1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tottenham Hotspur 2017/18 - Spurs are on their way to Wembley

Discussion in 'football' started by Cerberus, Aug 11, 2017 at 8:04 AM.

1. Cerberus

Cerberus Uptown top wankin

Been waiting all summer for someone that get our thread going...

Thought it might happen when we made the first of our big marque signings. As no new players have arrived; we've sold our right-back to league rivals who finished below us; and our left-back (plus the Sun newspaper) are doing their level best to scupper the start of the season...it's with great pessimism (even for a Spurs fan) that I'm kicking this off.

and that's without even mentioning the Wembley curse...

We're doomed...

2. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

If it wasn't for the temporary move to Wembley, I thought it might have been Spurs year. Shame that.

Pickman's model likes this.
  3. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

I understand lasagne not on any Wembley menu this season.

Badgers likes this.
  4. Cerberus

Decent start to the season. Never really out of 2nd gear but did enough after Voldemort's indescretion.

Pleased for KWP getting MoM.

Signings may be on the way. Chelski next.....

5. Pickman's model

yeh let's see if you can do as well as burnley

Badgers likes this.
  6. Cerberus

Yeah well...given the opposition and the venue I won't hold my breath

7. Pickman's model

let's see if you can do as well as arsenal then.

Badgers likes this.
  8. Corax

Corax Read my blog you bastards.

I'd be interested if anyone can explain to me just what Ross Barkley would add to the team.

9. Zapp Brannigan

Zapp Brannigan Built like a steakhouse, handles like a bistro

Dembele is the heart and soul of our team. Strong, not afraid to take the ball under pressure, quick to turn and make 10 yards or so, getting the opposition dropping back and putting us in the front foot. Maybe not so many assists or goals, but involved in most of our play going forward.

He's also 30 with a history of hip problems. Barkley is not exactly the same player (much less solid defensively, hence often played as a no.10) but has some of the same qualities, the ability to carry the ball and turn the opposition. I could easily see him learning the proper midfield position (for Football Manager fans, that's MC rather than DM or AM), and he could easily deputise for either Alli or Eriksen in the support forward roles.

Good result today. Kyle Walker-Peters earned a headline or two, really confident lad.

10. Corax

Corax Read my blog you bastards.

Deputising for Dembele? Two words:

Harry.
    Winks.

11. Zapp Brannigan

Zapp Brannigan Built like a steakhouse, handles like a bistro

Completely agree. But a year or 2 from now, a quartet of Dier / Wanyama, Winks / Barkley looks pretty tasty, and the versatility of Dier and Barkley greatly reduces the issues fof getting enough minutes for all or them.

Corax likes this.
  12. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

More on the wage bill