1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyson Fury Not Quite On The Comeback Trail

Discussion in 'general sports' started by Wilf, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Wilf

Wilf Well-Known Member

Fury fails to turn up to his doping hearing:
    Tyson Fury fails to turn up for crucial Ukad doping hearing in London
    Aside from his hideous social views and - well of course - whether he was actually guilty of steroid doping, it's a shame. Would have been good to see him in with Joshua or Wilder. His style isn't always a good watch, but he's rather good at frustrating powerful opponents. Good at finding a way to win.

2. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Even if I put to one side his abhorrent views, I take a very dim view of drug cheats in sports, especially combat sports. So I don't really give two shits if he never fights again, especially with the various excuses and games he has played in relation to various drug charges.

agricola and Spymaster like this.
  3. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Olly Murs is a cock

Fuck him, I hope he never fights again

elbows and Spymaster like this.
  4. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Bollocks to him.

twentythreedom likes this.
  5. twentythreedom

I see he called Anthony Joshua "boy" on twitter today.

Classy :facepalm:

The man's a cunt and a bully, fuck him

Spymaster likes this.
  6. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

I still recon we could clear all this up if you have a separate system for the dopers in sport, they compete openly with others who also use enhancements. If you get caught being doped up you get stripped of any medals or trophies and have to go win the drug/machine enabled ones instead. More sport=more advertising.

The only downside to it is that there is those who thirst for victory so much they'll ruin themselves and others. Like steroids and WWE fighters. Not sure how to prevent that bit of it.

7. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

So a compromise was reached and he is free to fight again once he gets licensed. I can't say I'm terribly impressed with the UK anti-doping authorities over the way this one played out, they came across as weak at some stages. But Im not that shocked, most anti-doping systems have flaws and there is always pressure when it comes to big name sportspeople.

Tyson Fury free to resume boxing career after compromise reached with Ukad

8. Wilf

Wilf Well-Known Member

... and there's no plausible defence to that after the furore caused by McGregor using the same term. He knew what he was doing.

Spymaster and twentythreedom like this.
  9. twentythreedom

He can't have been unaware of that. Double cunt.

Spymaster likes this.
  10. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Elephants think I’m cute #brap

Boxer in “broadly unpleasant person” surprise.

Eubank alarmed.