Torquay Utd vs Dulwich Hamlet, Sat 23rd Mar 2019

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Scolly, Feb 7, 2019.

1. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Devon Live reports states

"What a very strange game that was! Torquay completely dominated a disrupted first half, then struggled to keep command in the second. Still, a win’s a win"

"Dulwich were much improved in the second half, but the damage had been done"

“2-1 in the second half” is the song from the away end"

2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Surely Corey is not an option at all now he's on the bench for them every week, unless Coventry are willing to use their third choice as back up instead?

Blitzwalker likes this.
  3. gnar182

gnar182 i am an okay person

has Tangara left permanently?

4. PartisanDulwich

Its reported that Jorgensen made some good saves in the second half

5. PartisanDulwich

Devon Live reports
    Today’s attendance is 2,655 of whom 117 are in the away end

pompeydunc likes this.
  6. TonyWalt

TonyWalt Active Member

Yes, after a very embarrassing keeper error for their 5th, Jorgensen made some good saves and didn’t put a foot wrong for the rest of the match. Aryan looks a good addition. Torquay are a quality team. No disgrace.

Matt The Cab and B.I.G like this.
  7. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

After conceding 5 :D

GregDHFC and gnar182 like this.
  8. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

Mistake was bad for the 5th goal but before that he’s beaten by a deflected shot which took it in the opposite direction to the way he’s moving, second goal was two players against him, third we were split open and the bloke ran around him, and the penalty was right in the corner, even with him going the right way, so he can’t be faulted for the others, plus smart saves at the end and another in the first half. Also one of the players to go over and shake hands with fans afterwards, don’t use him as a scapegoat today.

YTC, pettyboy, 3010 and 6 others like this.
  9. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

What did Cookie get sub'd for?

10. TonyWalt

TonyWalt Active Member

Agree Tom. From what we could see, only the 5th was his fault alone. We should give him a bit of respect for the fine saves he made against a very tidy Torquay attacking force. That’s why when shaking his hand I praised him for his good saves second half.

baleboy_93 likes this.
  11. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Plus the 4 who were in the match sponsorship boardroom as guests.

Fantastic hosts.... and now off to sample the delights of the town

12. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I was taking it at face value and wasn't there today. Certainly wasn't intending to scapegoat him.

Wasn't happy with him v Hemel, but it sounds as if he made some decent saves today.

editor likes this.
  13. Moroccan Sunset

baleboy_93 mentioned that it looked like a tactical switch. Given that Vose came on, I think Gavin thought we didn't have enough thrust or guile in the middle with Quade and Aryan.

Safe to say Cookie wasn't happy with the decision.

14. Paul's Brother

Paul's Brother Active Member

A
    at fault for the 5th and it was a howler. Terrible technique. That said some very impressive saves after and other then another parry/spill right after the goal he gifted was faultless thereafter.

But if I understand he’s in for Preston while he’s on new daddy duties isn’t he rather than out & out replacement?

editor likes this.
  15. Paul's Brother

Paul's Brother Active Member

If say 4-0 first half humiliation but against a full time professional outfit our season’s final position was never going to be defined by results against the likes of Torquay or Woking.

2nd half we were respectable and put up a good fight.

16. [62]

[62] This week the score draws are plentiful

Great game of football, I thought. Impressive second half reaction from Dulwich considering the scoreline, although I felt we went to sleep for your second. Your big no. 15 made a difference.

Great turnout from your support and the fact that you kept singing even at 0-4 didn't go unnoticed by many of us Popsiders.

After 40 odd years of supporting the Gulls I'm not accustomed to being a big time Charlie, but obviously our whole set-up of full time players and a proven, experienced manager sets us apart a bit from the rest of the league. We're flying high, especially at home, and it's a novelty to turn up expecting a win.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

17. PartisanDulwich

18. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

Two goals created down his wing in under 20 mins from memory. I think it was a message to the players as much as tactical. To be fair at that point he could have hooked anybody in the 11 and been justified. We were being ripped to shreds.

The 5th goal was shocking and he got away with another howler but the keeper was left badly exposed by the defence far too often. It would be easy to scapegoat him but the questions run deeper.

On the flip side Torquay were good. Too good for us. Our season is unlikely to revolve around the two games against them.

Time for questions but not panic. We go again next week, if this causes a hang over then it's possibly time to worry. Anything we got today was a bonus. It didn't happen, hopefully there will be no long term damage. The next few weeks vwill show.

19. editor

editor Forked with electrons

Keep on being shit please, Hungerford!

20. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

Management realised that playing five wingers and one midfielder meant we were a little bit open!

takkforalt and Nivag like this.
  21. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

How do you know?

22. Moroccan Sunset

Tom's commentary painted a fairly clear picture. Regrettably I didn't footnote my original post.

Dulwich Mishi and Pink Panther like this.
  23. editor

Ronco likes this.
  24. editor

25. TonyWalt

TonyWalt Active Member

After watching that, I would say Jorgensen was not at fault for any of the first 4 goals.
    I noticed Green was holding his right arm to his chest at the end, and on the highlights, he's clearly doing it after he scored at about 70 mins. Hope nothing too serious.

editor likes this.
  26. TonyWalt

TonyWalt Active Member

Aye, no photos during the match, no drinking, no smoking, and (particularly annoying to me) no water vapour, oh and no motorcycle helmets (could be used as a weapon you see!)
    That said, the turnstyle fellas and a couple of home fans I spoke to before and after were pleasant enough.

27. editor

What a set of shitty, fun-sucking rules. And there's no need for them either.

Ronco, Blitzwalker and Pink Panther like this.
  28. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

Was a hell of a night!

editor likes this.
  29. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Well, I saw him accept the decision and go off without a fuss. Probably wasn't happy though you’re right.

pettyboy and Blitzwalker like this.
  30. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

64630D0A-ACDF-4279-A282-3F41473A4B78.jpeg

Just took the one with my mobile, as I do with all new grounds I visit. Pathetic that ordinary fans aren’t permitted to take photos.

Pink Panther likes this.