1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfers - Summer 2017

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Moroccan Sunset, May 29, 2017.

1. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Needs confidence. Should stay :)

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  2. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

Gutted to see Drage go. I felt he was our best defender. Excited to see the new pair though. They'll need to be able to gel quickly.

3. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

Shame to see Drage go, but would guess for all the distribution and bringing the ball out with grace and poise, the management team ran out of patience with the frequency of defensive lapses. Both Hayles and Acheampong are defenders first and foremost, so would expect what we lose in creativity from the back, we'll make up for in defensive solidity. Well impressed with both signings.

Pink Panther, Poids and YTC like this.
  4. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Good signings.

YTC likes this.
  5. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

The Tank is back on the market. No? Ok.

6. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

To replace panutche :( he has gone up in the world.

Jules P likes this.
  7. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Crawley friendly makes perfect sense now.

8. JTee

JTee Well-Known Member

Gah. That's a shame. Was looking forward to seeing him over the next season! Good move but have to wonder how much game time he'll get there - probably get loaned out?

9. Jules P

Jules P #noprestonnoparty

And to think, he was 'unveiled' as the Danny Carr replacement back in Jan at a rainy, miserable Canvey Island where we lost 1-0. Although the real highlight was Kargbo elbowing their number 8 in the windpipe when the referee wasn't looking. For literally no discernible reason.

Anyway, good luck to Camara- seemed to have a really good bond with Gavin Rose.

10. AveryDave

Yep, that's a shame. Was likewise looking forward to seeing him next season, one of those players that seems to play at a different rhythm and tempo to the opposition, and capable of creating for himself and others as a result. Sounds like there's something coming back to the club for him though, even if just the friendly.

Some definite holes to be filled upfront now - anyone got Laurent Hamici's phone number?

pompeydunc likes this.
  11. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

We have Dumaka and Tomlin afaik.

12. AveryDave

And hopefully Sekajja as well, but if we learned anything from last season, I'd hope it's you need more than three decent strikers in the squad to challenge.

B.I.G likes this.
  13. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

One of the Moroccan Sunset persuasion I see.

I'm happy with anyone played up front.

14. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Why? We also have an ex-Crawley player playing for us, with good contacts there...could be for a variety of reasons.

15. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Does seem a bit creepy though.

Cyclodunc likes this.
  16. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Active Member

As Mishi highlights and from speaking with Gav this morning, the home friendlies against Crawley, Palace, Brentford and Orient were organised due to his and the coaching team's contacts at those clubs, not because of the Panutche transfer

AndyF and B.I.G like this.
  17. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Classic Mishi.

18. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

What's 'classic'...me pointing out the error of your postings? Fair enough... ;)

19. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

20. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Active Member

Didn't get given the finalised list of players unfortunately as there is still one player still unconfirmed as staying at club, Gav says we might find out this week which players have stayed though

Dulwich Mishi and Jules P like this.
  21. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I think they're actually cousins, not brothers. Both played against us for Bury Town shortly before we signed Joe.

Dowson was already at Hampton before they released him to join us, so doubt he';ll go back there. He lost his place to Moussa Diarra, the giant French-African who scored about 15 goals in Hampton's championship winning season and is now at Barrow, having also played against us for Hemel Hempstead in the FA Cup tie a few years back.

Drage is a gifted ball-playing centre back (certainly much more so than Diarra) and I suspect Gavin felt he could really improve him, but maybe after the way Weatherstone improved over the course of last season he feels he need a bit more steel at the back - or as someone said a few posts back, "defenders who can defend". Hayles and Acheampong sound like winners, who have won play-offs with other clubs a couple of seasons back. Hayles looked especially solid partnering Joe Ellul against us for ETU a couple of seasons back.

22. Son of Roy

Son of Roy I know yoos beta than yoos know yooselfs

Griff regarding the Panutche Camara transfer to Crawley Town article on the Dulwich website. Why does it show a photo of Nyren?

23. Cyclodunc

Oh dear

YTC likes this.
  24. Cyclodunc

Gutted Panutche's gone. Was looking forward to the prospect of him playing regularly next season. Clearly destined for a higher level. Best of luck to him and his translator!

takkforalt and YTC like this.
  25. Griff_Turnstile

Wrong set of eyes in this morning! Sorry..

26. Griff_Turnstile

pompeydunc likes this.
  27. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

SPOILER ALERT:

Weatherstone has confirmed on the Twitter that he's signed up for another season.

AndyF, Moroccan Sunset, B.I.G and 6 others like this.
  28. YTC

YTC Human Man

RMW has moved to St. Albans as apparently there's more snapchat banter there than round 'ere.

AveryDave and B.I.G like this.
  29. YTC

YTC Human Man

RETAINED PLAYERS FOR 17/18 SEASON:

Edwards
    Weatherstone
    Chambers
    Kargbo
    Carew
    Beaney
    Ming
    Green