1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tulse Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Nanker Phelge, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

I don't think it's squatters....

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

3. gaijingirl

gaijingirl Well-Known Member

I don't think so either - snow white net curtains don't scream squatters to me.

(eta maybe it's my mum!! :eek:)

Maharani, ringo, ohmyliver and 5 others like this.
  4. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Gentrified squatters.

5. oldandjaded

oldandjaded Member

2017-11-02 08.43.36.jpg I see this wanker a lot, mostly around lanercost, probin and the high street. He appears to have a lot of friends but they only chat for a few seconds before walking in the opposite direction. Police know him well. He and his wanker mate were searching the bins in lanercost at 7am while chatting to his deaf mate. I guess he was deaf given the level of his voice.

Edit he is now testing door handles palace road lanercost and probin.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  6. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

He is a ratty arse fucker.....also travels the trains from Tulse Hill begging with his pals....

Sometimes he can be a bit aggressive towards people...

7. gaijingirl

gaijingirl Well-Known Member

I just saw him and a mate up to no good in the telephone box outside the Co Op - you know when you immediately get a really bad vibe off someone - that. I moved off pretty quickly.

8. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

Could you notify the police as soon as possible? There are many elderly residents in that area who may not have access to the internet and social media and may require protection against this sort of activity.

Thank you.

editor likes this.
  9. Smick

Smick Strictly Second Class

Does the mate look a bit like Shane MacGowan on a bad day? I think I’ve seen the two of them before, often at a very early hour. They’re clearly strung out on something strong, be it booze or the persians

Maharani likes this.
  10. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Mate looks a right state, ginger hair, usually trying to hold his trousers up while he walks. The frenetic, jittery gait of the terminally fucked. Hadn't realised they were anti-social twats as well as just looking dodgy, good to know.

Maharani likes this.
  11. oldandjaded

oldandjaded Member

I did try 101 but no answer. I also tried the web site but could only get a 404 message. I had to go out, so I *cough* handled it myself. Unfortunately I am at work till monday. My builders should be onsite today. I am happy for them to introduce themselves to the gentlemen. If not I will have to find an open station or something next week.

12. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

Proper pair of toe-rags....I just tell 'em to fuck off if they come near me.

They hang about in the70s looking social housing block on Probyn which always has the entrance doors left open
    probyn.JPG

ringo likes this.
  13. oldandjaded

oldandjaded Member

Is it true, thats ^^^ a JP Carroll house and he knocked down a pair of Lanercost houses to build that?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  14. Smick

I thought it was as a result of WW2 bombing.

alcopop likes this.
  15. oldandjaded

oldandjaded Member

16. nick

nick Pleomorphic Adenomas R us

I think those links refer to the damage halfway up Lanercost - where there is now a Playground ( on the site of 51 Lanercost) and the block of flats on Lanercost Close.

I think in that photo you get a good view into the attic of where I now live

17. Smick

I saw Avenue Park Road closed off by the Police earlier and they had those little plates down with numbers on them, like when they mark where bullet casings landed.

Maharani likes this.
  18. TrainInVain

TrainInVain New Member

What happens in that place?
    Is it a half way house?

19. TrainInVain

TrainInVain New Member

Also - completely off topic - can anyone recommend a good window cleaner? Thanks!

20. nick

There's a bloke does Lanercost on alternate Tuesday mornings- £7 for the front windows of a house. Don't know where else he covers

21. oldandjaded

oldandjaded Member

I would like to help but mine turns up about every 3 weeks on a wednesday, wakes me up while slapping water on the window and has charged me the same amount for the last 10 years. I just asked the window cleaner when I saw him on my street.

22. nick

PS - Word to the wise, asking about cleaners can incur the wrath of the U75 hive mind. That may also apply to window cleaners.

Maharani, alcopop and T & P like this.
  23. Rushy

Rushy AKA some / certain posters

A few recommendations halfway down the page on this thread. Mine still stands. Lovely bloke and very reliable.

24. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

I saw that. Was shut for a few hours with police tape across the road. Saw the evidence markers as well. Something went down there.

Maharani likes this.
  25. Maharani

Maharani Just like Heaven

Heard about this while I was away. Still no news on what it was about?

26. Maharani

There’s police tape on my recycling bin.

27. Maharani

Those two dodgems I see everyday. They walk down my street sometimes very early on the morning. They always seem fucked but harmless. Glad to know to be wary, although I’ve worked with a lot of people like them so I know the signs and tend to just walk on the other side of the street when they’re about. Feel sorry for them really. Must have had some real shit lives to be living like that.

28. Maharani

Just a little reminder that’s it’s my curry pop up at The Railway Tavern this Sunday (12th) from 7pm. Getting a little nervous but excited too. T’would be nice to see some of you down but understand if you cannie. I should do reduced rates for Urbs!

Attached Files:

Brixton Hatter and Smick like this.
  29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Maharani likes this.
  30. Maharani

editor likes this.