Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban burning red hot -- compilation fun

Dirty Martini

gets what he cant want
belboid said:
well, i dont understand all this how its gonna be distributed malarkey, but I'm gam,e for a burning type thing. You still got me address Dirty, or shall I PM it again?
Still got it, I'll count you in :)

Distribution -- where would we be without factions, over-complication and coups d'etat? :D

Idaho

blah blah blah
Dirty Martini said:
I'm broadly with you. But. Everyone's going to have to put stamps of enough value to cover the possibility of their CDs going to the US, Norway and/or Slovenia (so far).
Simple. Those sending from such countries cover the cost by er... getting some UK stamps somehow... er..

Surely there is a way for a US poster to include a postal order or some such to cover the extra postage. It would mean that the pooler would have to faff about a bit more.

BigTom

why pool the actual cds centrally? surely the simplest would be to put all the names in a hat, draw one as a starter (and the final one), then draw one for that person to send to and so on with the final person drawn sending to the first one.. this would avoid possibilities of sending one to yourself.. then you would pm the adress each person is going to send to and they would post it off.. this would be cheaper (why pay for postage twice?) although it would leave the problem of someone never quite getting round to burning that cd..
if we want to send more than one cd, just repeat the process (or come up with something more complicated)..
?

Dirty Martini

gets what he cant want
Idaho said:
Simple. Those sending from such countries cover the cost by er... getting some UK stamps somehow... er..

Surely there is a way for a US poster to include a postal order or some such to cover the extra postage. It would mean that the pooler would have to faff about a bit more.
It's not just the posters from abroad who have to find UK stamps to send, or a postal order, but everyone else who has to provide for the possibility of their CDs going abroad -- if they're really unlucky, twice.

Let's make this really complicated :D

Idaho

blah blah blah
Because with pooling we would all get the CDs at the same time, wouldn't need to distribute our addresses, and wouldn't know who was sending it.

It'd be like christmas! But a secret scary christmas...

Idaho

blah blah blah
Dirty Martini said:
It's not just the posters from abroad who have to find UK stamps to send, or a postal order, but everyone else who has to provide for the possibility of their CDs going abroad -- if they're really unlucky, twice.

Let's make this really complicated :D
No no no... only those sending from abroad need cover the cost of CDs being sent back to them abroad. You only have ot cover your return post from the pool.

Dirty Martini

gets what he cant want
BigTom said:
why pool the actual cds centrally? surely the simplest would be to put all the names in a hat, draw one as a starter (and the final one), then draw one for that person to send to and so on with the final person drawn sending to the first one.. this would avoid possibilities of sending one to yourself.. then you would pm the adress each person is going to send to and they would post it off.. this would be cheaper (why pay for postage twice?) although it would leave the problem of someone never quite getting round to burning that cd..
if we want to send more than one cd, just repeat the process (or come up with something more complicated)..
?
That was the original idea. I'd even chosen the hat.

We'll each be sending two CDs (the same I suggest) and receiving two.

Dirty Martini

gets what he cant want
Idaho said:
No no no... only those sending from abroad need cover the cost of CDs being sent back to them abroad. You only have ot cover your return post from the pool.
Ah, I see. That'd work. Everyone'll still be paying twice, though. If they're fine with that, fine.

I like the idea of everyone getting their comps at the same time, though.

Kameron

Kamoceratops
I don't get it; I'm spending a lot of time doing that ATM, why doesn't it just work like SummerBurn? We all get two addresses; we send the CD where ever in the world the address we're given. I will put my foot down at sending it to anywhere "off planet" as the shipping costs get quite absurd but on planet earth it isn't going to cost more than a couple of quid (don't ship the jewel case). Central pooling sounds like a nightmare for who ever has to do that job and it means if anyone doesn't get there's it is his fault where as it is supposed to be no hassle and a community thing, everyone does their bit, their simple bit and the whole thing works.

Idaho

blah blah blah
You don't need permission for an idea!

I think I'll go and post-a-loaf - that's that idea bagsied. Noone else can drop the kids off at the pool without paying me a premium.

Dirty Martini

gets what he cant want
No piss and shit jokes on this thread till you've signed up, loud.

Are you man enough to do the burn?

Or are you all piss and wind?

:p

BigTom

yep, I can see it would be nice to all recieve at about the same time, but as was suggested earlier the names thing can be avoided, ok we are giving out our addresses but there is no reason why anyone has to know who has sent who what.. someone knowing they are sending a cd to birmingham will reduce the number of users they are sending to but unless they already know someone it'll be a bit of a hard working out job esp. if it is in london somewhere.
there is no reason at all why someone should know who has sent them the cd if that person doesn't want them to know, the only identifier would be the postmark and handwriting..

I dunno, it just seems like alot of work for you DM to pool them all(although I guess you could be rewarded by taking a copy of all the cds ;) )

Dirty Martini

gets what he cant want
BigTom said:
there is no reason at all why someone should know who has sent them the cd if that person doesn't want them to know, the only identifier would be the postmark and handwriting..

I dunno, it just seems like alot of work for you DM to pool them all(although I guess you could be rewarded by taking a copy of all the cds ;) )
There will be a couple of people who'll know posters from their addresses, I'm sure. I reckon it would be more fun to not know who's sent you what.

I wouldn't be pooling them myself, if that's what we decide to do, cos I'm abroad.

Whatever is decided, it's really no hassle either way for anyone. It's the compilation's the challenge.

As for keeping a copy of all the CDs and knocking them out down the market, ask BMD 'bout that one :D

bmd

you left me standing here
Dirty Martini said:
As for keeping a copy of all the CDs and knocking them out down the market, ask BMD 'bout that one :D
You been bugging my phone? :mad: ;) :D

Idaho

blah blah blah
Dirty Martini said:
No, but I've got people watching the house. What was that loud bang at 4.32 this afternoon?
You didn't see nothing - got it? (leers menacingly)

So what comes next?

bmd

you left me standing here
Dirty Martini said:
No, but I've got people watching the house. What was that loud bang at 4.32 this afternoon?
Don't even joke about it, there was a loud bang about that time, I bet if I adjusted for Yorkshire time it'd be spot on. :D

Nob gag? Oh go on then.

Load of new recruits to the army are stood in the Dr's with nowt on, lined up, the Dr walks down the line and stops at Jones. He lifts Jonseys massive knob up with his swagger stick and says "By jove Jones I bet thats been in a few nests what what?"

Jones salutes and says "Yes sir, it has indeed sir, but it's the first time it's been on a perch"

Boom tish.

Ithangyew.

Dirty Martini

gets what he cant want
That's a nob gag alright :D

As soon as you mentioned Jones, though, I couldn't get the Dad's Army fella out of my head. Not a pretty sight.