1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tulse Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Nanker Phelge, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Angry brown femme

How does he feel about the Tulse Hill Hotel? I'd also like to know L's thought on Knowles ;)

Maharani likes this.
  2. Smick

Smick Strictly Second Class

I ended up taking the kids to the Rosendale yesterday. Good food and pints but shit atmosphere

Brixton Hatter likes this.
  3. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

Soulless innit

4. ohmyliver

ohmyliver poppin' like a cork

Hillside Road/Garden closed due to some one being stabbed last night.

5. ash

ash Inittogether

Child led play - great approach to parenting IMO

6. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter Home is south London mate

Palace Road closed by the mini roundabout and police not letting anyone through, bit ridiculous really. Had to go back down the hill the back up the south circular to get anywhere.

7. Brixton Hatter

He fell asleep on the first occasion we went in! The second and only other time I've been in i got charged £7.40 for a pint and some peanuts so I doubt I'll be back (unless someone else forces me to.)

A far cry from the old days of that pub!

Little hatters mum took him in knowles in the daytime and whilst it doesn't look that kid friendly apparently it was alright and they didn't mind kids running about. Not really my kind of place tho .

Thimble Queen and Maharani like this.
  8. Brixton Hatter

It's alright in the summer when the back garden is open for the kids but otherwise well overpriced and I wouldn't go there without little hatter.

9. ohmyliver

ohmyliver poppin' like a cork

Yeah, had to take my daughter to nursery in Streatham Hill, and had to go via Tulse Hill and a P13. She didn't mind because getting a bus is still exciting.

10. nick

nick Pleomorphic Adenomas R us

A murder investigation has been launched following the fatal stabbing of a man in Brixton.
    Police were called at around 20:45hrs on Tuesday, 14 February to reports of a stabbing in Hillside Road, SW2.
    Officers attended with the London Ambulance Service and found a 51-year-old man suffering from stab injuries. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
    Next of kin have been informed but formal identification awaits.
    A post-mortem examination will be held in due course
    A 38-year old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and is currently in custody at a south London police station.
    The Met's Homicide and Major Crime Command investigate under Acting Detective Chief Inspector Tom Dahri.
    Enquiries into the circumstances of the incident are ongoing.
    Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8721 4961, contact police via 101 or @MetCC or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Murder investigation launched in Brixton

Local curtain twitchers' email group has it that it was a fight over a woman / romance

11. Winot

Winot I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint

Happy Valentine's Day :(

12. nick

nick Pleomorphic Adenomas R us

To resurrect an old U75 argument - note that the police report refers to hillside Road SW2 as Brixton.
    SW9 can fuck right off

Maharani likes this.
  13. OvalhouseDB

OvalhouseDB Well-Known Member

And there was I wondering whether it was Tulse Hill or Streatham Hill.

The police said the roads could well be closed for a couple of days, as they have to do a fingertip search from Hillside to half way up Downton. No through traffic along Wavertree, Downton, or along Hillside.

14. organicpanda

organicpanda cat herder extraodinaire

back when Brixton used to scare outsiders the news would report anything bad as happening in Brixton whether it was actually in Brixton or not and if anything good happened it happened in lambeth (apart from the politics of course)

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

16. GypsyWings

GypsyWings Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the stabbing victim has been named?

17. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

• Inappropriate Content

Chi-Wah Cheung, 38, of no fixed abode, was charged on Thursday, 16 February with the murder of 51-year-old Gary Heaven in Hillside Road, SW2 on Tuesday 14 February 2017.

He was also charged with possession of an offensive weapon, in relation to the incident.

Cheung appeared in custody at Bromley Magistrates' Court earlier today.

18. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

What the fuck are you doing adding those photos to your post? What point are you trying to make? What possible connection is there? Or are you just trying to piss all over the night?

Smick likes this.
  19. alfajobrob

alfajobrob Well-Known Member

Maybe Garveylives is just as much as a muppet as me when it comes to quoting, posting or uploading files as I always get it wrong ...maybe not.

Anyway life's too short to worry about such minutae when there is a tank thread to post on :)

20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

He has a growing history of pointlessly reposting photos with large text to make a clumsy point but this seems far more personal and nasty.

Maharani likes this.
  21. Winot

Winot I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint

Bang out of order.

editor likes this.
  22. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

All change at the White Hart. New management as of today. J and co gone...

Sort of...he is here now having a few!

23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Surely this place will start sorting itself out now? It always looks so blokeish and uninviting when I pass by. Anyy idea what changes may be afoot? I really want it t do well but it seems to have suffered a succession of clueless owners.

24. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

I doubt it it will change much for a bit...

25. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

It's somewhere I can go and take a sarnie and read my paper and not be bothered (too much).

26. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

Looks like it could be all over.

Manager in to look after for a couple of months til lease is up.

Then landlord has it back with the freehold and is selling to highest bidder. Its days as a pub look numbered.

27. Brixton Hatter

:( bugger

28. Cheesypoof

Cheesypoof Fuck off Noddy

state of me

29. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Angry brown femme

Innit. Best incarnation of that pub in thr last few years. Be such a shame to lose it to flats.

30. Brixton Hatter

Yeah, I've only just started getting to know the staff, feels like a proper local like my old one (The Marquis in Brixton) - always go there first before the Railway or (ahem) the Tulse Hill Hotel.

Thimble Queen likes this.