Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tottenham Hotspur 2019/20

pinkychukkles

Feed Your Head
'Cept if we get a winning run, then you can be sure I'll be tapping up my mates who have season tickets "just in case" they can't make any matches… brush up on my football bloke talk and get darrrn the new stadium like

Cerberus

Uptown top wankin
Been a while since posting on here. Suffice to say that much has happened since August to the benefit of probably only Amazon Prime...

Even Jose looks fed up and rueful.

Although Poch probably needed the break when it came, the fact that neither him or Mourinho have managed to get a tune out of this squad is telling.

I’m a ST holder and have been bored for most of the season.

Not much desire, hunger or appetite on show. Added to that, they (individually and as a squad) are not as good as they (or we) think they are..

Many Spurs fans have written the season off already. No way we are getting 4th; waiting to be knocked out of the CL. A Cup run would be a nice distraction.

Fan base haven’t made their minds up about the new manager yet. Two transfer windows and a preseason should be ample time to form a view

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
It must be hard to find positives in the short term.

Kane out for (probably) 3-6 weeks. Ndombele (£60m) off injured again and Mourinho calling him out to the press after a loss. Inconsistency throughout the squad.

Mourinho getting booked and insulting other teams to the press.

The main concern is what Levy will do in the transfer market in January and summer. Who will stay/go and is the club an attractive prospect for much needed players?

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Many Spurs fans have written the season off already. No way we are getting 4th; waiting to be knocked out of the CL. A Cup run would be a nice distraction.
You never know with cup runs...

Can't see Spurs progressing past SF in the CL at best sorry to say. There will be some better sides pinning their hopes on the FA Cup for silverware too.

Cerberus

Uptown top wankin
It must be hard to find positives in the short term.

Kane out for (probably) 3-6 weeks. Ndombele (£60m) off injured again and Mourinho calling him out to the press after a loss. Inconsistency throughout the squad.

Mourinho getting booked and insulting other teams to the press.

The main concern is what Levy will do in the transfer market in January and summer. Who will stay/go and is the club an attractive prospect for much needed players?

Yes...this will be interesting. We’ll see just what a draw Jose is to aspiring players. Not sure what plans, if any, Levy has of splashing the cash - he’s hardly renowned for it.

with the naming rights for WHL up for grabs still and with a ‘product’ (yuk) underperforming and no longer in the top European competition I wonder if Levy/Lewis will be tempted to break the bank on players or look for some kind of blood-stained petro-chemical criminal/cartel to come and buy the club?

on the pitch - N’Dombele has been a joke. Undoubtedly talented but for some reason (overweight/cant adapt to the rigors/injury prone) can’t put in 90 minutes and now can’t even train!

if we signed one player it’d be a defensive midfielder in the Kante mould (yes I know they are rare)
If we signed two I’d add a RB
If we signed three I’d add a striker

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Managed to scrape a draw against Boro at least :)

Reading this morning that both the Manc clubs are sniffing around Harry Winks :hmm: He does not seem to be getting much play under Mourinho at the moment but I quite rated him. Source for this is The Athletic which seems more credible than most the press nonsense.
Harry Winks is wanted by both Manchester United and Manchester City. The former want to sign him this month whilst the latter are planning a summer move. [The Athletic]

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Tottenham have agreed a deal worth £28m for AC Milan forward Krzysztof Piatek, according to a few sources.

Sounds like Eriksen is close to signing with Inter Milan. Not sure if that will be for now or a summer move.

Cerberus

Uptown top wankin
Standard Levy posture...haggle for weeks, announce the deal is off.

I’d be hiding behind the sofa if I was watching the game at home in TV later. However, as I’m a ST holder am meeting up at lunchtime in the pub prior to the game. Will need to be half cut at least by kick off...

Cerberus

Uptown top wankin
On the way home from the game...plenty of chat about it before, during and after - most of it pissed up drivel.

Short version is: shame to see my/our club play like this but circumstances dictate. LFC not out of 2nd gear.,However, plenty of ours ran their socks off and gave everything - NOT Erikssen, who should be outed ASAP. Congrats to Japhet on his debut. May it be the first of many young man.

In the meantime, it’s incredible to see the drop off in the last year. A shambles of a ‘team’....

Big rebuild needed requiring patience and money (Daniel...£)

The39thStep

Gedson Fernandes is set to join José Mourinho's Spurs on a 1.5 year loan deal with a non-compulsory buying option of €50m [A Bola]

I wrote a bit about him on the West Ham thread as it looked like he might be going there:

Be interesting to see a) if West ham do sign Gedson on loan from Benfica and b) if so how he performs in the EPL. Very versatile hard working midfielder( with some CL and Europa League experience) team player, he defends and attacks well, passing good, movement good and has got the odd goal . Not scared to rough it looks quite slight but thats deceptive as he has lots of determination and some strength. He's in a queue to try and break full time into what is an overcrowded Benfica midfield esepcially due to the unexpected revival of Adel Taarabt. Benfica also have a model as a selling club where good promising youngsters ie Joa Felix, Renato Sanchez are flogged off often at somewhat inflated prices despite needing a bit of development .Benfica cant really lose with this as the loan will add value to any future transfer. For West ham its a bit of a gamble as the tempo and tactics of the game in the EPL are very different from the Portuguese League and hes not the finished product . West Ham fans will need to be a bit patient with his development but if he signs I hope he does well.