Tulse Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Nanker Phelge, Oct 13, 2013.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Nanker Phelge likes this.
  2. oldandjaded

oldandjaded Well-Known Member

Realy? First thing I saw from the huff post this morning and being local I thought it was relevant. You have the power remove it if you think its either clickbate or offensive. It was ment as neither.

Nanker Phelge likes this.
  3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

You've misunderstood me, sorry: I'm not criticising you at all, just the Huff Post's headline.

4. Maharani

Maharani Just like Heaven

editor likes this.
  5. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Late Justyna Kalandyk: Anyone with information or footage concerning the manner in which she was killed on the morning of Monday 11 December 2017 is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Merton on 020 8543 5157 or contact via @MetCC.

Her friends and relatives are free to post tributes to her on this thread.

6. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

According to this Daily Mail's report Polish woman killed in a 'multiple hit-and-run' is named | Daily Mail Online all four drivers have now been tracked down.

The driver of the first vehicle that hit her- the first lorry- has been interviewed under caution, while the driver in charge of 'the second car to hit her' (so basically the last vehicle involved) has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving. The drivers of the second and third vehicles involved have spoken to the police now, but neither has been arrested.

I don't want speculate about ongoing police investigations, though it is good to know all parties involved have now been identified and tracked down. The overriding sentiment is one of profound sorrow. What a sad, senseless loss of a life :( :(

7. tripadvisah

tripadvisah Banned Banned

I crossed the road yesterday where it happened. I do frequently. Its great that people have laid (some) flowers there but it seems like not enough of an effort. People still cross the road there like idiots and the drivers still drive like maniacs. need a great big f'ing sign up there saying what happened.

8. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

What would 'a great big f'ing sign' say on it to stop pedestrians and drivers being idiots?

9. alex_

alex_ Well-Known Member

Especially bearing in mind this is a location where some truck drivers don’t even stop for overly low bridges.

Alex

10. Maharani

Or those cardboard cut-outs like they have on roadsides in France where people have been killed.

11. Maharani

Any good recommendations for a good dentist? I want some work done on my bottom set which will need braces but not sure I trust mine for this sort of extensive work.

12. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

Even tho there are height notices before and at the bridges.

alex_ likes this.
  13. Smick

Smick Strictly Second Class

Such a beautiful girl. And so young as well. Regardless of who they arrest or track down, it won’t bring her back.

14. Maharani

Merry Christmas everyone. Does anyone know if any local shops are open today?

15. Maharani

All of the local Indian run shops are open.

16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Had a cracking night in the Railway last night: I got roped into DJing and the crowd were blooming wild.

17. gaijingirl

gaijingirl Well-Known Member

We must have just missed you - we were there till about 7:30pm singing carols. Always such a lovely atmosphere.

Oula and editor like this.
  18. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

19. Maharani

Does anyone know of a local vacuum repair person or shop? According to google the nearest one is Fulham.

20. Smick

There is something major going on on Kinfauns. Two armed x5s, helicopter, police with helmets, guns, battering rams, an unmarked car.

I went to put the recycling out and got a major shock.

21. Maharani

Heard helicopters

22. gaijingirl

oh blimey well that explains a few weird things this evening.

23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

24. Maharani

25. xsunnysuex

xsunnysuex Life is a horizontal fall.

Facebook post reporting a fatal stabbing in Tulse Hill. Great start to the new year. Passers by reporting it.

upload_2018-1-1_3-56-13.png

26. Smick

It looks a bit quiet for a murder. I’d expect lots of police there, although the tent is ominous. Hopefully it’s something less serious than a fatal stabbing.

27. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

Road was shut and being guarded by several coppers when I was on my way home at 6am, plus buses were on diversion so fairly serious.

28. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

A 17-year old child was stabbbed to death last night a relatively short distance from the spot where Justyna Kalandyk was kliied on 11 December 2017.

29. Maharani

Oh god. Awful.

30. gaijingirl

:eek::(:( Some poor family nearby is torn apart.