TV host Colbert destroys Jeff Sessions for using the Bible to justify ripping families apart

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by editor, Jun 15, 2018.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

America is getting more and more fucked up. Immigrants are told that their kids are going for a bath, and they never return.

Listen to this fucking cunt, Jeff Sessions:

2. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

Let's see what the rest of the bible has to say:

Ex. 20-21: You must not exploit or oppress a foreign resident, for you yourselves were foreigners in the land of Egypt.

Lev. 19:33: When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong.

Deut. 24:17: Do not deny justice to the foreigner or the fatherless, and do not take a widow's cloak as security.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    Maggot, Mab, Wookey and 15 others like this.
  3. petee

petee i'm spartacus

sessions is indeed a massive shit, and always has been.

there is a catholic-vs-evangelical subtext here that may not have reached the UK. colbert has presented himself in part as mr. media catholic (he sometimes engages guests in a "catholic throwdown").

4. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

There is religious resistance to this. It seems to be mostly evangelicals and other corporate captured religious elements that approve.

Sessions takes such joy in hurting people. Isn't that the very definition of "evil"?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  5. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Ridin' a Stutz Bearcat, Jim

It is for me yeah. There's a special nasty glimmer in the eyes of people like him who have found a magic bible-shaped shield proof against all the forces of reason and decency, and who know they can use it to bring practically limitless harm to those most vulnerable.

8ball, Libertad, campanula and 3 others like this.
  6. Don Troooomp

Don Troooomp I need an ice cream

This is utter cuntism at its very worst ... and totally in line with the utter cunts carrying it out.
    Imagine the parents wondering what these bastards have done with their kids, and the kids must in in a rare state, many very probably suffering life changing trauma because of that set of evil bastards and their ridiculous actions.
    It hardly matters what your opinion of illegal immigration is, you'd have to be a heartless twat to even consider this as a possibility.

Well done to all who highlight this pure fucking evil.

frogwoman and CRI like this.
  7. krtek a houby

krtek a houby Turnips - big! Swedes - small!

Horrific. And almost horrific is the party faithful who try and justify these actions. A whole generation of kids scarred because of these bastards.

Yuwipi Woman, CRI and Don Troooomp like this.
  8. Don Troooomp

And the lord sayeth, "Trump, Sessions, and the rest of his gang are fucking bastards".

CRI likes this.
  9. dessiato

dessiato Looking for my shopping trolley

I've tweeted that to the orange one. I don't suppose it'll make any difference at all, but you've got to try.

10. Edie

Edie Well-Known Member

Evil bastards

11. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Defense Contractors Cashing In On Immigrant Kids’ Detention

:mad:

Don Troooomp likes this.
  12. Ralph Llama

Ralph Llama ERROR 23 : DEFAULT MODE NETWORK COMPROMISED Banned

From Democracy Now!

Texas Children’s Detention Center Features Trump Mural, Quote

HeadlineJun 15, 2018

This all comes as new photos have emerged showing the inside of a former Walmart in Texas that’s been converted into a detention center for 1,500 migrant boys. The walls of the jail are lined with murals depicting American history and leaders, including one of President Trump with the caption—in both English and Spanish—reading, “Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.” The quote is from Trump’s book, “The Art of the Deal,” about his unsuccessful effort in the 1980s to drive tenants from rent-controlled apartments in order to tear down their buildings and replace them with a luxury high-rise.

[​IMG]

CRI likes this.
  13. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Folks on social media point out there are similar murals of past presidents with quotes, but I highly doubt any of them endorsed these, or support the policy that's led to all these children being incarcerated.

Also on social media, many are asking where the girls, younger children and babies are. So far, they're only allowing a few reporters into institutions for older boys, and it all looks very stage managed at that.

There are a couple of firms raking in mega bucks to provide "accommodation" and they look to be defense contractors and private prison providers. They're mass recruiting staff and not asking for any experience of working with children, let alone severely traumatised ones. A few staff who've left have said they don't have a clue what they are doing and they're operated more like animal shelters than children's homes. Then there are proposals for tent cities in Texas, where daytime temperatures can reach well over 40 degrees C.

Not only is this appalling from top to bottom, I'm wondering if this is a "trial balloon" for interning other people who Trump/GOP want "rid of." Some people are just ignoring what's happening so they can carry on with their happys. Some people are applauding it because they hate brown people and don't give a shit if their progeny suffer and die, genuinely.

There are significant campaigns to target politicians (not that the GOP ones will give a shit, and the Democrats can't do fart about this apart from complain), and targeting the companies profiting from this. We have to remember the US government has authorised internment of non-white people on an institutional scale before - so perhaps this shouldn't be surprising they're doing it now.

dessiato and Ralph Llama like this.
  14. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Immigrant children’s shelter considered for downtown Houston

How in Hell will they look after even the basic needs of babies and toddlers in a place like this? Even if you imaging say 1/5 of the kids will be pre school age, but can you imagine what it will sound like in a massive open plan building when they start wailing, because they'll be doing that a lot. Even Victorian orphanages were probably better set up than this will be. Fuck.

This guy's story, in response to some fuckwit Trump/GOP stan trying to make the concentration camps (let's call them what they are) seem pleasant, they'll all have stories like this. This is being done deliberately to these children. :mad:

15. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Separating Families And Calling It Christian Is An American Tradition | HuffPost

'There aren't enough white kids to go around' politician says

I need to stop saying to myself, "I can't believe this is happening," because it really isn't unbelievable. Some of the grandparents of people I went to school with were members of the KKK and some were involved in lynchings. I'm sure they considered themselves upstanding Christians and pillars of the community. Their descendants will put on their fancy clothes and pray in church tomorrow - not for the children and parents being treated like dog shit, but for Trump, who's hand is being guided by their God, so they say. If there is a Hell, it'll be wide open waiting for each and every one of those fuckers. :mad:

16. taffboy gwyrdd

taffboy gwyrdd Embrace the confusion!

Remember all the pizzagate frothers?

When it turned out that loads of real kids have been lost... not a fucking peep. Or with this story.

Imagined abuse by TEH LEFT is way worse than genuine abuse from the right.

I wonder how many “libertarians” are getting hard for this authoritarianism too.

Edward Kelly, Ralph Llama and CRI like this.
  17. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Yup. Well, but remember, black, brown and other non-white kids don't count, except on Sesame Street. :(

taffboy gwyrdd likes this.
  18. Infidel Castro

Infidel Castro Producto Falso

:thumbs:

CRI and spring-peeper like this.
  19. Lorca

Lorca Somebody after all, had to make a start

I think it's worth reiterating as well, the utter misery and sheer terror many of these poor people go through on the journey north. They often have to pay venal, untrustworthy smugglers their meagre savings and have to run the gauntlet of Cartel death squads who patrol the border regions on the Mexican side as they are increasingly moving into the lucrative market of people smuggling. If the smuggler doesn't pay the cartels, they take it out on the migrants. There are some truly, truly horrifying stories out there about what the cartels have done to migrants.Situation not really helped by right wing militias patrolling the US side of the border as well. Daily life is almost unbearable in many Central/South American countries and why? because of the drug trade and the corresponding, bullshit 'war on drugs.'
    A good book on this issue imo is 'The Beast' by Oscar Martinez.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  20. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Ridin' a Stutz Bearcat, Jim

Many simillar stories from those travelling across Europe from Africa, the middle east and central Asia. The crueller a border regime gets, the more opportunities there are for traffickers, who are probably the worst people on the planet, to extract profit from human lives.

Yuwipi Woman, taffboy gwyrdd and CRI like this.
  21. TomUS

TomUS non-resident

There has been some criticism of the Trump admin from the Cato Institute and Rand Paul but they haven't exactly been screaming bloody murder as would be expected. Evangelical Christians have been pretty quiet about all the "un-Christian" brutality and the whole anti big government Repub party kisses Trump's ass because of his high approval ratings among the Repub base. The whole bunch was never really anti big government, just anti-liberal (Obama and Clinton, even though they weren't very liberal).

CRI likes this.
  22. spring-peeper

spring-peeper Well-Known Member

23. Don Troooomp

What's the real story here?
    If she's really said this, and it isn't 'an error', I'l bet Trump is going fucking spare at her for contradicting him in public.

Melania Trump calls for child migrant action

Ralph Llama likes this.
  24. Ralph Llama

Ralph Llama ERROR 23 : DEFAULT MODE NETWORK COMPROMISED Banned

Republicans Draft Immigration Bill That Would End Family Separations | Democracy Now!
    So, i am guessing, they are presenting this bill as the solution to the stink they have just kicked up? :mad:

frogwoman likes this.
  25. YouSir

YouSir Look out Laika, it's Earth.

Melania Trump? She's just parroting him, saying their needs to be a solution from 'both sides', which perfectly echoes his use of the issue as a weapon to force Democrats to do what he wants despite the fact that he and he alone has caused the problem.

Don Troooomp likes this.
  26. TomUS

TomUS non-resident

Ralph Llama and CRI like this.
  27. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

This. Still backs his claim the Democrats are "responsible" for the policy he implemented (i.e. they've made me do it.). Some white feminists seem to have fallen for it though. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  28. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Dunno, I think they're still testing the waters. I'm still not seeing masses of GOP supporters being outraged about this. Mild consternation seems about as far as it goes.

29. 8ball

8ball Up to something

Sad to see that shitbait-syle thread titles are in fashion on Urban, but more saddened to find out that Jeff Sessions has not, in fact, been destroyed.

30. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member