1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tulse Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Nanker Phelge, Oct 13, 2013.

1. macca4848

macca4848 Well-Known Member

Whilst the juices are flowing, where do people get Thai from? I use Thaicoons, but wondering if any better them

2. alex_

alex_ Well-Known Member

Adomme was named by a food writer in the guardian this week as one of the best pizza places in London so it's might be a bit busy.

Alex

3. alex_

alex_ Well-Known Member

Top tip if somewhere delivers by Deliveroo and themselves it will always be cheaper direct.

4. discobastard

discobastard _____Ϯ_____

I've had decent-ish food from Paya on Brixton Hill, but I've never had any *really* good Chinese or Thai from round here. Thaicoons is ok I guess but rarely get anything from there. Too many good curry houses instead!

5. macca4848

macca4848 Well-Known Member

I know. We do No 2 for Chinese and have changed to curry now after reading duff reviews of all the Thai.
    Going for our current favourite Lal Baag in West Norwood. Indigo were/are good but take far too long (close to 2 hrs the last two times). Saffron has dropped down the list but I'd be willing to go again as when they're good they're very good
    Any other good curry houses at the moment ??

6. Smick

Smick Strictly Second Class

We get Thai from Slurp in Streatham. Initially we were a bit dubious as they do Chinese, Thai and Japanese, but we enjoy it.

7. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

Greedy bastards

Smick likes this.
  8. oldandjaded

oldandjaded Member

Addomme without a doubt.

9. oldandjaded

oldandjaded Member

Anyone lost a knife. My neighbour had one discarded in their garden last night. It's at lost and found at the police station.

10. Maharani

Maharani Just like Heaven

Nice pizza discobastard? Where did you get food from in the end?

11. Maharani

Does anyone know what's happening on Tulse Hill by high trees? The road is blocked so there's been a heavy flow of trafficking c through HH to get to Brixton or up Christchurch to go via Brixton Hill. I've been noticing lots of thames water folk around the area of late. Maybe another burst pipe?

12. gaijingirl

gaijingirl Well-Known Member

Yes another pipe.

Maharani likes this.
  13. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter edge of heaven

Has anyone seen a slightly eccentric 70 year old guy walking round Tulse Hill with a specially-adapted shopping trolley full of 100 tennis rackets and tennis balls?!

My mates saw him earlier near Hillside Gardens (didn't spot him myself cos I was already in the park with Little Hatter) but they reckoned he was some sort of tennis racket hoarder who'd decided to take his collection for a walk..... :hmm: :cool:

Maharani likes this.
  14. Brixton Hatter

it's up for sale now...

Check out this property for sale on Rightmove!

15. discobastard

discobastard _____Ϯ_____

[​IMG]
    Did Addomme in the end. Got a bit mauled on the way over...

What I ate tasted great though

16. Maharani

Yeah, doesn't look great but I'm sure it tasted nice!

17. gaijingirl

gaijingirl Well-Known Member

He teaches in Hillside Gardens - very longstanding institution around here. He also drinks in the Castle/Castello deli on the alleyway to the station. You can turn up with kids any weekday/school holiday morning at 10am for tennis lessons £3 a pop. Well known and beloved of the Tulse Hill children and parents. You could probably already take Little Hatter - kids of all ages up there.

(there are also a number of other coaches teaching kids/ adults on a more serious basis).

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    clandestino, friendofdorothy and Me76 like this.
  18. Brixton Hatter

cheers, yeah I thought he was something to do with the tennis club but my mates were convinced he was some sort of street drinker with a racket collection habit :oops:

19. discobastard

discobastard _____Ϯ_____

Saffron still OK actually from the last two times I've ordered. The only other place that you;ve not mentioned that I order fro is Ghurka Cottage in CP - quite pricy but lovely stuff. And I've once ordered from Papadom on the Hill, which was cheap with v generous portions. Seem to remember the curry as decent enough.
    Never had Indigo - must try sometime.

20. nick

nick Pleomorphic Adenomas R us

wurlycurly and friendofdorothy like this.
  21. Smick

Smick Strictly Second Class

Is that the guy who looks like he could be Native American?

22. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

Saffron has gone right down dill the last year or so, the curries remind me of a birds eye ready meal. Big shame because it used to be fantastic. Once i complained because it was that bad, they apologised and told me the reason it had changed for the worse because they have a new head chef.

23. Maharani

I hate dill.

24. Maharani

He's cool.

Smick likes this.
  25. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Well-Known Member

Are GC still doing 20% off if you order online and pay in cash? That makes it a lot more affordable :)

26. discobastard

discobastard _____Ϯ_____

Didn't know about that! I shall investigate :)

Thimble Queen likes this.
  27. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

Over turned car on Tulse Hill last night. Outside Tesco/Esso garage. Looked very smashed up , no idea how it happened.

28. Maharani

Seems to be lots of criminal activity in the area ATM.

ETA: saw loads of cop cars near the Nisa on Saturday

29. Maharani

I walked past GC today Thimble Queen and thought of you!

Thimble Queen likes this.
  30. Brixton Hatter

nipped out to the Coop today to get a few bits of food and ended up on a pub crawl - cos of little hatter (he's 3) :D

as we left coop he said "i wanna go p....[inaudible] daddy" - "you want to go to the park?" - "NO! The PUB!"

so we went to the railway for a quick pint and he ran around the garden in the snow.

as we left he said "I don't wanna go home i wanna go to the other pub" [result!] - so we went to the White Hart for a pint and he got high on J2o and did about 50 laps of the pool table on a sugar rush :D

"I like it better here daddy, it's more fun."

ash, technical, quimcunx and 4 others like this.