1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfers - Summer 2017

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Moroccan Sunset, May 29, 2017.

1. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

Sadly rather predictable as well. An agent trying to force a move via trials is never a substitute from performing consistently on the pitch and getting a move with a decent amount of experience and success under your belt. Ethan and Erhun had two great years at Dulwich and got great moves for them that were earned. Sekaja had two great months and was clearly not ready for the step up to league football... Conference is probably too much of a stretch as well. He would have been far better off getting a full season under his belt, and 20-25 goals with us. His loss. Faal's gain. Wouldn't be surprised to see him at Merstham by Christmas.

Noss, darryl, YTC and 3 others like this.
  2. mick mccartney

mick mccartney Well-Known Member

pretty presumptuous about a bloke's career . surely he has to seize his chance when he can . of all the guys who have moved on from Dulwich , only Erhun has made it in the football league , and he was a class above anyone else here anyway . and perhaps you'd like to tell me how staying at Dulwich has furthered Nyren's career ?

3. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Well I think pompeydunc's point is that he was sold the idea of a chance he could seize more than there actually being one, which I'd have to agree with tbh. I don't think anyone would blame a player for taking a move to a league team where they're actually offered one.

As far as Nyren goes I think with all due respect to him he's not a league standard player. I think we're about his level and his staying around works for both parties.

darryl and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  4. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone's disputing the guy's right to take the chance at stepping up - more a case of suggesting his method of going about it doesn't seem to have been the most effective. I reckon he'd have far better opportunities coming his way if he was scoring goals for us and putting himself in the shop window, than floating around as a free agent and hoping to impress as a trialist. It's a pity, as I think we're really struggling to replace him.

I don't know what Nyren's situation is but maybe he's just happy where he is? I'm sure he could have stepped up a level by now if he really wanted to (although I don't think he'd ever reach Football League standard).

5. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Nyren > Messi (shite)

6. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Also he pays his taxes.

scousedom likes this.
  7. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Nyren > Tamplin (crook)

Monkeygrinder's Organ likes this.
  8. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

I know he wasn’t with us long (9 games, 4 goals) but Panutche Camará seems to be getting a bit of game time with Crawley Town in League 2. Pity his only goal was in a 5-1 League Cup defeat by Birmingham. Along with the pre-season ones he scored against us of course :rolleyes:

YTC likes this.
  9. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

If Luke Wanadio can play in the National League, I’m fairly sure Nyren could. And once there, who knows.

10. YTC

YTC Human Man

aaaaaand Ibra has signed with Bognor...

11. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Might keep them up. Shame.