TroyCouncil moves to evict "outsourced" council worker and family out of home at xmas

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by articul8, Dec 27, 2010.

1. articul8

articul8 Dishonest sociopath

2. articul8

that should have read "Tory Council" of course :mad:

3. Quartz

Quartz Eclectic contrarian plebeian

That's really shitty.

He's not been fired or quit, has he? They can't unilaterally change his terms & conditions of employment.

I wonder if the anger may be misplaced? His contract of employment is now with Quadrant, so surely it's up to them to find him accommodation?

4. nino_savatte

nino_savatte No pasaran!

This is par for the course with Hammersmith & Fulham council. The Dear Leader, Stephen Greenhalgh has gone on record as saying he wants more rich people to move to the borough. He's also doing "all he can to help the [Toby Young's] West London Free school find premises" in H&F.

5. articul8

I'm not sure - the Tories have been out to undermine the TUPE provisions so they can use outsourcing to drive down pay and conditions

6. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

out of curiosity, is it a free school?

7. ernestolynch

ernestolynch Banned Banned

8. laptop

laptop Freudenschade

And there was me hoping for a story about an eviction involving a wooden horse :(

9. trevhagl

trevhagl Famous author , company CEO

absolute cunts but whaddya expect from a Tory council?

10. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

I suppose it would depend on whether that house was part of his contract (ie: if its an attached house like some caretakers have, which it could be if he is a gardener at Ravenscourt Park), or whether they are just required to provide accomodation, though one imagines that the best (and probably cheapest, though the council are no doubt looking to flog it given where it is and he would probably get a lot more in housing benefit than he would have got for this) way of dealing with it would be to just have Quadrant continue to pay the council his rent on that property. That does sort of lead on to the question of who actually rented the property off the council, what the rental terms were and whether sufficient notice has been given.

Still a very shitty way for them to act, though as many have said already this is typical of them (councils generally, not just Tory ones).

11. nino_savatte

nino_savatte No pasaran!

Yep, that's exactly what's happened in this case.