Tooting Groundshare

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by 59robbery, May 8, 2018.

1. Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill Moving target

I would be fuming! Absolutely fuming!

2. sealion

sealion Splish splash splosh

Yeah i know. I suggested it because of it's locality for Ska to get to.

3. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

59robbery Is there anything in particular our supporters can help with the ground? I am sure many with skills would be happy to spend a few hours fixing stuff/tidying stuff up as a gesture of appreciation for letting us squat. Maybe we could all make a day of it in the summer?

Thimble Queen, Noss and editor like this.
  4. 59robbery

59robbery Member

Fingers - I shall pass this on. There is generally a week before the start of the season when fans are asked to volunteer to help with jobs around the ground. I'm sure such help would be really appreciated.

WillClunas, iamwithnail and Fingers like this.
  5. Fingers

I suspect that we will be able to arrange a crew for that. Keep me posted.

WillClunas and pompeydunc like this.
  6. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

I've saved all my stencils and have loads of pink and blue spray paint

7. 59robbery

59robbery Member

Haha. There's help and help!!!

8. SDE

SDE Well-Known Member

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but intrigued to know what the rules will be for booze-drinking (the Alan Partridge catchphrase that never was) at our league games at Tooting next season. Last I read on the matter was: Complete no-no for NL ('Prem') and up to discretion of club / ground at NL North/South level. It seems to be very rarely allowed at N/S level, in my experience, though was surprised to see Salford FC was full-on boozy the other week.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  9. geezuz170

geezuz170 SE11 Faction

I could probably suffer it if I saw that the extra revenue was being generated by the lodgers was being invested back in to my club

10. 59robbery

59robbery Member

And there's the rub. The Football Club don't own the facilities!

But hopefully, as you say, the extra revenue will see some improvements to the wider facilities.

11. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Who does own the facilities?

darryl likes this.
  12. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

Similar set up as Dulwich in the old days I believe. A limited company own the site with Tooting and Mitcham functioning beneath them. No idea what the terms of their deal are.

I have vague memories that the Tooting breakaway team emerged at least partially due to dis-satisfaction over the limited company. Obviously not being around Tooting I have no idea as to how valid the issues were.

Edited to say I think Ron Noades owned the site when Tooting moved in.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  13. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

It was the old Crystal Palace training ground before the current stadium was built. Ron Noades never let go of anything like that without retaining a controlling interest. I'm sure he made a fortune out of Selhurst Park while Palace ended up in administration.

darryl likes this.
  14. jnrknight

jnrknight James Knight

That sums things up nicely for me. Imperial Fields is a brilliant ground & I’m massively greatful for T&M accommodating us in our time of need BUT I started following Dulwich when I moved to Bromar Rd 4 odd years ago & CH being on my doorstep & the club being a big part of my local community was a massive part of what got me hooked. Dulwich Hamlet Football Club belongs in East Dulwich & there’s a lot of people doing a lot to make that happen so while I couldn’t be more thankful for T&M letting us squat at Imperial Fields for now I can’t wait for the day I can ride over the top of Dog Kennel Hill after work on a Tuesday mid-winter evening & see the glow of the floodlights at Champion Hill again...

15. hackbridgeharry

hackbridgeharry Well-Known Member

Cheers everyone..... There is a lot of worry over at the Pit Of Misery at the moment which I'm sure you all understand.
    We just need a big hug and for someone to tell us everything will be alright....

16. hackbridgeharry

BTW....If we do end up moving from Saturdays... I think Friday night games may not be such a bad thing for us seeing as how many teams play in the area now.

17. 59robbery

59robbery Member

Dilly Sodding Dilly

18. Fingers

Well I currently have about 15 fans signed up to help out (holidays/work permitting) and I have not even gone to the regular volunteers yet so just let us know when and give us a couple of weeks notice.

19. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

I might be able to help too subject to the work overlords.

Fingers likes this.
  20. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

I could probably do a weekend over the summer, my skill set probably stretches to basic painting and weeding!

21. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Likewise. I can't guarantee to be available on any given weekend but I'm happy to help if I can.

Fingers likes this.
  22. 59robbery

59robbery Member

And now we are managerless.......

23. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I would have kept him. Don't tooting fans not rate Drage? Touch of kingstonian about the whole thing.

24. 59robbery

59robbery Member

I thought Drage re-signing was a good move. But his performances and general slagging off of team mates hasn’t completely won everyone over. Didn’t stop the goals against column.

B.I.G likes this.
  25. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Love Drage. Like the manager. Definitely need some defensive coaching help maybe.

All moot now.

Kevin James as the next manager?

26. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Drage was why we never got promoted last season!

GregDHFC likes this.
  27. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Shame Gavin signed him then :facepalm:

28. GregDHFC

GregDHFC Well-Known Member

Agree with this to some extent (he obviously wasntw solely responsible). Drage had talent but was also liable to make some serious defensive mistakes. I never felt confident when the ball went near him because you just couldn't tell which version of him you'd get.

hackbridgeharry likes this.
  29. hackbridgeharry

Dangerous Drage gave away the last minute penalty right near the end of the season at Needham Market which meant that we came back with nothing instead of one point for a draw.

That point would have kept us up.

A few other things as well but that one really hurts.

30. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

I think that's incredibly harsh.

clog, 3010, StephenMac and 4 others like this.