1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Travelling from the UK to the USA with a criminal record

Discussion in 'New York/US' started by slish66, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Reekydeeky

Reekydeeky CrystalXXX

Thanks!! Will post if it works out or not!

trashpony likes this.
  2. JASONMARTIN

JASONMARTIN Member

do think USA with stop me at border when i fly from UK. Bcos i Said on the E-visa for Canada that i was arrested and sent them my police certificate and that was rejected.

USA share records with CANADA on evisa so it would show up on the USA border PC when i give them passport ?

3. pizzasocks

pizzasocks New Member

I got arrested for possession of Class A and B and for taking a car without the owner's permission although I didn't commit any of the crimes above, unfortunately I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and was put in custody and then released hours later with no charges.

I was flapping in panic a few days beforehand when I read on the embassy site that they say it is not recommended to travel with an ESTA even if you have been arrested with no charges. I looked at this forum and did what you guys suggested.

I got in with no issues at all. All they will do is ask you questions on why you are coming to USA and a little about your background, they asked me:

"Why are you coming to USA?" - Holiday
    "How long are you staying for? - 2 weeks
    "Are you with anyone today?" - With my friends
    "What do you do for a living?" - explained my job

One thing I do recommend is to keep your phone away until you get past security, they stopped my friend and asked the same sort of questions.

ddraig likes this.