Tulse Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Nanker Phelge, Oct 13, 2013.

1. editor

editor Walking along the lonely street of dreams

2. Ol Nick

Ol Nick beer in Brixton

Smick and editor like this.
  3. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

The bit about the narrow subway also doubling as a public path between two residential areas is news to me. I mean, ‘public path’ obviously implies one that is open to all and free to use.

Yet there are ticket barriers at the entrances, as per the norm at most train stations. So that this mean they always leave at least one set of barriers open at each end? Because otherwise one would need an Oyster card to go through.

4. gaijingirl

gaijingirl Well-Known Member

it doesn't double as a public pathway - I've seen loads of people be turned away who want to use it in that way.

T & P likes this.
  5. editor

6. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

Air ambulance landed in Brockwell Park by the Cressingham gate Saturday night. Resident was stabbed off of the estate, but managed to get back here before collapsing. :(

7. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Well, two or three days into the 13-month long roadworks, and there is already a regular all-day long almighty traffic jam on the Norwood Rd- South Circular junction. At some point on Wednesday morning some twat was literally honking for 30-seconds solid, with others joining the chorus also for extended periods of time.

They're going to have to work out how to minimise gridlocks in the middle of the junction, which appear pretty much inevitable with the current set up. I feel sorry for the poor fuckers living within earshot.

colacubes likes this.
  8. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

There's always a twat who thinks leaning on their horn will somehow magically cause traffic blockages to disappear. You think they'd use their eyes, and notice that there are fuck-off big parts of the road blocked off, and those mobile traffic lights in place, but no, they really don't appear to notice.

T & P likes this.
  9. Smick

Smick Strictly Second Class

Kids have been on half term this week. No school run traffic and lots of people taking time off work. It's going to get much worse next week.

10. discobastard

discobastard Well-Known Member

Belly-dancing and teenage punks are but just two of the acts on this weekend at Feast. Nobody knows how the roadworks are going to affect the event so please do show support if you can.

Sunday 2 June — West Norwood Feast

Nanker Phelge likes this.
  11. editor

If you're thinking of going to see the game tonight at the Railway, almost every seat has already been taken!

BusLanes likes this.
  12. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

After seven (?) floods in around 30 years, which have cumulatively devastated the lives of some local residents, the Chief Executive who was appointed just weeks before the two most recent floods, has now moved on:

Thames Water boss Steve Robertson steps down

13. editor

14. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I’ve been unable to get through on the phone to The Shout House for days including unanswered voicemail requests to call me back, and have also gone past the place a couple of times during opening hours when it should have been open, but wasn’t. Does anyone know if it might be temporarily closed, or was I just unlucky with my timing?

15. oldandjaded

oldandjaded Well-Known Member

Thay were open yesterday when I was having breakfast in Castelo.

T & P likes this.