Transfers - Summer 2018

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Moroccan Sunset, May 11, 2018.

1. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

... And we're off! Nana's left to join Concord Rangers.

2. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Was he under contract with us does anyone know?

3. YTC

YTC Human Man

He was, they run out after play offs. Sammy Moore moved from Leatherhead to Concord and Nana was one of their best players when he went their on loan. Not a surprise really.

Pink Panther and B.I.G like this.
  4. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Last time I heard something about contracts at this level, was that after the contract runs out, we still are due a fee. I thought with emphasis on thought, this is why we got money for Erhun whose contract expired and then he went to Peterborough.

But maybe that was just a voluntary fee.

5. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Depends on age, if under 24. Sometimes you can just waive it if it's small...the fee, not the player! :)

6. GregDHFC

GregDHFC Well-Known Member

Bit disappointing to lose him to another club at the same level, but he was only going to be on the bench for us so best of luck to him (except for 2 games this season).

7. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Most of this season's side were under contract which is why we were unable to just release players when Meadow pulled out.

As for Nana, he couldn' make the bench for the Play Off games and was sent on loan at a crucial stage of the season. Reality is that showed he was not in Gavin's plans.

Pink Panther and B.I.G like this.
  8. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Hates Meadow Residential

Leatherhead have appointed Nikki Bull as their new manager. We gave him some stick when he was goalkeeper for Margate. But he stuck with them when he was the manager and the player budget was being cut. It appears Margate treated him really badly. I wish him well.

9. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

Nikki wrote an article about his time at Margate that is worth a read. A few of my friends know him from his days at Aldershot, he's supposed to be a really nice bloke.

My time at Margate – where do I start?

Buffalo Bill likes this.
  10. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

I guess the travel some games might by a problem for the players that have other jobs. The extra travelling time for midweek games would be a concern for me.

11. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Possibly but there are factors to mitigate against this. Only 42 matches instead of the 46 we had in the Isthmian, season starts a week earlier, don't enter the FA Cup until a round later. All this means a lot of games are packed into the first 6 weeks with local fixtures played in midweek before there's any risk of cup runs and weather disrupting the fixture list. A lot of the current players have already played in this division with other clubs.

12. pinknblue

pinknblue Well-Known Member

We also enter the FA Trophy 2 rounds later, in the 3rd Q round.

I notice Billericay have released a whole load of their players, including Billy Bricknell.

clog and Pink Panther like this.
  13. Scrooge

Scrooge Well-Known Member

Weathers has just announced on Facebook he’s leaving the club

14. Pthorne

Pthorne Active Member

Bloody loved Weathers :(

15. cg__

cg__ New Member

nooooooooo that's a shame. Looks like the extra travel may be too much for some

16. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

17. ForwardHamlet

ForwardHamlet Well-Known Member

Yeah... would expect at least a few more to leave for this reason.