Tulse Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Nanker Phelge, Oct 13, 2013.

1. gaijingirl

gaijingirl Well-Known Member

So I went into the new Halal butcher's shop. I don't eat meat so that's not much use to me but there's a really well stocked grocery section (4 kinds of tamarind! :D) with tons of spices/pulses - even a small east-Asian selection of foods. There's some interesting stuff in the freezer too. The young chaps working there are really friendly - had a lovely chat with them. They have free-range eggs too and some interesting fruit/veg. They said from next week they'll be doing frozen fresh fish too (they already have salted cod etc).

2. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

The large sign above the store front says that, among that other things, foodstuffs will be on sale that is Caribbean, Asian and european.

3. Smick

Smick Strictly Second Class

They have done a leaflet drop round my way, advertising their opening. I must go in and pick some stuff up. It’s good to support a new local business.

4. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

Is there any dinner in the co-op yet, or are they still suffering with delivery issues?

5. South East Girl

South East Girl New Member

Hi all. Does anyone know what The Shout House next to the Co-op is going to be? Have seen there is a launch party with live music on Saturday night.

6. gaijingirl

It's a hairdressers. Local mum who has already got a salon in Streatham is opening her second shop. Party should be a good'un.

7. gaijingirl

I had a sneak preview today and it's bloody gorgeous inside. She's made a massive effort getting loads of lovely reclaimed stuff and it looks amazing. Also it's huge!

8. oldandjaded

oldandjaded Active Member

Shamelessly stolen front s#it London.

Smick and Nanker Phelge like this.
  9. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

The car dealership building opposite the Tulse Hill Hotel has received its latest tenant yet. It is now a car wash.

It's amazing how many different companies have tried their luck then moved out of that site over the years, with large periods of vacancy in between. I can only imagine the owners of the freehold are unable to easily change the use and sell the plot to a developer, or they would have done so ages ago.

10. organicpanda

organicpanda cat herder extraodinaire

or it could be the amount they are asking for the plot is too high (seem to remember hearing somewhere he was asking £10m for it but can't remember if that's the correct figure)

11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Gordon Bennett!

Smick likes this.
  12. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

Went to a meeting of Lambeth for Europe tonight at the Salvation Army Hall in Norwood Road.
    This was an address and Q & A by Helen Hayes MP.

A bit depressing really. HH seemed to feel that all was not lost, Kier Starmer was very focused and competent. The House of Lords were well scrutinising the Bill, but not producing radical amendments in case of upsetting the Commons.

She was of the view that a second referendum may be required and may end up happening - however she also said that there was no general appetite for an anti-Brexit view - the Lib Dems had proved that in the general election last year.

There was a range of questions from the floor. One from a die-hard anti EU Tony Benn loyalist. I couldn't hear all the questions, but a couple seemed to be from people disappointed with the Labour leaderships anti EU stance.

Helen Hayes obviously did not get drawn into condemning her own party leadership - and I actually felt a bit let down by this meeting. It was more of a Helen Hayes progress report than anything else.

There did not seem to be any attempt to link into the council elections.

13. nick

nick Pleomorphic Adenomas R us

There's a consultation at the Tulse Hill practice (Hardel rise) at 10am on Saturday 14/4 about the proposed merger with Crowndale practice - just got a text about it

CH1 likes this.
  14. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

This seems to go on frequently in different parts of Lambeth. Maybe the answer is to get your GP onto the CCG - then they pick on another surgery!

15. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

Two Cressingham Gardens residents standing for Green Party in Tulse Hill ward.

16. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

17. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

Anyone use the Station today? How's the new timetable working out?

18. ringo

Train this morning left at the new time, on time, and was less busy than usual. BBC website reported lots of cancellations elsewhere on the new timetable though.

Nanker Phelge likes this.
  19. ringo

New crossing started by the looks :thumbs:

grosun and Crispy like this.
  20. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

Which direction were you going?

21. ringo

On time into town this morning and same back to Tulse Hill this evening.

Sent from my SM-T825 using Tapatalk

22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

23. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

A pair of women looking lost and confused outside KC supermarket yesterday asked me if I knew where the Tulse Hill Tavern was. I pointed across the road to the THH and said ‘that is it, or used to anyway’. I went into KC to do my shopping while they crossed the road to go into the THH. As I left the shop a couple of minutes later I saw them leaving the pub. Clearly not what they remembered/ were told about the place :D

Smick likes this.
  24. Cartoon Man

Cartoon Man Well-Known Member

Which shamelessly stole it from my mate Leo's Facebook feed. I was with him when he took it!

25. Cartoon Man

Cartoon Man Well-Known Member

Here's funny: Turns out the main sewer down the middle of Station Rise is blocked up with concrete and builders' rubble from when it was resurfaced last year. So they're going to have to dig it all up again to clear it.

26. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I want to shamelessly steal something now.

27. oldandjaded

oldandjaded Active Member

Coop?

28. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any update on health of local resident Catherine Smith, or the progress of the investigation into the attack on her on 27 July 2017. Is the perpetrator still at large?

MoMo27 likes this.
  29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Some Tunisian fans smashed a window at the Railway in Tulse Hill when England won :(

#sorelosers

30. alex_

alex_ Well-Known Member

Makes a nice change to the usual sort of violence after an england game

Alex