1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tulse Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Nanker Phelge, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Lizzy Mac

Lizzy Mac Well-Known Member

We need a dance night at The Cambria please.

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Are they doing anything there now? I try and list them on Buzz but their site doesn't have much information.

3. Lizzy Mac

They used to have lovely mix tapes playing but it's gone wrong.
    Last time I went in I had to listen to the Jersey Boys soundtrack.
    I don't really know what's going on but they need to do something.
    Have a wee reccy. Warning : drink prices seem high to me.

editor likes this.
  4. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

What happened last night? Mate said a big area taped off by police near where that murder was recently when he went past about 11pm. Palace Road area maybe?

5. gaijingirl

gaijingirl Well-Known Member

Could he have been confused with York Hill? - there was a stabbing there - all taped off.

6. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Could be :(

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  7. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Aren't you thinking of Hillside Road? Or has there been another stabbing?

8. Maharani

Maharani Just like Heaven

9. gaijingirl

There's been another one - last night on York Hill.

Hillside Road happened during half term a few weeks ago.

10. Maharani

Maharani Just like Heaven

It's getting a bit much now tbh. Do we know if last night's was fatal?

11. gaijingirl

I don't believe it was fatal. I certainly hope not.

12. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Christs sake...

13. Smick

Smick Strictly Second Class

I see that Lazy Rhubarb is being renovated. Any idea what is going on?

14. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

From 6 weeks to 9 months is pretty fucking impressive!!! :cool:

gaijingirl likes this.
  15. Smick

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  16. gaijingirl

I'd wondered why there were so many police/fire etc there last night. Very sad. :(

Smick likes this.
  17. Smick

If I'm honest, I saw the blue lights and took my 3 year old boy down for a look at the fire engines, thinking it was maybe another flood. I would never have taken him had I thought that had happened

18. Lee Japser

Lee Japser Well-Known Member

19. readie

readie Member

Has anyone else living on Palace Road (at the Norwood Road end) noticed that the lamppost bulbs seem to have been upgraded? Are Lambeth Council trying to increase sales of black out curtains?

20. ash

ash Inittogether

Not sure about that location but our streetlights in Brixton went from yellow to white a while back. Gives a better light imo

21. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

Lambeth are upgrading all the street lamps across the borough to LEDs (I assume cos cheaper and more energy efficient). The ones on my road in West Norwood were done earlier in the year.

readie likes this.
  22. Smick

Yeah, I noticed the new Palace Road ones this week. Kinfauns had been done a while ago. If I sit in a certain place on my sofa, it's quite annoying, but I sleep down the back so I'm quite happy about it.

23. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

You sleep down the back of your sofa?

ViolentPanda and readie like this.
  24. Lizzy Mac

Got em down our road. I have lampposts very near to my front windows and from inside they look like flood lights.

Attached Files:

readie likes this.
  25. Smick

I used to, but I put my wife there now. It's bed all the way for me from now on.

Nanker Phelge, wurlycurly and readie like this.
  26. readie

readie Member

This is exactly what I'm experiencing, Lizzy Mac. It feels a bit like this episode of Seinfeld.

I'm now looking forward even more fervently to the leaves appearing on the trees outside my window, so that there is some difference between night and day.

27. discobastard

discobastard _____Ϯ_____

Not noticed this on Probyn. And I sleep at the front of the house. I hope it's just that I haven't noticed....

28. Lizzy Mac

Ha ha. I'm getting used to them now. Feels moody.

readie likes this.
  29. Cartoon Man

Cartoon Man Well-Known Member

Me and Mrs Cartoon will have a room to rent from 1st May. We're very close to TH station, buses, pubs and shops. We're not 'up all night party people' but we're pretty laid-back. So if anyone knows someone that might be interested, send me a message. Oh yeah, the sordid subject of money: £350 a month.

30. Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight Well-Known Member

Help please! My beautiful & much loved cat Tilly has gone missing. Think she slipped out the front door just after midnight Friday into Saturday. She's scared of traffic etc so wouldn't normally wander but isn't hiding in the front or back gardens, nor the neighbours' as far as I can see. Really worried she's been hurt or taken. She has hypokalaemia - without her meds she'll eventually die. So it's vital she's found asap. I'm beside myself. Please look out if you're in SE24 area (Norwood Rd between Brockwell Park & Tulse Hill gyratory). Posters up, pet registry notified, calling ver, shelters, Lambeth tomz. [​IMG]