1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ups an downs...

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Dulwich Mishi, Apr 24, 2017.

1. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Member

The league constitutions are usually drawn up in mid-May I believe so should know the 24 Ryman Prem sides within the next two weeks

Pink Panther, B.I.G and editor like this.
  2. JTee

JTee Well-Known Member

Hampton & Richmond, last year's champions, are in the national south play offs tonight - despite finishing 7th in the league!

East Thurrock finished a respectable 13th.

Maybe the step up isn't that big - saying that - I have no idea how many players changed between the seasons but Sam Higgins, last year's top scorer, only had 13 appearances for East Thurrock this season.

3. Jamie Wyatt

Jamie Wyatt Well-Known Member

Should be quite close to this...

Non League Projections - 2017/2018

pompeydunc likes this.
  4. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Exactly same site. But all the facilities completely flattened and rebuilt, with an all-weather pitch. To be home to Dorking Wanderers, and headquarters for the Surrey Football Association, I believe.

Pink Panther likes this.
  5. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

Correct.

It may yet host Dorking FC as well. DWFC Reserves are not being allowed in the Combined Counties as they applied too late. In a totally unrelated turn of events it is rumoured Dorking FC may try to withdraw their resignation from the league.

I think the ground has drifted back by a season and they will be at Westhumble next season. Surrey Hills brewery, for my money one of the best mainstream brewers in the UK, are all but next door to that ground if anyone visits.

pompeydunc likes this.
  6. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

The four newly promoted sides finished 5th, 6th, 7th and 13th. Hampton being allowed into the play-offs in 7th place is ridiculous. It's totally unjust that Eastbourne, who finished 2nd by a couple of points behind champions Maidenhead, should have to play off against someone finishing outside the top five. If anyone in the four play-off places is ineligible for promotion the highest placed team should get a bye to the play-off final, which is what happened on previous occasions.

I wouldn't call Surrey Hills Brewery "mainstream". It's a microbrewery and their excellent beers are seldom seen beyond a small radius of their site:

Surrey Hills Brewery - Home of the famous Shere Drop

The Ranmore Ale is particularly good, and the Running Horse at Leatherhead shifted three casks in an afternoon when we played there last Autumn.

Noss likes this.
  7. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Word I've heard, admittedly 2nd hand, via a contact in the Essex Senior League is that they are expecting to welcome the 'O's down to their level due to bankruptcy.
    a) anyone know any different?
    b) if there's any truth in it, how would that affect the National League etc?

8. Dulwich Mishi

No, the most the O's would go down to is two divisions, as surely they would go down the administration/ten points deduction road first?
    If there was a brand new breakaway fans' club formed, while the current O's were still in existence they would, in all probability start in the Essex Senior League.
    If they went bust, and immediately re-formed as a 'continuation', they would probably start at Step Four, would be my guess.

But I think they will start in the National League, probably National division, possibly an outside chance of National League South.

9. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Should be ups and downs ;)

10. Dulwich Mishi

Quite right....as I always say@ I can spell, I just can't type! ;)

11. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

Harrow Borough have been reinstated back to the Ryman Premier. This due to team elsewhere requesting relegation and the cascade effect has benefited Harrow.

12. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

13. YTC

YTC Human Man

[​IMG]

17/18 Prem line up.

Blitzwalker likes this.
  14. Dulwich Mishi

Blimey...they're top already!
    Fancy our chances in the play-offs though.... ;)

15. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Great to have the Margate away trip back.

Anyone been to Brightlingsea?

16. Dulwich Mishi

Not been there, somewhere past Colchester I believe.

17. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Not been either. It's a bus/taxi ride from Alresford station, which is one stop beyond Wivenhoe on the Colchester-Clacton line. No doubt there will be engineering works in the Shenfield area when we're due to visit. Or we'll end up going there on a Tuesady evening:

Welcome to Brightlingsea Town Guide. Brightlingsea, Guide, Bloom, flowers, floral displays, anglia in bloom, anglian water, East Anglia, Colchester, Clacton, sailing, yachting, boat building, holidays, Restaurants, Public Houses, Clubs, Business Directory, free classified adds, free emails service

18. vornstyle76

vornstyle76 Vorn Chic Vorn Genre

19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Here's The Math (as they say on crappy TV shows):

20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

For a small port, it's got some sizeable black spots in its recent past:

21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Not to be confused with the lovely preserved Alresford station in Hants.

[​IMG]

Pink Panther likes this.
  22. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Which is on the lovely Watercress Line.

Pink Panther and vicarofsibley like this.
  23. vicarofsibley

vicarofsibley 80087355

Excellent day out, that ale train.

Pink Panther and Cyclodunc like this.
  24. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Wagner.

clog likes this.
  25. clog

clog have that you c

:D:D:D:D

B.I.G likes this.