Two die spraying graffiti at Barking

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by Monkeynuts, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Monkeynuts

Monkeynuts Hello sailor

2. dlx1

dlx1 Well-Known Member

So BTP cased them down the line and killed them. :rolleyes:

3. maes

maes hello i was gone and now am somewhat back

I was stuck on the district line for an hour or so last night as the whole thing shut down. Guess this is why. That fucking sucks.

4. editor

editor hiraethified

It's a tragedy that two lives should be lost this way. I feel sorry for the victim's families, because it's such a waste.

But you really can't blame the BTP for their deaths, can you?

Railways are fucking dangerous places and people shouldn't be farting about around the tracks, especially at night.

And how do you think the driver feels today? He's just killed two people through no fault of his own.

5. Monkeynuts

Monkeynuts Hello sailor

Erm... no

6. dlx1

dlx1 Well-Known Member

Yes.

BTP cased them out of the yard on to a live line were tubes were running. Could have stop the tube trains at Barking east so no movement of traffice.

or nicked them when there climing out of the yard on street leve.

What they were doing was woung but don't think they should have payed with there lifes.

:(

7. detective-boy

detective-boy Banned Banned

Er ... how about:

So BTP officers turned up and (quite lawfully) wanted to question them about an alleged offence of criminal damage and they chose to run away down the line instead of co-operating.

Why do you not think that people should be held accountable for their own actions. They chose to (a) commit an offence and (b) run away. The fact that they were killed is their fault and their fault alone.

It is tragic, but do not even try and blame it on anyone else.

Cunt.

8. detective-boy

thedyslexic1 cunt would doubtless claim it was ... if only he hadn't been driving the fucking train, knowing that graffitti artists may be about on the tracks at that time of night. Huh! Some people eh? No fucking consideration for others ... :mad:

9. exosculate

exosculate a stagger with a beat

How many people die each year putting up billboard adverts.

10. dlx1

dlx1 Well-Known Member

cunt that nice :rolleyes:

Never siad they should be nicked But could have question them after they have left the yard. That way not next to a live line in deanger of an officers or a lad getting killed.

Tthey going to run like rabbit

11. Radar

Radar Well-Known Member

Dunno, are billboard posters thick enough for example to leg it onto live tracks at night in order to avoid a parking picket ??

Bit like the burgler who attempts to leg it from capture by swimming the Thames. If you rate your own life that lowly that you are repeatedly willing to risk your own life in order to buck a minor offence, its bound to happen eventually.

I wasn't schooled in a UK urban environment so never seen this myself, but don't schools situated near tube/railway lines get regular track safety visits by the BTP ??

12. detective-boy

It may not be nice, but it is accurate (in my opinion, obviously)

Defecting the blame for something like this from those responsible to those doing their job in a perfectly reasonable manner (so far as is apparent from the reports so far) is cuntish.

You did that.

QED you are a cunt.

13. exosculate

It was referring to the stupid public realm as canvas bit in the OP. The advertising boards are equally public realm and in your face. they are just legitimate grafitti.

14. treefrog

treefrog Tauiwi

FFS they weren't little kids, they were adults and prefectly capable of understanding the danger that running along an underground track involved. It's all very sad but to suggest that the BTP are responsible because they tried to stop 4 men (men, not boys) from vandalising trains is absurd.

Tragic though :(

15. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

dyslexic, i think you're wrong about btp - they have a no chase policy as far as i know.

sadly it can take AGES for the power to be cut off on the tube.

16. dlx1

dlx1 Well-Known Member

shurly BTP would have been happier to have arrest them, then have to report to next of kin!
    Could have arrest out of the yard

This not the 1st Death at Barking

17. DarthSydodyas

DarthSydodyas rusting

trains and the train areas around barking are littered with shite grafitti. I have NO sympathy for these tosspots.

18. dlx1

dlx1 Well-Known Member

good greef have you never done any thing stupid in your life

19. exosculate

I have sympathy for anyone who dies tragically. But I have to agree the quality of grafitti leaves alot to be desired in many places.

20. DJ Squelch

DJ Squelch King Of Insides

Theres at least one graffiti related death in london each year. Its a danger thats part of doing it and part of the excitement, its still sad when someone gets killed. There were at least 3 people killed in 2 years on the same line when I was doing it. I tripped over near live rails or nearly got crushed by moving trains on numerous occasions. Quite scary to think how reckless i was back then.
    They were probably chased by security rather than BTP. BTP stopped chasing people over lines back in 87 after they got a lot of stick chasing someone in Neasden who got electrocuted. Although they do still raid yards but only if they can trap people between rows of trains.

21. DarthSydodyas

DarthSydodyas rusting

nope. i'm a choir boy. :rolleyes:

22. Ribbit

Ribbit New Member

Well said. Good riddance. Shame the other two didn't get killed too. I feel for the driver, as it'd've been better if the live rail had killed them. They'd have felt that as well. Wankers.

23. DJ Squelch

DJ Squelch King Of Insides

Makes sense. Have you tried councelling to get over your anger problems?

24. detective-boy

Bookmarks thread for when someone gets into a depot and sticks a bomb under a train and it turns out that BTP say someone hanging around but didn't want to shout or anything because that might scare them and they might run off and hurt themselves ...

Fucking ridiculous. :rolleyes: There can never be a no-chase "policy". Every case must be treated on it's merits and if there is a possibility there is something else going on then attempts must be made to intervene.

25. gentlegreen

gentlegreen Bulla liberali in perpetuum.

There's stupid, and there's fecking moronic. :p

Darwin rules OK ?

26. JHE

JHE .

It's extraordinary how much nasty nonsense this unfortunate incident has provoked.

Trying to blame Plod is ludicrous rubbish from the ACAB gang.

DarthSydodyas' reaction is pretty galling too. "I have NO sympathy for these tosspots." They were idiots, not bastards. How about sympathy for their relatives and friends and the driver?

Ribbit is even worse: "Good riddance. Shame the other two didn't get killed too." If you wish death on graffiti-spraying idiots, I hate to think what you wish on burglars or thugs.

27. dlx1

dlx1 Well-Known Member

Well they would call BTP, They call ant territory police of suppression bomb

Anrt the the heat seeking cameras or infer red there to catch bomber or Vandles.

can line power be turn off from one station to next ?

28. Monkeynuts

Monkeynuts Hello sailor

Nothing stupid about it. There was a lengthy and quite tedious discussion about whether tagging was or was not art. I have just put both facets in so it doesn't start up again. At the same time it is a sardonic reference that makes my own feelings on the matter clear.

So to add to the expense of cleaning it off we now have this sort of totally senseless waste of life. And for what?

Their parents will be distraught. Most people never get over the death of a child.

29. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

no its done in sections i think.

30. JHE

JHE .

[​IMG]

"You got the suppression bomb, Ant?"