Tottenham Hotspur 2019/20

Discussion in 'football' started by Cerberus, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

#pochout?
    Everyone out?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    Pickman's model likes this.
  2. CosmikRoger

CosmikRoger Well-Known Member

I can't see Poch going anywhere other than Real or Psg, and both those jobs aren't available for the time being.
    Wouldn't be too disappointed if Erikssen went, he's looked uninterested for a while now, but losing Super Jan would be a blow.
    It's been pretty poor football for a while, doesn't help having the highest paid chairman in the premier league not wanting to spend any money on anything other than his shopping centre project.

Badgers likes this.
  3. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Big 6pt game today then. NL Derby always a big deal of course, but Spurs really need a win or likely will be bottom half by close of the day.

Arsenal win puts them 3rd so pride at stake too.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    Pickman's model and ska invita like this.
  4. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

Im not expecting much...something feels a bit unsettled at spurs atm.

Badgers likes this.
  5. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Yeah. It is a bit troubling.

Not much love for Levy and Poch seems to be fed up which must be affecting the dressing room.

6. Zapp Brannigan

Zapp Brannigan Built like a steakhouse, handles like a bistro

Bottom half means nothing after 4 games. What does matter is 8 points off the top, 6 off City and behind the teams who should be our direct rivals (the other 3 and potentially the likes of Leicester, Everton, Wolves who at least harbour ambitions of breaking into the top 6).

Liverpool and City will barely drop 15 points all season, while it's a bit optimistic to say we should be challenging them for the title we should be looking to be in the conversation for as long as possible - as we were last season, only 5 points or so well after halfway (I seem to remember being 2 points back after 23ish games but games in hand mess with that particular memory).

The Newcastle game was a massive fuck up, it's a "pools panel home win" every time but we didn't show up and they earned it. If we were on 7 points from 9 including away at City there's no talk of a crisis, quite the opposite - so yeah, we fucked up but it's only 1 game and everyone will have their fuck up at some point (Crystal Palace, 3-2 at the Etihad anyone?).

Just got to make sure it is only the one game then...

COYS!

Badgers likes this.
  7. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Good points Zapp.

Prediction for today?

8. Pickman's model

Pickman's model every man and every woman is a star

There's something rotten in the state of tottenham

Badgers likes this.
  9. Pickman's model

One out all out :thumbs:

Badgers likes this.
  10. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

I am expecting an ill tempered, injury filled, goalless draw with both managers sent to the stands hoping the sport of football is the winner today.

Pickman's model and planetgeli like this.
  11. Zapp Brannigan

Man for man we're better than them - they have potentially a great front 3 but they haven't all played together yet, midfield is decent but more functional than exciting, and their defence is poor.

Our defence is up to task (especially if Vertonghen plays). Midfield we'll miss Ndombele but Winks and Sissoko can hold their own, ably assisted by (hopefully) Eriksen and/or Dele. We should create chances and with Lucas, Son and Kane available should stick one or two away.

As ever on derby day though, it's less about who is better and more about who wins more of the battles.

2-1, tense away win.

Badgers likes this.
  12. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

I was thinking the Arse might nick it 2-1

A draw would not surprise. I suppose it depends which (of either) team turns up today.

13. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Here we go Spuds

14. Zapp Brannigan

My stream seems to be about 2 mins slow, so I'd appreciate if you could all factor in an appropriate delay before announcing anything important.

Badgers likes this.
  15. Zapp Brannigan

Niche reference from 2005.

I'd swear Paul Stalteri just scored against West Ham. Identikit.

Badgers likes this.
  16. Zapp Brannigan

Fucksticks

17. Pickman's model

:D

Badgers likes this.
  18. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member