1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trade unionists and orgreave truth & justice campaign

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Pickman's model, May 9, 2016.

1. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

i don't know how many of the union reps here are aware of the orgreave truth and justice campaign Orgeave Truth and Justice Campaign -, but i hope all of you will join me in proposing to our branches donations to this worthy cause.

2. Mr.Bishie

Mr.Bishie we want snow! we want snow! we want snow!

Will be raising this at branch meeting next month.

No Justice No Peace.

Sprocket. and Pickman's model like this.
  3. Hocus Eye.

Hocus Eye. Snap, crop, scrap crap

It's about time Orgreave was investigated. I am surprised to find myself praising Burnham for raising this issue in Parliament recently. Even Blairites can do good sometimes.

Pickman's model likes this.
  4. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Eyes Full of Tinsel and Fire!

Orgreave inquiry calls grow after damning Hillsborough verdict for police

Two blows to SYP in one day. I have mates who still have scars on their heads and missing teeth thanks to the assault they faced that day.
    One close friend spent six weeks in Armley for breaking his bail conditions and attending the mass picket.
    Others spent hours sat on floors covered in vomit and blood at Rotherham police station.
    As Mr.Bishie posted above.
    No Justice. No Peace.

5. Draygo

Draygo New Member

SYP -they're on the back foot, their reputation already in the mud. People are more receptive than ever to the truth about their corruption and violence. Now's the time to keep up the offensive against them.

Mr.Bishie likes this.
  6. eatmorecheese

eatmorecheese Rt Hon. Thingummy

Thanks for this Pickman's model . Will raise in Branch Committee next month, there's some momentum now and we need to keep up the pressure.

7. laptop

laptop Freudenschade

Ditto. Ta.

8. laptop

laptop Freudenschade

Btw, have the rape apologists tried to take it over yet?

9. Sprocket.

I think the statement by Tebbit says it all. How much hatred that man holds towards people fighting for their livelihoods and communities.
    Damn the man. Those who follow in his political footsteps will feel exactly the same when the cameras leave.
    A curse on their houses.

pogofish likes this.
  10. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

I'm not sure I've ever read an interview before with Lesley Boulton, the woman who famously featured beneath the copper's cosh in this Orgreave picture

[​IMG]

but what she says is massively interesting.

(Apologies if I've bumped the wrong thread)

11. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

ANNUAL ORGREAVE RALLY – SATURDAY 17th JUNE 2017

Come along and support the Annual Orgreave Rally organised by the Orgreave Truth and Justice Campaign, commemorating the 33rd anniversary of the events at Orgreave.

Meet at 1:00pm
    Saturday 17th June 2017
    Orgreave Lane,
    Sheffield
    S13 9NE

Please bring banners and placards.

March with us through Orgreave and support our call for a Public Inquiry for Truth and Justice for Striking Miners brutalised by police at the Orgreave Coking Plant on 18th June 1984.

12. Sprocket.

Yes, I am hoping to be there, I saw the posters outside SYP headquarters on Nunnery Square on Wednesday!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    Mr.Bishie and Pickman's model like this.