Two die spraying graffiti at Barking

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by Monkeynuts, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Blagsta

Blagsta Minimum cage, maximum cage

So that's why you compare them? Because they cost money to put right? Right brainbox aincha? LOL! :D

Silly cunt.

2. Monkeynuts

Monkeynuts Hello sailor

I fail to discern any informed, consistent and logical base of thought to your postings.

Go on then, explain why people should be allowed to go tag trains. Please also explain why setting light to things is less valid, and explain where you think the line should be drawn.

Please also explain why you would weight the opinion of someone who likes to go and tag trains against that of someone who prefers trains not to be tagged, and you propose that such conflicting interests in society be reconciled.

Looking forward to it.

3. Blagsta

Stop building straw men.

If you can find where I said it was OK to tag trains, feel free to quote me, eh?

4. Monkeynuts

Monkeynuts Hello sailor

Cop out.

Do you think it is OK to tag trains?

5. Blagsta

No, its not a cop out. You have attributed an opinion to me that I have not stated.

No, I don't really think its OK to tag trains. However, I do understand the culture and motivations behind it.

6. Monkeynuts

Monkeynuts Hello sailor

Well, I see no point in continuing the argument in that case, because it is pretty unsubstantial.

I don't think it is OK to tag trains either. Please excuse me considering it criminal damage and mentally making a link between it and other forms of criminal damage (without considering it equivalent to arson), and I will be more than happy to accept that there are "culture and motivations behind it".

7. Blagsta

You seem incapable of thinking of anything in other than strict black and white terms. You also seem incapable of critical thinking, so yes, its fairly pointless.

8. pk

pk drink flounce rinse repeat

A well painted colourful train is much nicer to look at than some filthy unwashed silver carriage.

9. laptop

laptop Freudenschade

Anway... even if tagging trains were as bad as a Very Bad Thing, and even granted that running away from security onto the tracks is very stupid...

Does that mean that it's OK for LUL to ignore the procedures laid down for the eventuality that there are people (however bad, however stupid) on the tracks?

Thereby causing grief to the driver, the widow, the child...

10. Monkeynuts

Monkeynuts Hello sailor

No, its just looking too far down the chain of events that lead to the tragedy, in my opinion.

11. Monkeynuts

Monkeynuts Hello sailor

Not really. It is a binary decision, right or wrong, OK or not OK. It is not, in my opinion, an area for ambiguity.

There may be mitigating factors etc but once it falls either side of the line it is a question of degree - i.e. how wrong.

12. exosculate

exosculate a stagger with a beat

People will be comparing speeding tickets to murder next, strange days.

13. BadlyDrawnGirl

BadlyDrawnGirl Piano Tuna

Both equally heinous crimes in the eyes of the law and punishable by flogging, castration and hanging. :mad:
    ;)

14. Monkeynuts

Monkeynuts Hello sailor

Have you just rolled up wearing big shoes in a car full of foam with the doors falling off?

What do you not get? Do you understand what "compare" means? That it implies a value judgement and is different from "equate"?

15. Monkeynuts

Monkeynuts Hello sailor

16. Paulie Tandoori

Paulie Tandoori shut it you egg!

Oh do fuck off, there's a good boy :rolleyes:

17. Aldebaran

Aldebaran TheMadArab.IslamicFascist

Yet in every normal system any normal judge shall come to a very different appreciation of the act of crime.
    Or do you suggest the criminal act of arsony to be undoubtably and fully competitive with the criminal act spraying paint on a public property?

salaam.

18. nosos

nosos Well-Known Member

You rarely get people openly proclaiming that they think in incredibly simplistic terms. It's quite refreshing. :)

19. Blagsta

Oh to live in such a simple world as you!

Meanwhile, back in reality...

20. Monkeynuts

Monkeynuts Hello sailor

Oh to quote so selectively...

21. Monkeynuts

Monkeynuts Hello sailor

Oh here we go... Attack of the Fucking Simpletons. It's like a fucking Zombie film, they all come at once.

Could that be why they are separate sections of the criminal code?:rolleyes:

Note the "criminal", which is all I'm really saying.

And to think you're accusing me of simplistic thinking...

22. Blagsta

Oh come on! You're expressing a completely simple minded view of the world.

23. likesfish

likesfish an angry pretend soldier shooting at seagulls

tagging trains is stupid and the "culture" consists of at most a couple of hundred lads max who really ought to find something better to do :(.
    no I don't think some tag added to a train really adds anything

24. Monkeynuts

Monkeynuts Hello sailor

In what way?

All I'm saying is

a) I think tagging is wrong and agree it constitutes criminal damage
    b) but also concede it is a good way down the scale in terms of seriousness

It's not that controversial. I just don't think tagging is "right", or "neither right nor wrong" or "right and wrong" - when done on someone else's property.

25. Blagsta

Yeah, that's right. :rolleyes:

fucking moron

26. nosos

nosos Well-Known Member

What's fucking selective about it? You said: It is a binary decision, right or wrong, OK or not OK. It is not, in my opinion, an area for ambiguity. Your simplistic approach might very be justified (though clearly it's really fucking not) but denying that this attitude is simplistic is fucking absurd. :confused:

27. Blagsta

The real world is a little more complex than you suggest.

28. nosos

nosos Well-Known Member

So it's wrong but not as wrong as other wrongs? :p

29. Monkeynuts

Monkeynuts Hello sailor

Erm... that's why I said "There may be mitigating factors etc but once it falls either side of the line it is a question of degree - i.e. how wrong":confused:

30. nosos

nosos Well-Known Member

What the fuck is ambiguity then? :confused:

More to the point can we go back to why it's wrong?