Tulse Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Nanker Phelge, Oct 13, 2013.

1. 74drew

74drew Well-Known Member

didn't notice. The first time I noticed a gap was after a storm and there were loads of chaps looking agitated in Hi-Viz, in the rain. If there is a plan to reduce us to a Queens Road or South Bermondsey they're taking their time about it.

2. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

The
    Exactly why I don't give a shit for your point of view.

3. Nanker Phelge

Do you use this station much?

4. 74drew

74drew Well-Known Member

not as much since the new year, cyling more but at least a couple of times a week.

5. Nanker Phelge

Ok. They have been ripping it to bits for weeks. No natural disaster involved.

6. readie

readie Member

My first encounter with the guy outside the Co-Op came as I glanced at the near-carpet of betting slips, three smashed up paintings, and destroyed chair on the way into the shop. Unprompted and apropos of nothing, he made an extremely explicit sexual remark. So I would suggest that TulseBoy made a pretty accurate reading of his friendliness or lack thereof, and equally that it is perfectly reasonable to ask the question on a forum about local community happenings.

Perhaps, Nanker Phelge, you might be kind enough to let us in on the secret of what the guy is up to and how long he might plan to hang around. I can't say I'm feeling particularly comfortable about passing him now.

editor and T & P like this.
  7. Nanker Phelge

I don't think it's right of me to share his business here with strangers.

I think I could go as far to suggest that he probably isn't very well.

8. technical

technical stripey

Has anyone tried the Thai place - Siam niyom? Any good?

9. Nanker Phelge

I've never seen anyone other than the staff in there...

10. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

Digging into southern rail's twitter, big leaks were reported in the Tulse Hill platform canopies over winter and they said they were scheduled for repair.

Nanker Phelge and editor like this.
  11. nick

nick Pleomorphic Adenomas R us

Yes and yes

Tried a few weeks back and managed to get a Friday night table for 2 on spec - it was fairly full.
    Think it is popular and they are working out how to cope with that, service friendly but a little chaotic. thought food was good.
    Good luck to them

12. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

They've been doing weekend work on the rails either side of HH too - meant to be extending that to all night working next weekend as well.

13. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

It's fucking brilliant. Really, really good food.

14. Nanker Phelge

It's good news that they are making it work. Google reviews mostly good.

Will give it a go at some point.

15. technical

technical stripey

Went past on the bus early Friday evening and it seemed pretty busy - not sure i ever even saw the previous Thai incarnation there even open never mind full

16. gaijingirl

gaijingirl Well-Known Member

I went with gaijinboy just after it opened and it was really yummy - very good food and excellent service. Haven't had a chance to go back but I'd like to.

Smick likes this.
  17. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

10% discount for take away orders. Just saying.

gaijingirl likes this.
  18. Nanker Phelge

All the bad reviews are for the takeaways...

BusLanes likes this.
  19. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter Home is south London mate

Agreed. I'd suggest avoiding contact if possible.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  20. Cat Fan

Cat Fan Member

We got a takeaway from there last night and it was ace. Staff v. nice and friendly. Interior was lush, which made me almost wish I'd booked a table.

Given the location it's never going to be busy on weekdays, hardly any footfall. But hopefully they can get by on weekend trade and deliveries.

editor and T & P like this.
  21. gaijingirl

gaijingirl Well-Known Member

We went on a Tuesday night and it was full. I cycle past it on my way home every night and it's always at least half full.

22. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

Anyone know where there is a photo booth in Tulse Hill or Brixton open today?

None at sainsbury, Tesco, boots, Superdrug, Morley’s, train station, tube station.

23. Winot

Winot I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint

Not sure about a booth but there is a shop on Station Rd that we use for passport photos. You could try that.

Manter likes this.
  24. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

I don’t think so. Is this for passport/visa photos? We got caught out on a Sunday and ended up in Snappy Snaps in Camberwell. Which was less than ideal but the nearest place we could find.

Manter likes this.
  25. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

Yeah- kids ones you can’t do online. TN ended up in Clapham snappy snaps.... and J’s passport photo is in a hull city football kit with a slightly muddy quiff. The things that happen when I’m not supervising!

Brixton Hatter and colacubes like this.
  26. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

:D

27. oldandjaded

oldandjaded Well-Known Member

Post office at the other end of the high street has a booth .

28. Nanker Phelge

Had my hair cut in the new Barbers this morning. Roand (he said it was Roland without the L so I guess I am spelling it right and he said it means Eagle - hence the name of the shop) seems like a nice chap.

I had a no2 all over, including sideburns....£9

A good cut, a good price. Open daily until 8pm.

There are four barber chairs in there, but he is on his own for now.

Good luck to him.

Gramsci and gaijingirl like this.
  29. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

BusLanes likes this.
  30. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Firefighters in attendance outside the jerk chicken place by the bus stop. They have a ladder against the facade and are pointing torches and trying to look to the back of the row of flats above the shops. No smoke or smell of burning detected though.