1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tottenham Hotspur 2016-2017 > COYS

Discussion in 'football' started by chieftain, Jun 7, 2016.

1. chieftain

chieftain Mega Gammon

Off we go again.

COYS

2. Corax

Corax This will change your life: http://bit.ly/19lPFRa

I've finally got it. Spurs aren't a football club at all - we're a daring avant garde conceptual art project. :cool:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    Ted Striker, IC3D and Supine like this.
  3. dsd

dsd Member

Is it 100% that this is the last season at (this ) ground? Or is it more: thats the plan , probably last season but maybe no?

Not sure but I think Chelsea will be looking for a temporary home for that season 2017/18. I bet they both want Wembley and only one club can have it. And Chelsea will win the battle, mf'ers.
    What a change since ,what 90's

4. Corax

Corax This will change your life: http://bit.ly/19lPFRa

Deal for CL games at Wembley this season is already done, during which time one end of WHL will be knocked down. Doubtless Levy managed to get a few clauses about the following season included. Chelsea don't even have planning permission yet (remember how long Archway Steel took?), and are way further back in the process.

5. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

i think you should think about changing COYS to something else being as it hasn't worked that well for 55 years

6. chieftain

chieftain Mega Gammon

Like the away kit best!

Attached Files:

7. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

What do we make of our new forwards, Janssen and N'Jie?
    Only read about them so far - Janssen sounds great and 27 goals out of 34 appearances for his last club sounds really promising.
    N'Jie's 7 in 30 at Lyon makes me think he's more of a crosser/provider/trouble maker than a finisher perhaps? Definitely skillful...

I havent looked beyond that - any other interesting signings?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  8. ska invita

Still true though as they still need to come on tbf

9. CosmikRoger

CosmikRoger Well-Known Member

I liked Lamela's nutmeg on Townsend yesterday. Good stuff from Walker too, and Danny Rose must have a dial on his head like Mean Machine which someone winds up to 4 just before kickoff.
    Good to see a no.9 who can 'put himself about a bit' but can't quite seem to put the ball between the posts, haven't had one of those for a couple of years.
    I know we are trying to pay for a new Stadium and all that, but surely all this extra tv rights and Champions League money floating about something could be found for strengthening the squad without having to keep a zero net spend. Wanyama and Janssen were two good early signings and then nothing other than renegotiating downwards the deal for the Marseilles chap. I'd like to see someone pushing Eriksen and maybe another Dembélé type player for when he's out.
    I can't help thinking that we could be missing out on a chance to move up a notch here, I can understand Redknapp not getting a transfer budget when he dragged us into the top four, but now I just think Levy is a tight-arse.

10. Cerberus

Cerberus Uptown top wankin

Bit quiet on here....

I can only speak for myself but I've still got the pip over the way we capitulated at the end of last season. So it all feels a bit subdued this start to the season. I watched the game today though, and...

Spurs 1-1 Liverpool. Klopp will be furious as the scousers should have taken all three points. They had more energy than us; pressed the ball better; and created more chances. We looked lethargic. Am hoping its a one off.

Vorm - as a keeper/sweeper and a shot stopper - played very well. The back four were wide open for much of the game but i'm not sure it was entirelyy their fault - our holding midfielders didnt cope well with Liverpool's breaking midfielders. Kane looked anonymous for much of the game. Alli looked more interested in picking fights. Eriksen was a yard off the pace - physically and mentally. First look at Janssen - just hope he scores soon and we dont have a Soldado scenario on our hands........

When we equalised - and perhaps thought about winning the game - the bench looked a bit light in terms of potential match winners too. Maybe we'll see one more signing next week. Our small pitch really doesnt compliment our style - roll on the new stadium....

Liverpool were impressive going forward. Mane is a real handful (albeit one who will flirt often with red cards) and they pressed excellently. At the back ( and even with Moreno on the bench) they are still porous. Expect goals at both ends vs Liverpool this season.

Both teams in the pack of those chasing 4th. the top three poistions look nailed on as of now:(

11. chieftain

chieftain Mega Gammon

Champions League tonight, can't wait.

COYS

12. chieftain

chieftain Mega Gammon

Well we lost but played pretty well. The atmosphere was great, a good party.

Kane looked knackered, Lamella tried to do the flash stuff instead of the simple ball. Walker was rushing around providing some excitement. Debelle was and instant change and played very well. Delle Ali played well but faded in the 2nd half.

Jassen looks a handful, needs a goal to get going.

13. Dandred

Dandred Mmmmm Beer!

14. ska invita

Theres something about Son, he makes it look so easy that he almost doesn't come over as the amazing player that he clearly is.

15. Cerberus

He has the happy knack at the moment. Good job too as Janssen doesn't look like scoring at all...

Nkoudou was all pace and tricks when he came on. Quite the handful for a fresh full back let alone a tiring one. Enjoyed seeing him for the first time

ska invita likes this.
  16. ska invita

I've never bought a football shirt but having one that says TRIPPIER on the back appeals to me

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    albionism and stavros like this.
  17. ska invita

im actually starting to believe we can win the title this year...the performance against man city was beautiful to watch...only saw the highlights but still...in defence, in midfield and upfront - looking really good...................... coys>>>>>>>>>>>>

18. Spod

Spod Well-Known Member

Yes Spurs played great. High intensity, pass and move. Really respect Guardiola for admitting that City were beaten by a better team on the day and (through gritted teeth) congragulating Spurs. However lets see how you fare on a freezing wet week-day against some northern shin hacking, long-ball hoofing club before you reach for the Bolly....

19. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

I was at the game and fellow City fans kind of had the same attitude - we were superbly outplayed.
    I think Guardiola is trolling Mourinho in his post-match interviews. How unusual to not offer any excuses! Plus Poch is apparently one of the best managers in the world and prior to Spurs it was Eddie Howe who put out the best organised team.

20. Cerberus

Well. That's what I call a 'bokking'. Others might say jinx or hex but you get the picture. We haven't won since!!

We were dire tonight. Sissoko is a £35m bodybuilder who nonetheless still gets knocked off the ball.

21. Cerberus

Doesn't bode well for Sunday...

Can't see where our next goal is coming from????

Badgers likes this.
  22. ska invita

Id forgotten i posted that. Since then Ive long resigned myself to the more usual expectations (so it can't have been who jinxed it ;) )
    I couldnt help myself though because even all last season, right there in second i never thought it would happen, and its nice to dream once in a while...
    Anyhow Kane'll be back soon - looking likely for Arsenal and hopefully not in too bad a way.

23. Bonesy

Bonesy 9"

Watched the Spurs game last night, absolute dogshit from the home team. Leverkusen aren't great yet looked by far the more dangerous team for long stretched. Spurs look toothless without Kane.

24. Pickman's model

unable without kane

Badgers and Sea Lion like this.
  25. Pickman's model

own goal more likely than a spurs goal

Badgers likes this.
  26. Sea Lion

Sea Lion If you can't dance just nod your head

Very good.

Badgers and Pickman's model like this.
  27. Sea Lion

Sea Lion If you can't dance just nod your head

Tottenham Noshotspurs.

Badgers likes this.
  28. Pickman's model

come on you spuds

Badgers and Sea Lion like this.
  29. chieftain

chieftain Mega Gammon

Could have killed off the Goons on Sunday.

A points Ok and it was a good game from both sides but we could have finished it in the last minutes.

Mousa Dembele was/is class.

30. Bonesy

Bonesy 9"

Aye, thought Arsenal were poor. Could easily have lost that game had it not been for a couple of quality saves/tackles. Draws are killing Spurs though - only unbeaten team this season but still 5 points off top.