Trump: "Tremendous crowds of well-wishers"

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Yossarian, Jun 3, 2019.

1. friedaweed

friedaweed Sitting down for a wee

:D

likesfish likes this.
  2. Dogsauce

Dogsauce Lord of the Dance Settee

Note for next time: Put Grayling in charge of organising this.

3. Orang Utan

Orang Utan knows how to use the three shells

It was actually a 41 gun salute and still no hit, so perhaps Grayling did organise it after all.

4. Dogsauce

Dogsauce Lord of the Dance Settee

Tbf, if it was Grayling it’d be a Boy Scout firing a toy bow and arrow into their own face several times, and have cost £120million.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Apparently the corrupt media kept us from hearing about the all those massive spontaneous pro-Trump rallies.

trumpcrowds.png

Celyn likes this.
  6. andysays

andysays Defiantly non-premium member

Not just corrupt media, but "Corrupt Media". Green ink optional.

Celyn likes this.
  7. bellaozzydog

bellaozzydog rolling turds in glitter

Has anyone ever got him in a room and just said “why do you lie all the time” :D

Celyn, littleseb, Ming and 3 others like this.
  8. DotCommunist

DotCommunist slowtime

its weird seeing a liar who operates solely as if its still 1985 and people won't check, you can't buy all the photos and every cunt isn't recording 24/7. I know why f course, he's long been money-powerful enough to get away with bare faced lying to all and sundry but its still weird.

9. prunus

prunus Mostly gone

The thing is, although they, his supporters, could, they won’t check. They’ll hear the narrative they want to hear, and not question it. So it will become their truth.

mwgdrwg likes this.
  10. krtek a houby

krtek a houby Share knowledge, don't weaponize it

I wish people interviewing him would be more tenacious. His constant stream of lies, bs and gaslighting just makes the head spin :mad::(

11. 8ball

8ball Hetero Sapiens

It doesn't matter. If they were to check it would be "fake news", and if they could see it for themselves they wouldn't care anyway.

People who disparage the phrase "post truth" on the basis that the press and politicians have always lied have just failed to grasp the meaning of the term.

SpookyFrank and prunus like this.
  12. Jeremiah18.17

Jeremiah18.17 Well-Known Member

This is where we are, in 2019. Logic, reason, science, evidence all optional extras for those with power and their cheerleaders. “All that is solid....etc” as someone once wrote.

8ball likes this.
  13. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman It's all good, man

They probably just sent over a yellow wig and a pile of rotting, festering orange pulp, and reassembled it after it cleared customs.

14. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Self-cleaning oven, the whole bit.

He doesn't lie, he just doesn't understand that reality is not actually required to be whatever he says it is.

Celyn likes this.
  15. 8ball

8ball Hetero Sapiens

I think there's a little of that, but it's more that he doesn't understand the degree to which people (outside the oddest part of his fanbase) expect what he says to be consistent with reality, or with what he said five minutes ago, or what is clearly going on around him.
    I also think he confuses factual TV shows with fictional ones, and has memory issues which are getting steadily worse.

16. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

I had an idea for a gameshow/politics program based around QT. Same format except all the panel are wired up to an electricity grid and all the audience have a two button hand held device with ‘lie?’ and ‘truth?’ on the buttons. The more of the audience press ‘lie’ the greater the voltage (and if they all press ‘lie’ the panel member’s chair drops through the floor into a shark tank). I think it’s a winner. I’m pitching it to Channel 5.

vanya, wiskey, Yossarian and 2 others like this.
  17. littlebabyjesus

littlebabyjesus one of Maxwell's demons

Thing is, being like that has reflected back at him the undeniable reality that he has become the president of the US. That's some serious reinforcement.

8ball and SpookyFrank like this.
  18. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Moderator, 5 minutes into the first show: "OK, well, we're going to have to cut this short because all of our contestants have been eaten by sharks. You know, maybe you should have let them speak before pressing your buttons, these people deserve a chance to have their say."

(Moderator drops through the floor into shark tank)

Duncan2, prunus, Ming and 1 other person like this.
  19. likesfish

likesfish an angry pretend soldier shooting at seagulls

how are we going to get the south Georgia ring road complete if all the "volunteers" are shark bait? and what about the problem of obese sharks :)

Ming and Yossarian like this.
  20. likesfish

likesfish an angry pretend soldier shooting at seagulls

it was 41 guns and the dropshorts had one task!

21. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

You're being cynical.