1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unite for europe march, saturday 25/03/2017

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by isvicthere?, Mar 22, 2017.

1. chilango

chilango *shrugs*

Corrected for some of the more "enthusiastic remainers that I know.

2. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

The trouble with your last couple of posts is that these sort of unfounded and illogical accusations make zero contribution to any debate or discussion about Brexit and post Brexit. I was in a bar last week talking to some elderly bloke from Hull , a Tory through and through who came out with similar toss about Brown and Blair ,two people who I have little time for but at least let them be judged on what they did rather than rather than something made up. I can't stand Farage but again I would want to argue on the basis of facts rather than fiction.

coley and redsquirrel like this.
  3. The39thStep

Crime and unemployment were both lower in the 50s.

4. sihhi

sihhi John 3:30

I am interested in what aspect of the No campaign was a no darkies dog whistle campaign.

If I remember correctly both sides campaigned noticeably but not singularly on reducing immigration.
    YES believed FRONTEX and the EU was the way to go, NO believed in a UK approach.

emanymton and The39thStep like this.
  5. A380

A380 How do I change this 'custom title' thing then?

Yes, Reasoned argument with no dog whistle racism in the leave campaign:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

free spirit and Pickman's model like this.
  6. The39thStep

7. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

free spirit and A380 like this.
  8. gosub

gosub ~#

I think we had two keyboard monkeys that blew in that were parroting the lines of the official leave campaigns - they got short shift from all sides here. I didn't condone that campaign then, don't see why you'd think I would now.

It would be nice to actually talk about the things we actually did raise here.

9. stethoscope

stethoscope Well-Known Member

I wish we could mobilise as many people these days out onto the street to fight capitalism, or to attack Labour joining in with the Tories to sell off social housing and privatise public assets, y'know, rather than defending a neoliberal superstate.

10. FridgeMagnet

You're not seriously doing whataboutery here are you?

A380 likes this.
  11. The39thStep

Never been into folk myself but that's the first time I have seen anything on the speakers. So the campaigns aim is to go for a second referendum ( third if you count the original ) after A30 which presumably would require a government sympathetic to the idea of a further referendum?

12. FridgeMagnet

No?

A380 likes this.
  13. gosub

gosub ~#

coley likes this.
  14. A380

A380 How do I change this 'custom title' thing then?

I would never think you, or any other longtime poster would condone this. It was one tactic of the leave campaign though and that must not be airbrushed away. I read the argument from 39 steps as being that 'this sort of campaign never happened'. I was just reminding them that it did.

There is a rational Lexit argument, and I can see some merits in it, even if I don't support it. However, both sides need to acknowledge that some people voted out because they don't like foreigners... most leave voters aren't racists. But almost all racists voted leave.

15. The39thStep

Ok what is it?

16. gosub

gosub ~#

I'm not sure I count as Lexit crew, I favoured a business friendly gradual withdrawal (people need jobs.). But I'd willing conceed those points :some people voted out because they don't like foreigners, and that while most leave voters aren't racists, almost all racists voted out.

That,that element pretty much seized the campaign is more than unfortunate, as its leading to the most choppy form of Brexit and that's bad news. But what I'm not seeing from the remainers is an acceptance that not only were things far from a bed of roses we were well on the way to being fucked QMV coming in all over the shop where the EUrozone could dictate.. a 'democratically elected' Head of Commission that never even bothered with the UK... limited input to EUropean crises that would hurt us all the same....the writing was on the wall. A different campaign, and I think that would be clearer or rather I hope it would, as is even this at over 140 characters would probably garner TL;DR 's

coley and A380 like this.
  17. coley

coley Well-Known Member

Not wanting to spoil a decent thread, but wormtounge (clegg, if you like) was giving it large on QT earlier, this is the same twat who stood four square with the tories in delivering us the austerity regime!?
    If his party hadn't been wiped out and were still part of a Tory 'coalition' does any bugger doubt they would now be selling us the benefits of Brexit?
    Bastards.

oryx likes this.
  18. coley

coley Well-Known Member

Fuckin two faced twat.

19. coley

coley Well-Known Member

No keying on his motor?
    Buggerinell, must have been quite the 'passive' demonstration :p

20. coley

coley Well-Known Member

Very shortly, to be 'none of our business' :p

21. coley

coley Well-Known Member

SWP?
    Who are they?

22. redsquirrel

redsquirrel This Machine Kills Progressives

The lovely pro-EU Fortress Europe non dog whistle campaign.
    [​IMG]

Cameron on Turkey

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    emanymton, A380 and seventh bullet like this.
  23. The39thStep

24. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

What is the intention in saying this if not to suggest that all leave voters supported a racist position? I cannot see anything else to be gained from it. You can't both say it and not say it.

coley and Smokeandsteam like this.
  25. redsquirrel

redsquirrel This Machine Kills Progressives

Any calls for Corbyn to resign at this one?

26. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

someone needs to tell them not to worry and that our place in Eurovision is safe

The39thStep and A380 like this.
  27. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

You disagree with her point?

28. YouSir

YouSir Look out Laika, it's Earth.

To be fair it is one of the most pointless points a person can make. Much beloved by the right too, find any article about a protest or campaign and amongst the top comments will be rampant whataboutary. Just a bit superfluous to be honest.

29. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

No it isn't. It illustrates what people can be arsed to mobilise for and it's fucking depressing.

30. YouSir

YouSir Look out Laika, it's Earth.

So? What follows from that? Do you think it's a revelation to anyone on these boards that anti-capitalism protests aren't as big as they should be? Or that not enough people are involved in campaigning for social housing? It's a pointless point because it adds nothing beyond minor grumbling that's been offered a million times before.

A380 likes this.