Tooting Groundshare

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by 59robbery, May 8, 2018.

1. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Not in London though. We won't have trouble with real fans like Wealdstone, its the rural types.

2. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Oh I see.

3. geezuz170

geezuz170 SE11 Faction

I totally agree with this, I often take my young son and he is prone to a toilet visit. When we are down the far end it’s a long old trek back to the toilets. Also the wind coming through is also an issue, not sure if we can get that sorted w
    I

4. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Out of interest, why do we always attack the bar end first half?

5. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

So we are closer to the bar :facepalm:

6. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I guess our team habitually warms up in the same half as the home dugout before the match, and whoever wins the toss generally chooses to kick off rather than change ends. It's been the same at Champion Hill for years.

Emmbeee likes this.
  7. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

i would prefer the attack the Bog End during the second half, purely for the proximity to the bogs.

8. Pink Panther

Perhaps you should run that past Gavin Rose and the players, but I doubt it's very high on their list of priorities.

Fingers likes this.
  9. Cyclodunc

For clarity, is the bog end where the penalties were taken last week?

10. Fingers

No, the Bog End is at the other end (presumably named so because the bogs are at that end)

pompeydunc likes this.
  11. Cyclodunc

Oh, right. That makes sense. I thought it was the other end because the pitch is often wet and bog-like at the penalty shoot-out end

Nivag and Fingers like this.
  12. keith1

keith1 Well-Known Member

Actually, the rule now is that whoever wins the toss has the choice of ends - the loser gets to kick off. In my experience, very few teams win the toss and then opt to change ends these days.

Pink Panther likes this.
  13. Cyclodunc

It happened at Champion Hill the most times in a season that I can remember in my time going to Dulwich Hamlet matches. The sun is the biggest factor there I suppose.

14. Fingers

I think some of our bigger rivals sometimes do it to throw us off our established routine.

GregDHFC and Pink Panther like this.
  15. ForwardHamlet

ForwardHamlet Well-Known Member

Yeah, that is it. There is an area of peatland not far behind that stand I believe.

16. Fingers

17. Pink Panther

Tooting's old Sandy Lane ground had a "Bog End", so named by the locals as there was an old school open air gents urinal down the back of the terrace. I guess the end with the equivalent facilities at the KiNKy Stadium would naturally also be the "Bog End" and nothing to do with the pitch.

Fingers and Dulwich Mishi like this.
  18. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

It was also the best way to bunk in over the fence when at school, with little money, when I didn't want to give them my money, as it was set down below the terracing! ;)

19. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

At Champion Hill I sometimes (when it was sunny) wondered why we didn't attack the Dog Kennel Hill/car wash/car park end in the first half so the sun was in the opposition goalkeeper's eyes? In the second half it went behind the stand and wasn't a problem for Phil/Preston.

I also reckon we have scored more goals at the Dog Kennel Hill end (second half) in recent years. What does the Panther think?

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  20. EDC

Dog Kennel Hill end if you don’t mind, I’ve been seriously reprimanded on here for getting it wrong. Thank you.

B.I.G likes this.
  21. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

:eek:

22. EDC

I called it Car Wash end

23. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

From what I can estimate from Google Maps, the long side of KiNKy that has no seating is the Opposite Toilets Opposite Non Stand.

Noss likes this.
  24. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

Seen something at that ground sandy lane i would love to See Dulwich do, as yet its not happened
    That is beat a League club
    I was there when Tooting beat Swindon Town in the fa cup
    And as many will tell you they were the real enemy in them days

Dulwich Mishi likes this.