Tulse Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Nanker Phelge, Oct 13, 2013.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'm easily amused today.

Hoss and Maharani like this.
  2. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

I would like to thank you for your comments and the spirit in which they were offered.

This thread is now 252 pages long. Similar threads exist in relation to nearby local areas including West Norwood, Thornton Heath, Penge and Croydon.

When you read those threads (and this one) what makes you think that the people who live in those areas and post on these forums have any concern at all about the issues to which you draw attention? Do really you think that they have the slightest interest at all in these issues, other than to the extent to which they might be inconvenienced by by resulting traffic closures or diversions or the appearance of police 'appeal for witness' boards? If so, please share with us whatever it is that you see on those threads or, more pertinently this one, which leads you to that conclusion.

3. TrainInVain

TrainInVain Member

I’ve just caught up on the posts since mid November and it seems to be dominated by murders, hit and runs, pedestrians hating cyclists, cyclists hating motorists, poor water works, poorly attended curry nights (a shame, you should definitely do another one) and, worst of all, poor internet.

I think Station Rise looks nicer than it used to?

4. Smick

Smick Strictly Second Class

No.

5. clandestino

clandestino no llevar papel

Might the lack of proper discussion of these issues on this thread be because this thread is generally for chitter chatter and gossip and it's a sudden gear change to discuss very serious crime when you've just been nattering about pizza/the local pub, or whatever. I wonder if it might be an idea to start a serious crime thread, where these issues could be discussed properly?

editor and Nanker Phelge like this.
  6. TrainInVain

TrainInVain Member

Swapping tips, sharing strategies, etc

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Me too but those unprotected flower beds look like they'll either get stomped on, vandalised or run over by the cars that wedge into that tiny street.

8. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

Meet 82 year-old local resident, Catherine Smith …
    [​IMG]

... on Thursday 27 July 2017, she was out in her mobility scooter walking her dog in Palace Road Nature Gardens before she left the gardens and headed home to Lydhurst Avenue, arriving at about 13:00hrs.

A young woman was sitting on a wall outside her property. She approached Catherine Smith and said "where's Tracey" before repeatedly asking for money. Catherine Smith said she did not know a Tracey. The suspect then asked Catherine Smith if she could use her toilet, and Catherine Smith said no. As she tried to close the door to her home, the suspect forced the door open causing Catherine Smith to fall backwards and hit her head.

There was a struggle and the suspect proceeded to punch Catherine Smith numerous times. The suspect then grabbed the Catherine Smith's dog lead, wrapped it round her neck and started to strangle her before making off in an unknown direction.

Catherine Smith called for help and witnesses rushed to her aid, saw her covered in blood and called the police.

Catherine Smith was taken to a west London hospital with serious injuries. She has since been discharged.

The suspect is described as a black female, about 5ft 5ins, of slim build, with slick-backed black hair. She was wearing a khaki coloured coat with a zip, multi-coloured trainers and tights.

[​IMG]

To pass on information completely anonymously or to qualify for the reward, contact the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.​

Alternatively, anyone with information or any witnesses can also contact Lambeth CID on 07785774447, 101 or Tweet @MetCC.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2018
  9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Use a normal font please and put graphic images behind spoiler tags, like the FAQ requests. You will receive a warning if you keep on doing this as it's not fair on other users. I've edited your post.

Oh and I hope the scumbag responsible for inflicting violence on this poor woman gets caught swiftly.

10. TrainInVain

TrainInVain Member

Does anyone ‘in the know’ have any news on the White Hart?

11. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

There are people renting upstairs. That's about it.

12. Smick

Has the phone box outside IRA Court gone up recently? I think it’s new, but thought that phone boxes are a thing of the past.

13. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

14. Smick

15. Maharani

Maharani Just like Heaven

A new small beauty parlour opened by the bus stop to camberwell (68,468) and next to the coffee shop Creative Aroma ...they do threading and mani/pedis, waxing...loads of stuff. Really nice lady running it. Thought I’d post as she’s a bit hidden away behind the scaffolding and there isn’t a shop sign yet. Reasonably priced too.

The hairdressers next to coop will remain a hairdressers but slightly modernised.

16. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

There's no room for modern hair around here....

17. Maharani

Modern air

18. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

We don't want modern nuffink....

19. oldandjaded

oldandjaded Active Member

Totally misread mani/pedi waxing. Move along nothing but dyslexia in my eyes.

wurlycurly likes this.
  20. Maharani

Pray, do tell...

21. Maharani

Well, well, well...
    ACD9C634-A8A2-41BA-9057-D2541F449BC0.jpeg

Me76 likes this.
  22. Maharani

I’m glad...it doesn’t look like Tesco will be moving in...think that would have been a done deal by now.

23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Have you got a link for that? I'll give it a plug on Buzz because if it doesn't sell, it's going to be luxury flats ahoy. Crazy price, mind.

Maharani likes this.
  24. Maharani

I’ve asked the agent. I’ll post it here when she sends it over.

editor likes this.
  25. madolesance

madolesance Well-Known Member

'O2 Tulse Hill', just what the area needs with luxury hotel attached....

26. Maharani

27. Smick

How could anyone make money in a pub if they have paid £2.5m for it? On a 30 year loan the repayment would be at least £10k per month. And, based on the Crown and Sceptre, rates would be the same again. So £20k per month before you pay a penny in wages, insurance or take a penny for yourself. Probably £30k a month will be paid out. If you’be got a markup of £1.50 a drink, and I’m not sure if that is realistic, that’s 20,000 drinks a month to break even.

28. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

Rateable value only £31k so ~£1,300/month in rates.
    *checks VOA*

C&S is rated at £115k! That's outrageous.

EDIT: Although it is a much larger building. On reflection, it's probably quite proportional.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  29. Smick

Thanks Crispy. I obviously have absolutely no idea what I am talking about, but surely the asking price of £2.5m makes it prohibitively expensive to buy, get up to standard after being empty for a while, and then run as a pub. It is being priced like that so it makes no commercial sense to buy as a pub, gets no bidders, is rezoned as a result and will then realise that price when it is sold for flats.

Should we start writing to Chuka and councillors to request it not be rezoned?

30. Twattor

Twattor Well-Known Member

I can't see how it would make that money as flats. The brochure says the footprint is 0.005Ha, or 50 square meters. In a three storey building you wouldn't get three one-bed flats in that space. The sales values wouldn't cover the purchase price alone before you even start to think about the development costs on top.

There must be a mistake in the valuation.