Truro City vs Dulwich Hamlet, Sunday 11 November

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Scolly, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

The Supporters Trust will be running a coach to the game at Truro, Sunday 11 November.

Adult £30
    Adult conc. £25
    Accompanied teen £20
    Child £15

Places can be booked (by payment in advance) at the Mega-container shop at the next two home games.

We are waiting for confirmation of departure time from Anderson's, but it'll be around 9:30am with arrival approximately 2pm.

If you can't make the next to home games but wish to book at place, please email: info@dhst.org.uk

2. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

Coach now confirmed to leave at 8am. Don't forget places can be confirmed at the Mega-container at Saturdays game

3. [62]

[62] New Member

Just a heads up as a Torquay fan to keep an eye on a pitch inspection for this one. We were home last Saturday and are again this coming one. It's been raining fairly solidly most of the week with lots more forecast, plus of course the Truro groundshare can't end soon enough as far as the pitch is concerned.

Anyway, good luck. Looking forward to our game next month.

4. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Cheers for the info...

PartisanDulwich and Jamie Wyatt like this.
  5. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Very helpful advice from Torquay fan - we also look forward to your visit and ours to Torquay

[62] likes this.
  6. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

You can still book a place on the supporters coach by emailing info@dhst.org.uk

7. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I'm down there for the weekend. Got Newton Abbott Spurs v Brixham pencilled in for the Saturday with Buckland Athletic v Bitton as an alternative. If the worst comes to the worst and those are washed out there's always Torquay v Woking! Just hope our game doesn't fall foul of the weather.

[62], Matt The Cab and mick mccartney like this.
  8. [62]

[62] New Member

Some good pubs in Newton Abbot - Teign Cellars and Tuckers Maltings in particular, plus the famous Cider Bar if you're that way inclined. Definitely better options than Torquay, which has always been a beer (and cultural...) desert.

Viel Spaß!

Noss and Pink Panther like this.
  9. Don Reid

Don Reid New Member

what's the chance the game will be called off??

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

If it's raining like it is in London, I'd be worried!

11. Pink Panther

I've been down here since 1pm today. There was clearly a lot of rainfall before I arrived but it hasn't been too bad since. It's a recent Football League ground with a decent pitch and the forecast for tomorrow is mostly dry with showers. Bearing in mind Truro's chairman wanted to delay the match until they were back in Truro, I'd be surprised if the pitch is actually unplayable.

editor likes this.
  12. Gullwich

Gullwich New Member

Yep, I’m down for the weekend to get to both matches and despite some quite apocalyptic rain the game today was never in doubt. After many years of being shocking the draingage now seems remarkably good, would be amazed if it’s called off tomorrow...

Pink Panther and editor like this.
  13. WIB Tim

WIB Tim Active Member

If anyone's not already down there or getting the coach tomorrow, we'll have the commentary on at waterintobeer (as we do for all away games) if you fancy joining us for a beer

14. Pink Panther

Dry and sunny at the moment. When I arrived yesterday lunchtime the pavements were strewn with seaweed that had been carried at least 30 yards over the seawall!

20181110_131117.jpg

Gullwich, editor and the 12th man like this.
  15. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

Referees have just done an inspection, game is on

16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Up the Hamlet!

17. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Losing one nil after two mins. Glad I didn’t go now.

18. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Two nil down now :(

19. EDC

Really fucking glad.

20. BrandNewGuy

BrandNewGuy Well-Known Member

2-1, Ash, 41 minutes

editor likes this.
  21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

HT: 2-1 :(

pompeydunc likes this.
  22. EDC

Starting to wish I was there.

Cyclodunc, gnar182 and pompeydunc like this.
  23. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

2-2. Nyren cutting in and firing home with his right foot. He really needs to stop doing this.

GregDHFC, editor, gnar182 and 2 others like this.
  24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

If we could win this we'd be "knocking on the door" of the play off zone.

25. EDC

Changed my mind again FFS.

26. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Fuckbollocks. 3-2 down at full time.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  27. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

6 goals conceded in two games not great that.

28. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

That's going to be a long team talk coach home!!

29. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Active Member

Having watched us against Albans, Weston and now Truro I’m mostly upset about the results as a collective. 4 points from 3 games (2 at home). 1 point from 2 teams near the bottom of the table. And we could have won them all.

Quade, Tomlin and Kargbo were dropped in place of Sanchez, May and Iffy. It looked like a 4-5-1 with Iffy and Clunis on either side.

Credit to Truro, they started all guns blazing and for the first 10 minutes had us penned in, scoring twice in quick succession. They switched play quickly and we couldn’t contain there wing play. After their second the roles reversed and we had then on the ropes with plenty of intricate play. Credit to Iffy Allen in the first half who ran his socks off, chased everything and helped the team claw back possession. Carew pulled a goal back before half-time, stroking the ball past the keeper from the left.

We started the second half how we finished the first, all over Truro and Clunis scored a belter from the left (he never scores from the left hmmm). We looked in control, passed and moved but Truro proved hard to break down. After the equaliser Truro slowed down play and we couldn’t quite get the tempo going. Tomlim came on in place of May and Cook later on for Ferguson.

Magnus went for a 50-50 in the air and the their player went down holding his head. Magnus froze, so did the rest of our players. Truro played to the whistle and scored a very scruffy goal. Their player then got attention for the head injury.

Overall, and in the last few games our players have lacked the same heart, passion and enthusiasm that Weston and Truro had. Truro were not great but they played as a team and they had leaders on the pitch who were vocal. We had no leaders on the pitch, no one shouting encouragement and there was little guidance from Gavin Rose or Junior. We have a fantastic group of players and a squad blessed with ability led by a coach who understands the game and wants to his team to play.

I just don’t see the same passion as other teams we have played this season...

Gullwich, Moroccan Sunset and editor like this.
  30. cg__

cg__ New Member

Can we play teams above us every week

WillClunas and the 12th man like this.