on Reddit, either, IIRC.

muscovyduck, marty21, sealion and 4 others like this.
  4. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

Urban was mentioned on Newsnight once. Can’t remember what is was about exactly but the story wasnt about urban, but it did feature some lady in her flat was accessing a website and saying something while at her laptop along the lines of “... now what was the site? ah yes urban 75...”

Never did find out who she was.

5. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

When you work in a building that has bomb blast curtains and is a potential terrorist target you can be forgiven for being a little bit nervous.

Especially when:
    The building suffered shattered windows from a bomb blast in 67 (hence the curtains)
    Has been subject to protest graffiti numerous times (usually Welsh language activists)
    Was once sprayed with silage by an angry farmer.
    The lowest security level I've ever known it be at is Black Special (Two up from White).

Those are just the incidents I know of.

6. Vintage Paw

Vintage Paw dead stare and computer glare

Graffiti always makes me nervous...

wtf

Fez909 and editor like this.
  7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Exactly why would a camera make anyone nervous? All of the above is utterly irrelevant.

krtek a houby, muscovyduck and ddraig like this.
  8. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

You telling me that you've never disguised a poison tipped dart gun as a camera? Come on, we've all done it.

9. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Finally, after all these years we've truly arrived. When will it be my turn to sign autographs?

10. maomao

maomao 四月她爹

Isn't it sort of one of the points of the internet that bits of it refer to other bits?

Fez909 and Magnus McGinty like this.
  11. Vintage Paw

Yeah but when someone's referring to your bits it's an event!

farmerbarleymow likes this.
  12. toblerone3

toblerone3 Grrrrr

...but some people might feel a bit nervous about having their bits exposed.

13. Vintage Paw

They shouldn't put their bits out there then.

14. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

oh ffs :facepalm:
    taking pictures in public is legal, nervous about a camera! :rolleyes:

15. RoyReed

RoyReed Must fly!

This has happened to me so many times I've lost count.

The most unpleasant occasion was when I was taking photos near the Bank of England in the early '80s. A hand grabbed my collar and literally dragged me down an alley. It was a police sergeant who pushed me against a wall and proceeded to question me for about half an hour about what I was doing, why I was there, who I was working for. Cunt!

The most ridiculous was on a beach in Cornwall at Constantine Bay. It's about half a kilometre long and there were about 30 people left on the beach just before sunset. I was waiting with camera on tripod for the sun to just kiss the horizon when a lifeguard came up to me and told me I couldn't take photos on the beach. Cunt!

Every time it's happened and I've been in a public place I've carried on taking photos.

16. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

Urban75 2002 - The Sun believed a piss take about Squirrels!

Urban75 2018 - Blimey, we got a mention from some random on twitter!

17. keybored

keybored ㋛̶̶̵̙̜̝̖̝̭̎̀̔̌̕

:D

pogofish likes this.
  18. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

And another on a different topic!

editor

editor likes this.