1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U75 northern meet. June 23rd. Do you wanna camp?

Discussion in 'Midlands and the North' started by kalidarkone, Feb 2, 2018.

?

Who wants to camp on the weekend of June 23rd in Hebden Bridge?

1. Yes

71.4%
  2. No

28.6%
  1. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

Have you booked yet kalidarkone?
    I'm not planning on camping as I can drive home at the end of the night.
    I'm looking forward to seeing everyone though. I may come to the camp for breakfast on Sunday morning if the cooks are in any state to do any cooking.

2. Glitter

Glitter Goddess of rock!

I had the same impression as 5t3IIa. I wouldn’t worry about the pub crawl being curtailed - Hebden is tiny so any designated driver could leave the car at the campsite for the evening and get a taxi back for less than the price of a pint.

And at least three of us will be using public transport to get home so you won’t be alone on that score.

5t3IIa and Shirl like this.
  3. kalidarkone

kalidarkone Up to my knees in amniotic fluid

ANNOUNCEMENT :

I'm booking a pitch for myself and will do that this week.
    Originally I was going to book for everyone, however from past experience of people's plans changing I'm only prepared to take responsibility for myself and don't want to get into booking for other people who then don't turn up.

Might be helpful if people say here when they have booked?

4. Stig

Stig Bull in a china shop

Very sensible.

Which night(s) are you booking for? Because I like the sound of the camping part, but I suspect pubcrawl day will involve drunky taxi back to sleep, there won't be any time for chasing the goat. So I'm thinking about at least one extra day.

kalidarkone likes this.
  5. kalidarkone

I'm thinking 22nd, 23Rd, 24th. But I'm not expecting anyone to be around on the Friday, I just like to take my time! It will be great to see you Stig - it's been at least a decade!:eek:

6. Dovydaitis

Dovydaitis Official fishco fish groupie

I’m booking the Saturday night only as I’m busy the Friday night down this end.

:hmm: :D :oops:
    I’m afraid I won’t be in anything impressive this time just a bog standard twingo but I will have a space from Oxfordshire area if anyone wants it

mango5 likes this.
  7. kalidarkone

Apologies Dovydaitis thought you were a fella! I totally got you confused with Dessiato ......

Dovydaitis and mango5 like this.
  8. kebabking

kebabking Unfettered ambition

dessiato is the one who ironed his cock. You can tell him at a distance as he's accompanied by an ambulance at all times...

kalidarkone, Dovydaitis and dessiato like this.
  9. dessiato

dessiato Maholo e ke akua no kei la

I burned my cock with a hairdyier, I burned my leg while ironing on it.

kebabking and farmerbarleymow like this.
  10. farmerbarleymow

farmerbarleymow daft apeth

Do you know kebabking? He got up to no end of no good as a young whipersnapper.

11. kalidarkone

I have been calling the New Delight Inn for a couple of days now, but no answer and no answer machine:confused:. Anyone else called?

12. Dovydaitis

New delight fully booked. Back to the drawing board

13. kalidarkone

:(

14. kalidarkone

Dovydaitis likes this.
  15. Dovydaitis

I’ve just emailed these: Home

kalidarkone likes this.
  16. kalidarkone

Old Chamber camping replied to say their camping is OK for a campervan, but not for motorhomes or caravans as single track to the campsite. 50 % deposit required in advance to secure booking.

When Aarons farm get back to Dovydaitis we will need to make a decision quickly. I don't care were I go as long as it's not very far from Hebden and with all you lot camping!

17. kalidarkone

According to the booking calender for Aarons campsite there is no availability :(

18. kebabking

Is there some festival or event on that's causing everywhere to be booked solid?

Shirl ?

19. Dovydaitis

They’ve not got back to me so let’s go old chamber. Bloke at new delights did ask if I was part of a pennine trek

kalidarkone likes this.
  20. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

I've looked up that weekend and the Arts Festival starts on the 22nd. It's the biggest event on the Hebden calendar. The town will be heaving :(
    The Aarons camp site is up Cragg Vale so about 5 miles out of town. I've never stayed there so don't know what it's like.
    Is the New Delight site full?

21. farmerbarleymow

Can't you you camp in a random field instead? Shirl - you must know secluded spots where illicit campers won't get shot by an angry farmer.

22. kebabking

Is it worth choosing a new locus?

If Hebden is going to be rammed then this could all be a bit of a nightmare - and anyone needing a B&B or whatever is going to end up paying through the nose...

23. farmerbarleymow

Manchester then. You could set your tents up in Piccadilly Gardens. :thumbs:

24. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

I don't unfortunately. The farmers around here are mostly sheep and cattle farmers and they are very protective of their land. I've never seen any wild camping in these parts.

25. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

Manchester is definitely easier. Hebden does get full of tourists from around the end of May until mid September.

26. kalidarkone

Or the date. I'm unlikely to come to any event where I'm unable to camp, due to my budget. Also I was very much looking forward to Hebden Bridge .

However there is the old Chamber camping and before we abort this U75 mission could people wanting b&b check the situation out in terms of availability and cost?:)

27. Glitter

Glitter Goddess of rock!

Try Sowerby Bridge or Ripponden. There’s a campsite there.

28. farmerbarleymow

29. Glitter

Glitter Goddess of rock!