Torquay Utd vs Dulwich Hamlet, Sat 23rd Mar 2019

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Scolly, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

The Supporters' Trust are organising a coach for fans wishing to go to the game against Torquay United on Saturday, 23rd February.

Prices are £30 adults and £24 concessions and the coach is been provisionally booked to leave Champion Hill at 8am.

Train travel to Torquay that weekend will be severely hit by engineering which means traveling part of the journey by replacement bus. Currently the cheapest return tickets are just under £80 per person, so supporters will find that the coach provides a suitable cheaper alternative for those wishing to travel to Devon.

As with the coach to Concord Rangers last weekend, the Trust will need advance bookings of at least 50% coach capacity before we are able to confirm it will be running. Therefore, they are asking supporters to book their seat as soon as possible.

[​IMG]

You can purchase your ticket for the coach in the Mega-Container shop at our next three home matches starting with this Saturday’s fixture against Welling United. The next two opportunities will be at London Senior Cup ‘home’ tie against Brentford B this Tuesday (12/2/19) and at the National South league fixture against Dartford on Saturday 16 February.

If you are unable to make it to any of the above games but would still like to travel, please send us an email to put your name down.

2. DHST

DHST Well-Known Member

We’re still a fair few short of hitting the 50% capacity required to confirm the Torquay coach.

If you want to come on the coach and haven’t signed up yet please let us know by replying here or via: info@dhst.org.uk

We will be taking bookings again at the Hemel Hempstead game this Saturday and will announce soon after that whether there has been enough interest for the coach to be able to run.

3. Ian Kaye

Ian Kaye Well-Known Member

Please put my name down. Thank you.

4. DHST

DHST Well-Known Member

We are pleased to confirm that the supporters’ coach to Torquay United will run this Saturday, 23rd February.

Prices: Adult: £30 Concs: £24

Coach leaves Champion Hill Stadium at 8am.

There are still a number of spare seats available - so do join us to back the team as we approach the business end of the season. The coach is pretty comfortable and has a toilet on board.

Bookings can be secured by replying below or via: info@dhst.org.uk

An email would be appreciated anyway - with your name and contact details - including a mobile number.

5. editor

editor Forked with electrons

6. [62]

[62] This week the score draws are plentiful

As a Torquay fan, looking forward to tomorrow's game. Aside from the supporters coach, are many coming down independently? I'd imagine the rail engineering block will have put a few off. Should be a good atmosphere anyway.

Whilst there has been trouble with a small section of our fans that seem to have seized upon our sudden big fish status after years of being one of the league's minnows, that has all been at local away games (W-S-M, Bath, Gloucester). Banning orders have recently been put in place and games at Plainmoor are stewarded and policed as they always have been. Should be fine. The overwhelming majority of our support is very placid. Too placid sometimes...

You'll be more than welcome in bar at the ground. Not a lot of other options nearby. The Union is popular with home fans. Avoid the delightfully named Fortune of War. Not stereotyping your support or nothing but there's a Waitrose if you want to stock up for the journey home. Otherwise, some half-decent pubs 10-15 mins walk in the Babbacombe and St Marychurch areas. Nice views at the former.

Viel Spaß!

Christian Burt, editor, Nivag and 3 others like this.
  7. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

The away supporters are more Discount Booze/Happy Shopper :D

Paul's Brother and [62] like this.
  8. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

WillClunas likes this.
  9. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself!

I want the finest ales known to humanity, I want them here, and I want them now.

Cyclodunc, [62] and Nivag like this.
  10. [62]

Waitrose it is then! :)

Torquay always has been a beer desert. Not to mention a cultural desert, inhabited by a dubious mix of wealthy pensioners, smackheads and white flight UKIP voters. TBH the football team is my only remaining loyalty to the place. Haven't lived there for decades and almost everyone I know moved away too, even if it's just to other towns nearby.

Beer scene is better in nearby Newton Abbot. More of a football town and home to a lot of our most loyal support.

Didn't you head that way for the Truro game, Pink Panther? Seem to recall seeing that here.

editor likes this.
  11. editor

I like Nabbott. (*I went out with a girl from there and she assured me that's what people called Newton Abbot). I went to a brilliant cider bar there a long time ago.

[62] likes this.
  12. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

Good luck against Torquay, Hamletters. You could do us (Woking) a big favour.

13. [62]

I married a Newton girl and it is indeed fondly referred to as Nabbot (or just Noo'un).

Cider bar still going strong too.

14. Pink Panther

Yes, I went to Newton Abbot and Totnes in search of good beer. The Hole in the Wall in Torquay was decent, and I found a nice b&b in the town, but it's not the easiest place to navigate on foot and it's very hilly!

I try not to be too judgemental about the towns I visit, but I attended the remembrance service on the seafront on the Sunday morning and I noticed that demographic mix you describe. I got the feeling rather too many were more interested in military supremacy than remembering the fallen and those who made other sacrifices.

I won't be there tomorrow. Having been three months ago I'm not desperate to go back while it's still winter, and buying the cheapest advance train tickets is a risk when postponements are still a possibility. The rail engineering works aren't exactly an incentive either.

I'll find a local game in the London area instead.

[62] likes this.
  15. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Come to Carshalton v Lewes. Massive DHFC crew of 4 due to attend.

Nivag likes this.
  16. Pink Panther

Might do. I was thinking of Dorking Wanderers v Bishop's Stortford, but it's looking like they'll be in our division next season. My other option is Potters Bar v Burgess Hill, which is the only ground in our old division I haven't visited.

17. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

I wasn't that taken with the new Dorking ground. All very tidy but a bit sports centre. Enjoy, whichever you choose.

Pink Panther likes this.
  18. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Agree, nice but sterile

19. DHST

DHST Well-Known Member

A reminder that there is a coach for Dulwich Hamlet supporters running tomorrow for those who want to support the team at our game in Torquay.

Walk ups are welcome tomorrow morning but it’s a fairly early start with an 8am departure time from Champion Hill.

£30 adults, £24 concs.

If you only need to travel one way, that’s possible too at a lower rate.

Reply below or via info@dhst.org.uk

Cyclodunc likes this.
  20. editor

Fucking hell. FOUR down at half time. A right royal thumping.

:(

21. editor

2019-02-23_144618.jpg

Not looking good at all.

22. ftg6

ftg6 Active Member

Any particular reason for the drubbing? Had a dream the other night we slipped into the relegation zone last game of the season, feel like it might happen much sooner than that now!

23. editor

0-5 FFS.

24. editor

1-5. The fantasy fightback to ultimate victory against all the odds BEGINS!

*Cue stirring music

25. editor

The good news, such as it is, is that Hungerford are now losing.

26. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Gary Johnson has had them really ticking bar a few recent blips.

27. editor

2-5! Game on! Turn up the stirring music!

28. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

This keeper has let in 9 goals in the three games he's played. Surely Corey would have been a better option?

editor likes this.
  29. editor

I can't say I was impressed with him. That towering height comes with advantages and distinct disadvantages.

30. editor