1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ugo Ehiogu 1972-2017

Discussion in 'football' started by JTG, Apr 21, 2017.

1. JTG

JTG Angry about not being able to be an astronaut.

Very sad news this morning that Ugo Ehiogu has passed away after a cardiac arrest yesterday. He was 44 years old.

East London born, he started as a trainee at WBA before moving to Aston Villa (in the days when that was still an upwardly mobile thing to do), Middlesbrough, Leeds, Rangers and Sheffield United. Capped 15 times for England under 21, he only appeared four times for the senior side, England being blessed with centre backs around this time. Suspect he'd walk into the side now. He scored once for England in a 3-0 win over Spain at Villa Park in 2001.

Three League Cups - two with Villa and one with Boro. He worked with the England under 20s as a coach and had been Tottenham Hotspur's under 23 coach when he suffered a fatal heart attack at their training ground.

RIP

:(

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  2. JTG

His last tweet:

Fedayn, JimW, agricola and 8 others like this.
  3. 44. fucking hell

4. Ponyutd

Ponyutd Greebo likes this....r.i.p.

Saw this last night..lots of tweets from different football supporters wishing him all the best. Still a bit shocked this morning.

5. JTG

diond and SpookyFrank like this.
  6. High Voltage

High Voltage Bring on t'dancing girls & put t'champagne on ice

44 WHAT! :eek: how the fuck did that happen - these guys should be at the peak of physical fitness and if this can happen to them

I'm not much of a football person, but my thoughts go out to his family

7. Mr.Bishie

Mr.Bishie In solidarity with the people of Catalonia

Sad news. RIP

Pickman's model likes this.
  8. diond

diond Well-Known Member

Gutted. It's mental to think that this was a bloke who, as far as I know, was in great shape and didn't necessarily abuse his body, but is dead at 44. Yet you have the likes of Paul McGrath, Tony Adams, Kenny Sansom and Paul Gascoigne, to name but a few, all well documented in regards to their substance misuse yet are still around. Life's a bummer. RIP big man. I miss singing your name to the tune of D-I-S-C-O back in the days. :(

9. purenarcotic

purenarcotic Conveniently Pocket Sized

His poor kids, appears he was a sound bloke. RIP.

10. JTG

Last I heard Kenny Sansom was not a well man. Still battling his demons. The others fairly well documented.

Ugo ran a record label and presented radio shows after retiring and before taking up coaching.

agricola and diond like this.
  11. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

Sad news , 44 is no age at all :( he seemed pretty grounded . RIP.

agricola, diond and Pickman's model like this.
  12. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

Quite glad ta etc still around, very sad ue has passed away but don't counterpose people like ta or Paul Merson like they somehow should be in the grave.

Ponyutd, imposs1904 and Dr. Furface like this.
  13. starfish

starfish No dialogue. Just plot.

Was a decent centre half & a decent human, RIP.

14. diond

diond Well-Known Member

I can see why you've misinterpreted it that way, but life's a bummer was in reference to Ugo's untimely death considering his seemingly clean lifestyle only and was not referring to the others still being around. My point was I'm extremely amazed they are considering how they lived theirs. I went to see 'An Evening with Ray Parlour' last week. Amongst the numerous stories of drunken debauchery, he mentioned the biggest piss-head from his days at Arsenal was Steve Bould (which was odd to a non-Arsenal fan like me.) By the way, I didn't mention Merse - you may want to take off the sensitive gunner's hat and give it back to Wenger. ;)

15. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

Yeh. You didn't notice merse breaking down in tears over UE's death then

16. Stanley Edwards

Stanley Edwards Food please.

Only just seen this. Huge loss to English football. One of the few :(

R.I.P.

17. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

Immensely shocked and saddened to hear the news today. Ugo was one of the best defenders to play for Villa but more than that he was a lovely guy. RIP

diond likes this.
  18. diond

diond Well-Known Member

Yes I did. And so did I.

19. diond

diond Well-Known Member

'Love' this photo.:(
    [​IMG]

20. JasonFelcham

JasonFelcham Banned Banned

well whoop de fuck