TV host Colbert destroys Jeff Sessions for using the Bible to justify ripping families apart

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by editor, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Toast Rider

Toast Rider Banned Banned

Then I'm happy to clarify in case Jeff Sessions is watching:

I do not condone the murder or immolation of President Donald J Trump.

CRI likes this.
  2. krtek a houby

krtek a houby how's it going to end?

:D

3. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

How do you feel about suicide or self-immolation?

(well, there's the SS at my door now.)

CRI and a_chap like this.
  4. Toast Rider

Can't say I was planning on it!

CRI and Yuwipi Woman like this.
  5. Yuwipi Woman

His, not your own! :D

CRI and krtek a houby like this.
  6. Toast Rider

I know ;)

But of course, again, I cannot condone anyone murdering/immolating President Donald J Trump - and that includes Donald Judas Trump :D

CRI likes this.
  7. Don Troooomp

Don Troooomp Condescension and embedded self importance

... but I wouldn't cry if someone did it.

You forgot to type the last line :D

CRI likes this.
  8. NoXion

NoXion Eat leaden death, demon...

9. Toast Rider

So they proposed a bill they know won't pass and then risk their reputation by saying they won't support it anyway

10. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

This fucker - I thought I couldn't hate this fucker more than I do, but now I do.

Illinois governor profits off ICE detention center contracts

He's adored in my hometown though. They just love it when he comes to town. This will probably just make them adore him more. :mad:

11. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

This story cropped up yet where you are Yuwipi Woman ?

Ex-Nebraska Rep. Ashford says Russian agents hacked emails

12. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Stumbled across this - more recent US policy of separating children of colour from their parents and interning them, for political reasons. This was just the year before I was born.

Hidden Herstory: The Leesburg Stockade Girls

upload_2018-7-15_19-40-5.png

13. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

I'm starting to see articles and posts about some of the children separated from their parents on arrival at the border and incarcerated separately being reunited with them, and they are fucking heartbreaking. You can see how these little kids have been absolutely traumatised by their experience, and may never recover fully from what has been done to them by US government policy. It is torture and I fucking hope that some day some one will be behind bars for it.

Here are two examples.

And surprise, surprise, I'm seeing comments from Trump regime supporting shit stains, saying that the reaction of these tiny kids to seeing their parents "proves" either that they were bad parents in the first place so the Government was right to take them away, or that they can't be their real parents because they'd be happy to see them. One arsehole I saw suggested both, contrasting this to children glad to see their "real" parents who've been away in the military. Stupid fucker, clearly doesn't know letters, emails, Skype and loving families and supporting communities help military kids cope with a parent's absence, but hey. :mad:

14. Yuwipi Woman

I know this might come as a shock to you all, but I do have a life separate from Urban. :D

No, I hadn't heard about it, but I try to stay away from screens on the weekends. I don't know if it was covered or not. A search of our local news pulls this up as the story of the day, but nothing about Brad Ashford:

Nazi hate speech invades Omaha Little Free Libraries

To be honest, I'm not surprised. Bacon is quite a bit like Trump. He's a nasty, prickly man, who wants to roll everything back socially to the 1950's. Hell, the 1950's weren't even the 1950's.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  15. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Whoops - sorry about that! And, it's even on the wrong thread. :D

The stuff emerging about the analytics data being nicked isn't an angle I'd thought about before, but this threat made me think how that would work.

Thread by @stealthygeek: "We learned today that 500,000 Americans had their voting information hacked and stolen by Russia, leading up to an "election" decided by few […]"

Nasty stuff with the libraries, but good at least that not everyone's happy about it. I genuinely wonder how high school Government class teachers actually do their jobs at the moment. Unless things have changed, they have to coach students so they pass the Constitution test in order to graduate. But since that's all gone out the window, well what do they do?

16. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

17. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Ralph Llama likes this.
  18. Ralph Llama

Ralph Llama ERROR 23 : DEFAULT MODE NETWORK COMPROMISED Banned

Apparently 229 parents with criminal records or affiliations are not receiving their children back.

CRI likes this.
  19. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Just a reminder that the children are still incarcerated, and some are still separated from their parents, even though the court deadline for reunion was yesterday.

Repulsed, but not surprised at all about this -

Immigrant Youth Shelters: “If You’re a Predator, It’s a Gold Mine” — ProPublica

20. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

A 6-Year-Old Girl Was Sexually Abused in an Immigrant-Detention Center

21. Ralph Llama

Noam Chomsky ,Thursday ,on www.democracynow.org, talking to Amy Goodman on the roots of the crisis.

CRI likes this.
  22. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

:mad:

Texas deputy sexually abused undocumented immigrant girl, 4, sheriff say

Ralph Llama likes this.
  23. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Migrant children, parents still separated after reunifications ask, 'What about me?'

WATCH LIVE: ICE, Border Patrol testify at Senate hearing on family separations

Ralph Llama likes this.
  24. Ralph Llama

CRI likes this.
  25. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

If Team Trump can't reunite border families, someone needs to go to jail | Will Bunch

Think he's being optimistic that anyone with any links to the GOP will hold those responsible to account, but he's right. People must do time for this policy and their part in it.

Ralph Llama likes this.
  26. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Ralph Llama likes this.
  27. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Virginia detention center strapped migrant children to chairs, report finds

Ralph Llama likes this.
  28. Ralph Llama

They are still separating children from their parents at the border !

John Carlos Frey: Deported Parents Say Trump Administration Is Still Separating Families at Border | Democracy Now!

29. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

30. Ralph Llama

All the corporate press ignoring that this is still happening !!!!!

^Top Journalism :mad:

Immigration | Democracy Now!

CRI likes this.