tube party on june 1st?

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by bluestreak, May 8, 2008.

1. DotCommunist

DotCommunist slowtime

:D

2. rutabowa

rutabowa LOSE IT

it's just that i would rather not have ANYTHING banned unless there is a proven reason to ban it.

3. lights.out.london

lights.out.london Black Flag

S'cool, mate. You know I'm not sXe in my "recovery". I just can't do booze anymore. :)

4. lights.out.london

Point taken.

Ban banning! When do we want it? Now! :cool:

5. ajdown

ajdown Posting in this thread

I was there for a bit. Guilty as being white, but not particularly middle class, not a yuppie, never been to the Glastonbury festival... where do I fit in?

6. Citizen66

Citizen66 splash the cistern

Aye. And their well-heeled pillar-of-the-community parents are the Daily Fail and sub-standard's target audience.

Funny how it all turns out in the wash.

7. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

Ooh, she's a card ain't she? :D

8. bluestreak

bluestreak HomosexualityIsStalin’sAtomBombtoDestroyAmerica

Puts us in our place and no mistake.

9. Stobart Stopper

Stobart Stopper Well-Known Member

I bet some of them really were called Rupert and Tarquin.
    :rolleyes:

10. Citizen66

Weren't you there so you could "tut"? :D

11. lights.out.london

Okay. That is kinda funny!

12. Citizen66

Well he appears to be condemning it an awful lot for someone who seems desperate to be seen as part of the action...

13. ajdown

Not at all, I was in fits of laughter at the stupidity of these morons not only for their behaviour but for thinking they could have even got away with it in the first place without something going tits up.

14. lights.out.london

**thinks about getting deckchair, donkey rides and snack concession stalls out of storage**

15. Citizen66

Sounds like you had a hoot of a saturday night then! :cool:

You had no other plans I take it...?

16. Stobart Stopper

Some of them looked like they could have done with one as well. Dirty fuckers.

17. rutabowa

rutabowa LOSE IT

i don't really get your idea of a good night out!

18. Stobart Stopper

You never get this sort of behaviour at Flashmob either.

19. nosos

nosos Well-Known Member

This really ought to be political common sense - not just on moral grounds but on pragmatic grounds. Someone actually has to enforce laws for them to work.

20. bluestreak

bluestreak HomosexualityIsStalin’sAtomBombtoDestroyAmerica

Yes you do.

21. Citizen66

He's posted the most on this thread too by by a country mile.

He just *Had to be there!* :D

22. ajdown

I tend not to go out in the evenings, by choice. There's plenty of things we can do at home without having to go out that we can enjoy, although I accept these things may not be someone else's choice of fun.

23. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox

Dr Who ;)

24. winjer

winjer holocene death beat

But thousands of them did, more than were on the concourse at Liverpool Street.

25. nosos

nosos Well-Known Member

Which again suggests to me that the people who really care about banning booze have some serious hang-ups.

I'm sorry they do but I'd really rather they didn't demand that the stage legislate that everyone else fall into line with them.

Ajdown has, in my mind, the status of a anti gay rights campaigners who feels drawn to the subject and insists on getting first hand 'on the ground' knowledge of that which offends him so. Tragic and irritating in equal measure.

26. Citizen66

But on this particular weekend you thought you'd stretch the purse-strings to the price of a travel card so you could guffaw at rebellious teenagers getting sozzled in a train station?

Ri-i-ight... :D

27. rutabowa

rutabowa LOSE IT

wuhh... so you are saying you were forced to go out to this tube party thing? it looks as though you were the only person posting on here who went, or am i confused

28. editor

editor hiraethified

Exactly.

Who are you to decide what's "appropriate"? So long as you're not bothering anyone or putting yourself or others at risk, you should be able to drink where and when you like.
    Perhaps because all the London Transport signs say that "drinking alcohol is prohibited."

29. ajdown

I have an annual travelcard for work purposes so it didn't cost me anything extra actually.

30. ajdown

No, I chose to pop along for the start to see whether the chaos about to ensue was as bad as, or worse, than I had predicted. Hung around for half an hour, got bored looking at the idiots, and went home.

Maybe nobody else that normally posts here did go, I'm not sure.