tube party on june 1st?

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by bluestreak, May 8, 2008.

1. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox

yes, I've been reading stories that they're hoping it will be a case of self-policing, the same as when the smoking ban came in. So why then do they have stickers everywhere and tannoy announcements telling you it's not allowed? :confused:

2. lights.out.london

lights.out.london Black Flag

I have a voice, just like you.

3. Stobart Stopper

Stobart Stopper Well-Known Member

Go and ring up BTP and get the figures for drunken, violent incidents on trains and the tube. You will be surprised at how many they deal with in one day.
    I think the alcohol ban is a good thing, they should also ban people who smell of drink as well.

4. Citizen66

Citizen66 splash the cistern

But you put in a fair amount of leg work for someone who seems so ardently against such shenanigans.

Or are you about to tell me you live in Spitalfields market now as well?

5. scifisam

scifisam feck! arse! girls! drink!

Do they have figures for how many of those incidents were caused by people drinking on the tube? No? You surprise me.

Because, of course, having drunk people singing on a train is much worse than having them driving home or forced to sleep on the streets.

6. Citizen66

Yeah and we'll have breathalysers on the turn-styles!

7. ajdown

ajdown Posting in this thread

Does hopping on one bus, sitting still for about 45 minutes, then walking across the road at Liverpool Street count as a 'lot of legwork'?

I guess I did have to do about the same in reverse to get home...

8. Citizen66

Do you slow down on the motorway when there's been an accident to see if anyone has been decapitated?

So an hour and a half of travel so you could *watch* a party. I couldn't think of any better way to spend a saturday night. Were Ant and Dec not on this week?

9. editor

editor hiraethified

All totally irrelevant to the ban.

There are already laws for dealing with drunk and disorderly behaviour. If you think this new law is actually addressing a real problem, then please provide some idea of what percentage of people actually drinking on the tube (as opposed to already being drunk) regularly cause problems.

If you cant back it up, you have no argument, past the exceptionally exceptionally frivolous "oooh! But I don't like the smell" which could mark the thin end of a large wedge.

10. Stobart Stopper

Ban all alcohol from flights as well. There's no need for people to drink, they should not be allowed to buy it on a plane.

11. Stobart Stopper

Drunks are bad enough just being drunk, but when they are sitting in the same carriage as me, drinking even more from a can or bottle I just want to kick their fucking arses.

12. rich!

rich! stalin tache

I know two people from round here who went, had a couple of beers on a carriage, enjoyed the atmosphere, tidied up and left.

13. scifisam

scifisam feck! arse! girls! drink!

Here's where I think a fair few people would disagree with you \, even if they agree with a ban on other forms of public transport; a fair few people couldn't cope with flying without a bit of booze. You know, like BA Baracus.

14. jæd

jæd Corporate Hooker

So... You spent at least 1 hour, 45 mins (assuming your 5 mins waiting for the bus each way, and 5 mins at Liverpool St). I thought you said you lived in Brixton. It must be well boring now if thats how the residents spend their Saturday nights... :rolleyes:

15. ajdown

Generally you don't have a lot of choice, if everyone else is slowing down you have to be in the queue.

Going and sitting in a pub drinking, or going to a club and having your ears blasted by some noise, is a 'good use of a saturday night' to some people. I don't think it is. Why is my choice a problem to you?

16. jæd

jæd Corporate Hooker

"Why is my choice a problem to you?". Isn't that what people are telling you...? :confused:

17. winjer

winjer holocene death beat

I find it unpleasant, someone who can't let others have a good time without travelling far out of their way to point and laugh at them clearly has a problem. Ban these sick cunts.

;)

18. Citizen66

Because your idea of 'fun' is going to watch other people having fun in the expressed knowledge that it will be something that you will find irksome and of great mirth in equal measure.

Strikes me as a little odd but each to their own I suppose.

I went out for sushi and some drinks with friends in Berlin.

19. editor

editor hiraethified

You're entitled to your personal opinion and it's a shame that you get upset by someone having a drink, but I've still to see a remotely credible and meaningful argument why it should be banned by law.

20. ajdown

Ah but by simply going to have a look, I wasn't negatively affecting anyone else by being there.

21. Citizen66

SS is another teetotaller sticking their oar in. ;)

22. Citizen66

Yeah, it's us who gets that with the incessant whining. ;)

23. ajdown

I think you're confusing "whining" with "expressing a legitimate, legal and perfectly valid opinion that you just happen to disagree with".

Besides, I'm not the only one posting in this thread. I'm just responding to people responding to me.

24. Citizen66

I probably agree with you more than you think. I would probably think that I'd have thought that the 'party-goers' were numpties too but would have stopped short of wasting a saturday night going to watch their antics.

25. You'd have to get me very pissed to even contemplate flying. For a lot of people nervous of flying it q important.

Anyway why shouldn't u b served wine with a meal ona long haul flight?

We're talking about going without booze a few minutes on a tubetrain, not a 12 hour flight.

26. detective-boy

detective-boy Banned Banned

He's got that covered - his deputy is gay (Richard Barnes ... but as he's a tory prick it doesn't really count ... ;))

27. Citizen66

I knock back a few bevies before a flight so I can sleep after take off. It's preferable to dying of boredom.

28. detective-boy

detective-boy Banned Banned

Didn't know you were a pilot ...

29. smokedout

smokedout criminal

not everyone can afford to drink in licenced premises

30. smokedout

smokedout criminal