Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tottenham Hotspur 2019/20

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
That was an awful game to watch :rolleyes: still some positives to take at least.
First clean sheet away from home in the league since Moussa Dembele left.
Although.

Tottenham have failed to score in 3 consecutive PL games for the 1st time since November 2013 :hmm:

Plus.

Tottenham's first away clean sheet in the Premier League since New Year's Day 2019.

Also.

Tottenham’s last 6 Premier League games without Harry Kane:

3 draws
3 losses
4 games without scoring

Last edited:

yield

zero
Poor match. Missed the first twenty minutes. Still don't think that should've been a penalty as there was no intent.

A draw was a fair result for me. Especially as I was watching with a Spurs fan

Cerberus

Uptown top wankin
Poor game, lacking in quality.

The rebuild is underway but it may get worse before it gets better and it’s gonna be painful at times...

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Real Sociedad striker Willian José is very close to signing for #thfc. Spurs will pay a figure close to €50M.

:hmm:

Cerberus

Uptown top wankin
Well time will tell whether that will go down as a catalyst for better performances or just a scrappy win over the worst team in the league...

Lo Celso was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch tonight. Honourable mentions for Aurier and Winks (until he was crocked). Despite their goals, Son and Dele were poor. The less said about Erikssen the better (other than please go now..).

Cantwell started well for Norwich but faded. Max Aarons impressed against a nervous looking Sessegnon. Lucky Beunia wasn’t playing...

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Away to Southampton in the FA Cup. Tough game likely, Southampton are on a good run and Ings is scoring for fun.

The39thStep

Eriksen was on £75k a week at Spurs, they offered to double that to try and get him to stay . He's now on 320m euros at Inter plus a 16m signing on fee.

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Eriksen was on £75k a week at Spurs, they offered to double that to try and get him to stay . He's now on 320m euros at Inter plus a 16m signing on fee.
Shame for the PL he is going. Shame for Spurs too as he is probably the best midfielder they have had.

Has been a misery for the last year through. Should have cashed in and sold him earlier but there you are.

Zapp Brannigan

Built like a steakhouse, handles like a bistro
I'm still surprised he's gone to Inter. Eriksen is every bit good enough to play for Barca, Real, Bayern or Juve - or City or Liverpool for that matter. When he's on song (i.e. most of the past decade except for the last 12 months) there's at most a tiny handful of players better at what he does. De Bruyne, and that's about it - Iniesta, Silva and Modric were but not any more.

Cerberus

Uptown top wankin
Yesterday’s game: both encouraging and hugely frustrating in equal measure. GLC beginning to run games (his break to set up the goal was class). Son could’ve had a hat trick. And then we start to give the ball away and drop deeper and deeper before conceding the obvious goal, 3 minutes from the 5th round. Fucking annoying but there you go. That’s where we are right now...trying to find a style, trying to rebuild, trying to find form.

Erikssen - gave great service for ‘most’ of his stay. At his best, he was the link that freed up Kane, Dele and Son. Could pick a pass, score from long range and was always high up on the assist charts. Couldn’t beat the first bloody man at corners though! The last year has been hard work though. Despite not whingeing in the press and apparently still training hard, his performances have been insipid and weak. I think it came as a shock to him that neither RM or Barca were interested in the summer.

The club appear to be close to signing their second player of the window - Steven Bergwijn -who I know nothing about (yet). Still no striker or DM though...,

Cerberus

Uptown top wankin
Who knows? I try to avoid all the speculation in the press/online - my 16yr old usually fills in the blanks for me.

With this lad Bergwijn (if he comes) plus Son, Moura, GLC, Dele and Lamela all occupying those attacking midfielder/wide player slots I’m not sure be a priority. (There’s also the difficulty over his wages etc)

We are crying out for a Defensive Midfielder - someone to sit in front of the back four, effectively breaking up attacks and moving the ball on swiftly and effectively - and a striker to fill in for Kane. Wish we’d given more game time to young Oliver Skipp as I think he could do the latter eventually and Troy Parrot as a striker but I don’t think Jose wants them in the side at this stage. Think either one or both will go out on loan.

Of less urgency but still on the wish list are a couple of full backs.

Leaving the club this week should also be: Eriksen, Wanyama, Rose, KWP and maybe Foyth (on loan)

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Rose off too?

At least there is sole transfer action happening for Spurs this window. Maybe a couple more players coming in.

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Spurs vs Citeh
Jose vs Pep

Big game for Spurs today!
Leicester, Chelsea, Man Utd and Wolves dropping points yesterday.
Also important to keep Arsenal behind you!

Confident? Predictions?

Cerberus

Uptown top wankin
Slowly making my way to WHL. Not particularly confident to be honest. Both sides haven’t been defending very well of late (all season?) but Citeh have far more firepower than us to exploit gaping holes and brain farts...

Prediction - There will be goals and I’d make Man City v strong favourites

Cerberus

Uptown top wankin
I know what your saying but we’ve been all over the place defensively. Plus our record v top 6 is woeful...

our two worst performances thus far under Jose were a 1-2 loss at OT (vs a poor Utd) and 0-2 at home v Chelsea (we were limp that day)...I expected more from a side coached and motivated by him tbh

hence not being confident today