Top scorer?

Discussion in 'Euro 2012 championship' started by Maltin, Jun 27, 2012.

?

Top scorer at Euro 2012?

Poll closed Jul 1, 2012.
  1. Gomez

28.6%
  2. Ronaldo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Torres

14.3%
  4. Fabregas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Alonso

14.3%
  6. Balotelli

28.6%
  7. Klose

14.3%
  8. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Maltin

Maltin Well-Known Member

Four players are currently tied on 3 goals. Only two of them are left in the competition, Gomez and Ronaldo. Who do you think will finish top goalscorer in the competition?

I think it's very difficult to predict. As I think Germany will win the competition, I think it will be a German but difficult to pick who. As Gomez has already got 3, I'll go with him.

2. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

Purely on the basis that I think Spain will score more than Portugal tonight, and then play an extra game, I'll go for Gomez. Like you say, could easily be a German, though. Who do they have on two goals already?

3. Maltin

Maltin Well-Known Member

From the list in the poll, Gomez and Ronaldo have 3 goals so far. Torres, Fabregas and Alonso have two. Balotelli and Klose have one each.

Everyone else who is still in the competition either has one or none.

Gomez is German by the way.

4. gabi

gabi Banned Banned

Ronaldo - jogi loooourve likes to rotate his strikers, whereas ronaldo is first on the team sheet.. portugal to go all the way

5. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

Didn't he just rest some players for the Greek game? played the same team in all the group games.

I had Balotelli at the start of the comp, and really, he should have had about 3 more. He took the hardest chance of all when scoring with his back to goal while John O'Shea was trying to have a bit of a fumble.. Typical Mario.

6. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

D'oh! Was confusing Gomez with Torres! Shouldn't post before my morning cuppa.

7. Maltin

Maltin Well-Known Member

Still no change in the leading scorers list. Hopefully there will be some goals tonight.

8. Maltin

Maltin Well-Known Member

Balotelli's looking the favourite are the moment.

9. Maltin

Maltin Well-Known Member

I didn't realise Balotelli hasn't scored much at international level. He's only on 4 international goals with 3 in this tournament. His only other goal was against Poland, and that means he's never scored an international goal in a country other than Poland. Has a chance to change this on Sunday.

Even more incredible that his 3 goals make him Italy's joint top scorer at European Championship finals.

10. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

Ive bet on Italy as top scoring nation - can anyone find a league table for that? i cant...

11. Maltin

Maltin Well-Known Member

ska invita likes this.
  12. Maltin

Maltin Well-Known Member

So Torres was given the Golden Boot due to assists and number of minutes played.

Spain scored most goals in the competition.

13. friedaweed

friedaweed Sitting down for a wee

I bet he couldn't tie the golden laces:rolleyes:

14. savoloysam

savoloysam Won an argument on the internetz once.

It's the same pair he puts on when he plays for Chelsea ;)

15. Lock&Light

Lock&Light Ignoring most idiots Banned

Both his goal and his assist were ace.

lighterthief likes this.
  16. friedaweed

friedaweed Sitting down for a wee

I know but he's still a daft cunt :D

17. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop...Hammertime

Not to be churlish, but surely if the Golden Boot is an award based on scoring / lethalness, giving it to a player who has played more minutes than the others is counter-intuitive?

18. Bonfirelight

Bonfirelight Crocodile

you're right, thats why he won it - he played a fair bit less than the others

19. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop...Hammertime

Ah yeah, just realised I was thinking of Balotelli for some reason, ignore me.

20. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Has a fiver on Spain to win and Torres to be top goal scorer at 40-1 , pity it wasn't Spain to win and Torres to get golden boot,.As it was the second part of the bet is split so a profit but not the drinks are on me Friday night sort of return that I wanted.