1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urban Clubbing Club

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Fez909, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Fez909

Fez909 um...

An idea: Post up some interesting nights you're going to, or interested in going to, and the Urb massive go, err en masse. Handy for those times you've got nowt on, or looking for ideas, or looking for company when all your mates aren't interested in something you hoping to go to.

Any takers?

I've just bought tickets for Marcellus Pittman in Leeds if anyone fancies some Detroit action next month :cool:

Dimensions with Marcellus Pittman

If you're going out and you want some Urbz tagging along, post up your event here :thumbs:

Eggby, Cloo, 19sixtysix and 7 others like this.
  2. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Domination Snert

Ah, remember the days when there'd be a big meetup arranged through here before going on to some filthy rave most weeks? :)

I'll be interested to see if this takes off or if everyone is past it now!

Eggby, Maggot, isvicthere? and 8 others like this.
  3. twentythreedom

twentythreedom bilge pump

Nice one Fezzle :)

Weymouth on 1st October, me DJing at dnb/old skool night feat. Sub Zero. :thumbs::cool:

9 - 4 @ Retina

Come on then!

4. Fez909

Fez909 um...

Oi, this isn't a spam thread :mad: ;)

Sounds good but Manc meet up with the North crew that day. :thumbs:

twentythreedom likes this.
  5. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

Crossbones sound system reunion 24th september BO

DJWrongspeed and littleseb like this.
  6. beesonthewhatnow

beesonthewhatnow going deaf for a living

Havok 21st anniversary, 22nd October, Joshua Brooks, Manchester.

Tickets available here

7. littleseb

littleseb littleseb

ha, I might well be up for that!

8. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

it's at the old Bar 512/russian club too! on kingsland road.

9. littleseb

littleseb littleseb

perfect!

10. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

OOF

"DJS ON THE NIGHT

FIFTH ERA (DJ SET)
    FACE HOOVER
    KENNY KRAMP
    DEXORCIST
    RAVE ENFORCER
    LEON C"

ddraig likes this.
  11. littleseb

littleseb littleseb

yeah just saw that, might be worth getting tickets for that, only about 200 going....

12. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

I'm surprised there's that many, it's a pretty tiny place... i got a birthday party in walthamstow on tho so just seeing if it is feasible.

13. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

I think they're too hardcore to have tickets tho (and possible too hardcore to even end up doing the night, I hope not tho)

14. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

i'm off to that too - i think - tempted by the Orbit reunion on Saturday too.
    And there's Gerd Janson and Marcel Dettman and Marcel Fengler coming up
    basically everything here: Upcoming Events | The Wire Club - Leeds
    But best of all coming up is the next Acetate with Resom and Pearson Sound:
    Acetate #21

moody and Fez909 like this.
  15. Fez909

Fez909 um...

Nice one. See you there :)

Not sure about the Orbit re-union. The last one I went to was alright but a bit dead. Joey Beltram was on.

Listened to a few sets of Gemma Furbank and didn't much like them. You rate her? I don't know the others on the line up.

16. bi0boy

bi0boy Power User

I would have been well up for this thread in 1998.

17. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

I can't remember if I would have been up for it or not.

18. Fez909

Fez909 um...

It wouldn't have been needed in 1998 because we'd all be out anyway and you didn't have to plan nights out months in advance then.

This is perfect for older folk who needs to get the kids minded, buy those advanced saver train tickets, and order their chemicals from China and wait for the delivery :cool:

teuchter, marty21, wiskey and 2 others like this.
  19. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

I quite fancy going out to some techno night sometime soon. CBA with super-late nights anymore though...

20. excellent idea.

Some nights I'm planning to hit up.

Come Thru at Chunk this saturday. Hip hop/rnb/jersey club/bassline and god knows what else. They've got DJ Haram on bringing middle eastern ideas into danceable electronic music so well looking forward to that. Also Yamaneko who makes loads of grime instrumentals though I've been a bit out of touch with that.

Might also try and catch Scratcha DVA, Iglew, Timbah, Merouac at a night the following week. We'll have to see.

Trying to get a crew together to go to the next don't on the 8th of October, wonky and fucked up techno crew you know the score!

Really hope i can make it down :)

What else. Janus and Non night at Corsica on the 29th. Plex in November. Stingray the day after.

Anyone interested in any of these?

21. Been listening to their stuff, great take on the pcp gloom sound.

Hmm maybe... where is it?

22. Dexorcist is a fuckin' badman, i saw him play Cristian Vogel - Way of the Wyrd (you know the one on magnetic north, infra ep?) at 4:30 at a small warehouse party in sheffield and it made mush out of my brain.

23. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

Never let it be said urban doesn't cater for people in their 20s 30s 40s in need of a SOCIAL CLUB

24. Yeah, i mean I guess it fulfills a purpose but it's pretty bog standard hard techno - was gonna go in May or was it July but checked out some of the sets and I didn't really feel like going to wire for 6 hours of the same. I like to have my face taken off in interesting ways, too much of that singular locked down trance feeling can make things dull for me.

Fez909 likes this.
  25. Fez909

Fez909 um...

Tempted by Don't but I think the funds won't stretch that far... :(

dialectician likes this.
  26. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

The old Bar 512 in Dalston, now called something else, will find later.

Fifth Era is legendary

27. Yeah i might have to fuck it off if the letter from the dwp I received today is any indication.

Not missing plex though!

28. Tempted.

29. Leeds has loads of house nights but I always find house crowds to be so reserved and vibeless, even if the music is good...

Not a complaint, I just don't want to be looking to london or Manchester whenever I want to go out.

30. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

I went to Acetate in June and it was fucking awesome