Travelling from the UK to the USA with a criminal record

Discussion in 'New York/US' started by slish66, Apr 26, 2006.

1. River Plate

River Plate New Member

Many thanks for the reassurance joustmaster.

2. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

for someone who claims to have read through the entire thread you haven't learnt much.

pogofish likes this.
  3. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

aye, well... people spend a thousands on hols, then get a panic on.

4. River Plate

River Plate New Member

Why the negativity? If you have nothing to offer in terms of advice then why not just leave it there?

The last time I asked a couple of years ago, the trip was in the pipeline. Now it's different, it's been booked and paid for.

I suppose when you get to that stage the doubts and concerns start to creep in, besides some of the advice on here is not recent and I am not sure how much immigration control has moved on from that point.

5. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

it pretty mad that u75 became a national resource for this though :D

Mrs Miggins likes this.
  6. River Plate

River Plate New Member

I used to read Ex-pats before I stumbled across this forum.

The views differ but u75 seems pretty consistent with what is likely to happen where there are different views on ex-pats.

7. TruXta

TruXta tired

Disregard 1927, he's just a grumpy cunt. Unless you're telling us porky pies you should be fine.

I was bricking it the first time I went with undeclared moral turpitude weighing on my conscience :hmm: never had a problem, been over several times since.

8. existentialist

existentialist # #A52A2A

The reason for the negativity is that anyone who has followed this thread for any length of time knows the pattern. Which is, I have to say, exactly the pattern that your posts have followed. People get jaundiced. Some are just more or less polite about it, is all.

1927 likes this.
  9. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Not a grumpy cunt, just fed up like lots of people are here with giving advice that is constantly ignored or questioned just cos their case is unique, in their eyes.

10. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Space/time supply indicators near to zero

NEW POSTERS TIP: dont, whatever the fuck, provide any detailed itiniery of your trip or provide anything that could identify you.

trashpony and existentialist like this.
  11. Harry Smiles

Harry Smiles Well-Known Member

And I don't think anyone's mentioned it, but tick no on the form

Charlie Manson likes this.
  12. River Plate

River Plate New Member

I take it you mean on here not-bono-ever?

13. TruXta

TruXta tired

Yep. There have been people seemingly posting under their real name.

14. River Plate

River Plate New Member

Thank feck for that I thought for a minute there he meant to immigration!!

You don't see an issue with me having booked the flight and hotels with BA then because they'll have a detailed itiniery and all of my personal information?

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Just ignore the thread then because it's always going to be worried people with similar cases posting up similar questions. I don't mind popping in to repeat myself from time to time.

Charlie Manson and River Plate like this.
  16. Isaac Hunt

Isaac Hunt Don't applaud, I'm a God, not a superstar.

Slightly off-topic: just out of interest, I got my police certificate sent to me, and it said "No trace"...which is I think is bollocks because I've been in bother before (fined £50 for slapping some cunt that had hit my sister and fined £50 for peeing in the street), so I thought it would come up "No live trace"? Anyone had this?

For the avoidance of doubt, I am not asking about ESTAs or Visas etc., I'm totally comfortable continuing to tick "No" to all questions...I'm just curious about the certificate, that's all. :thumbs:

Carry on.