1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tooting drama

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by Sirena, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Sirena

Sirena Don't monkey with the buzzsaw

I don't know what the exact story is but it will come apparent, presumably, in the next couple of days...

2. Greebo

Greebo 'scuse me, Mrs May, can I have my country back?

I hope they find somewhere bearable to live soon, they've been waiting a long time now.

3. Sirena

4. Greebo

Greebo 'scuse me, Mrs May, can I have my country back?

It's good to see how many offers of help they've had, although it's all the more puzzling why they've refused everything, even from their own people.

5. Sirena

I think everyone says the woman is obstinate, obdurate and stubborn to the point of unreason. I don't care now.....

6. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda 100% echtes Pandabär!!

So, no interrogation of why she's supposedly the above, just the withdrawal of your sympathy on the basis that she is those things. :facepalm:
    One of the key issues that people who live rough develop is their difficulty in living within the confines of housing. Add to this the possibility that it was trauma within housing that originally drove her onto the street, and your "I don't care" seems rather glib.

muscovyduck likes this.
  7. Sirena

if you read the early part of the thread, everyone has tried to talk to her: her family, senior members of the Somali community, charities, the Council (on various occasions). She's been in hospital over the Winter. The Council have offered her two flats. Nothing has had any effect.

What do you want me to do?

Greebo likes this.
  8. hash tag

hash tag sickness. now light

As of a short while ago, she is still there. Fwiw, ( as already mentioned ) i am not sure there is anything anyone can do

Sirena and Greebo like this.
  9. hash tag

A year on and they are still camped outside Tooting Library in Mitcham Rd :(

10. Farmer Giles

Farmer Giles Well-Known Member

Still there the other day.

11. hash tag

:facepalm:
    As been said previously, they have been offered lots of help.

12. Sirena

Yes I passed by the other day too.

There was a time when her son was not with her and I thought he might have been given accommodation by someone while she decided to continue her vigil.

But I think he was sitting with her when I went passed yesterday.