Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Two people shot in Somerleyton Road, Brixton, Weds 6th June 2018

editor

hiraethified
Shocking stuff. I must walked past around this time, but saw nothing.

Police were called at approximately 23:05hrs to reports of a firearm discharge in Somerleyton Road, Brixton, Lambeth.

Officers and London Ambulance Service attended the scene and found a 34-year-old female with gunshot injuries.

She was taken to a London hospital for treatment; her condition is not life-threatening or life changing.

A 16-year-old male with gunshot injuries subsequently attended a London hospital - his condition is not life-threatening or life changing.
Two people shot in Somerleyton Road, Brixton, Weds 6th June

Gleena

Sorry, I didn't see this and posted in the Brixton thread.

Three people shot, one boy critical, per the BBC.

I heard it from my house, although I thought it was fireworks.

luba

Sorry, I didn't see this and posted in the Brixton thread.

Three people shot, one boy critical, per the BBC.

I heard it from my house, although I thought it was fireworks.
Was in the garden having a cigarette and heard it but also thought it was fireworks.

Gramsci

Carlton Mansions was on border of the "Nu Brixton" and the estates.

Somerleyton always had stuff going on. I had thought it had calmed down with school being there.

With Somerleyton being a dead zone ,now due to Council getting rid of school and residents ,as they are going to regenerate it it's not surprising that this happens.

Somerleyton always was the border between Nu Brixton and the working class estates. The two Brixtons.

editor

hiraethified
Carlton Mansions was on border of the "Nu Brixton" and the estates.

Somerleyton always had stuff going on. I had thought it had calmed down with school being there.

With Somerleyton being a dead zone ,now due to Council getting rid of school and residents ,as they are going to regenerate it it's not surprising that this happens.

Somerleyton always was the border between Nu Brixton and the working class estates. The two Brixtons.
For a long time it was the only place I felt uncomfortable walking along at night and - as you say - it's got worse now that a new dead zone has been created on the corner with Coldharbour Lane...