Tottenham Hotspur 2019/20

Discussion in 'football' started by Cerberus, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Cerberus

Cerberus Uptown top wankin

New season new thread

N’Dombele and Clarke in. Many more rumoured - Lo Celso, Sessegnon and even Dybala - we’ll see...

Tripps gone

Still mulling over the CL final defeat. First home game v Villa might go some way to putting the disappointment of 1st June behind us.

COYS

passenger, Zapp Brannigan and Badgers like this.
  2. Zapp Brannigan

Zapp Brannigan Built like a steakhouse, handles like a bistro

Sessegnon will be in if and when Danny Rose leaves. I think Poch didn't like that our regular back 4 last year were 28 (Trippier), 30 (Toby), 32 (SuperJan) and 28 (Rose), age catches up eventually so time for a freshen up. There might be a new RB as well, depends if Poch fancies giving Walker-Peters the gig cos Aurier is a bit hit and miss.

Lo Celso is rumoured in case Eriksen leaves, and because we love Argentines at Spurs. After Ricky Villa and Ossie (also Taricco, remember him?) we already have 3 in Foyth, Gazzaniga and Lamela - Lo Celso and Dybala would fit nicely and virtually guarantee Messi signing shortly afterwards.

passenger likes this.
  3. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

Anyone watching the Audi Cup on 24 on Freeview, Spurs v Bayern Munich?

Badgers likes this.
  4. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

2-2 :eek:

Pickman's model and Argonia like this.
  5. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

Penalties to decide it

6. Zapp Brannigan

Trophy. First of many this season :thumbs:

7. steveo87

steveo87 Procrastinating for....a while

Moira's confident...

Badgers likes this.
  8. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

First trophy :D

MrSki and Badgers like this.
  9. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

10. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

I've heard a scurrilous rumour that there was a lap of honour. :hmm:

Badgers likes this.
  11. Cerberus

Well I’ve ordered the DVD...and I’ll be at the parade on Sunday..

tommers and Badgers like this.
  12. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Bit of late transfer action at the Lane :eek:

Pickman's model likes this.
  13. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

So is Eriksen staying?

14. Cerberus

For another couple of weeks, maybe.

My guess is that there wasn’t the interest in him from La Liga / Serie A that he/his agents/THFC expected.

For all the talk of his stats - assists/goals etc - he hasn’t looked interested for some time now...

15. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

I thought him and Danny Rose would both be out the door :hmm:

No doubt he is (can be) a great player but it is hard having a player that *really* wants to leave. I suspect (if they stay) players like Eriksen, Zaha, Neymar and Coutinho will all be expensive problems until January at least.

16. CosmikRoger

CosmikRoger Well-Known Member

Looking forward to kick off this evening. Have faith in Poch to keep up the pressure on Citeh even though he gets hamstrung every transfer window by the bald twat.
    NDombele is almost a like for like remplacement for Moussa, shame it came two years after it was needed, we've been chasing Sessegnon for two years until we could get him on the cheap and I have never see Lo Celso or the lad from Dirty Leeds play so I can't comment.
    I reckon one or both of Erikssen and Rose will be off before the end of the transfer deadline so we will be back to a near zero net spend yet again.
    The shopping centre looks good though.
    Woolwich Wanderers will be top 4 this year, Chelsea to miss out. I like fat Frank but they will miss Hazard, United as low as 7th or 8th.
    COYS

Badgers likes this.
  17. Cerberus

Man City and Liverpool have already put down a marker! Not expecting us to be straightforward this afternoon - it’s Spurs after all.

Yeah, I have a horrible feeling that the Woolwich Nomads will be stronger this year. I’m not writing off Man U or Chelsea either.

Son suspended, Foyth injured and suspended. Dele injured. Sess injured. Lo Celso might make the bench but doubtful. Team picks itself almost - only question is over Erikssen and whether he starts or not.

A nervy start I’m predicting

Badgers likes this.
  18. Pickman's model

Pickman's model every man and every woman is a star

Play up villa :thumbs:

Badgers likes this.
  19. Zapp Brannigan

Play up Spurs :thumbs:

Badgers likes this.
  20. Cerberus

And it wasn’t. Missed a couple of sitters v early on and then got caught on the break. McGinn and Grealish had v good first half’s (not so good in the 2nd).

Winks was by far and away our most accomplished player so it was a surprise when he made way for Erikssen. However, this was the ‘game-changer’ and a combination of CE’s guile, the rest battering at the door and Villa hanging on and defending deep delivered Spurs a 3-1 victory which was anything but straightforward!

Lo Celso, Son, Dele and eventually Sess all to come on the attacking front.

Defensively we were undone by a straight long ball. Davinson Sanchez at fault, had a poor game all round. Not sure why Vertonghen wasn’t even in the squad???

Bit of work to do but three points nonetheless

COYS

Badgers likes this.
  21. CosmikRoger

CosmikRoger Well-Known Member

That was pants.
    Either that or City aren't as good as everyone reckons.
    Gonna have to be better than that away to the woolwich franchise in a couple of weeks.
    Coys

Badgers likes this.
  22. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Only 1 point but a valuable one :)

City looked poor but still better than Liverpool, ManUre and Chelski..So far off last seasons form.

23. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

only just saw MOTD highlights but City looked on form there tbh :hmm:

24. Zapp Brannigan

Plus for City - they look brilliant and De Bruyne is one hell of a midfielder, probably the best there is right now.

Minus for City - couldn't put us away and only got a point despite dominating.

Minus for Spurs - we're not as good as them.

Plus for Spurs - great point. First team in 16 matches to stop City from winning, point at an incredibly difficult venue despite not playing well.

Badgers likes this.
  25. Jay Park

Jay Park quasihobo

You got pumped well and truly, so much so that Guardiola said it was one of City’s best turn-outs he’s overseen and Poch said, in as many words, yeah we got turned over.

Well and truly pumped.

Badgers likes this.
  26. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

I got pumped?

27. Cerberus

Luckily the cricket has put yesterday’s debacle at WHL in shade.

Had to tear myself away from the telly and events at Headingley just to get to the ground. Only highlight from Spurs yesterday: they put the last over of cricket on the TV’s in the bars and an impromptu chorus of ‘Barmy Army’ broke out!

Spurs have a lot of problems it seems. Three games in, three poor performances. Right back is a mess having sold Trippier. Feel for KWP but fear he isn’t up to it. No service to Kane. Sanchez at fault again for the goal - while Jan idles on the bench. Lack of creativity. That’s just the start..

On top of that I’m not sure the manager wants to be there. People in the bars after making comparisons with AVB’s style of football - it was turgid and predictable tbf...

None of which should detract from a dogged and determined display from Newcastle. Fair play. Their centre half’s were commanding and Longstaff in midfield impressive

Badgers likes this.
  28. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Watched the 'highlights' last night with three Spurs fans :facepalm: and aside from wailing injustice about the penalty/VAR decision there was little to enjoy.

Some strange tactics from Poch but on paper it should have been an easy win :hmm: thought Kane was off form and it is noticeable how big a loss Eriksen will be if he leaves.

29. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

That was the first I'd seen of Spurs this season, and they were shite. Winks and Son were OK, but the rest were really bad or anonymous.

Badgers likes this.
  30. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Spurs sweat on star’s exit in next few days for £100m less than original price
    Mucky situation this. Letting him go now for £30m ish seems ridiculous and they need him in the squad/team ideally.

If he stays till January transfer window will they get any more/less than they will now? I know Spurs don't want a player who 'wants to leave' but if they can get similar monies in January then surely they will cling on as best they can?

Otherwise he leaves on a free next summer which seems unlikely :hmm: